Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,661 to 2,680 of 4,371

Ralizah

@Dezzy: Ocarina of Time 3D. For a while, used copies were fetching upwards of $60-70 dollars. It's gone down now, and I can buy it new for around $45-55, but that is still above MSRP on an oldish game.

The price of Pikmin 3 also skyrocketed for awhile. It has lowered, now, but it's still pretty darn high if you want to get a new copy (think $65+).

There are probably other examples in different regions, but you get the point. There are other Nintendo games that have quite recently had stock issues.

Also, it was actually really difficult to find a copy of Splatoon when I wanted to buy it after it first came out. I had to drive an hour or two to another city entirely to find one. I could have avoided this hassle if I had preordered it, but I wanted to make sure the game was performing properly before I spent money on it.

Also, good luck finding some niche Japanese releases in stores when they release. In cases like this too, if you want to go physical and get a game on the day of release, you really need to preorder.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

DefHalan

Digital never runs out of copies lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

GrailUK

This is an honest question.
If you tap an amiibo with this game do you get a character themed skell? I am sure I just saw some artwork that looked like Ganondorf!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Blast

GrailUK wrote:

This is an honest question.
If you tap an amiibo with this game do you get a character themed skell? I am sure I just saw some artwork that looked like Ganondorf!

I hope not. The less Amiibo support in XCX is for the best. You can already give in depth paint jobs to customize your Skell to however you want.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dezzy

The newest survival guide preview trailer everyone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix87NDXnM_w

Ralizah wrote:

@Dezzy: Ocarina of Time 3D. For a while, used copies were fetching upwards of $60-70 dollars. It's gone down now, and I can buy it new for around $45-55, but that is still above MSRP on an oldish game.

The price of Pikmin 3 also skyrocketed for awhile. It has lowered, now, but it's still pretty darn high if you want to get a new copy (think $65+).

There are probably other examples in different regions, but you get the point. There are other Nintendo games that have quite recently had stock issues.

Hmm, I haven't really seen this at all. Maybe it's different in the US than Europe? Here's Pikmin 3 available for £30 right now: http://www.thegamecollection.net/pikmin-3-wii-u.html

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

GrailUK

@Tsurii: Thanks for the reply. I have just let out a big sigh of relief!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Ralizah

@Dezzy: It's probably a regional thing with the U.S., which doesn't surprise me. Consider how many more stock issues Americans have had with Amiibos than Europeans. The U.S. branch is apparently run by incompetents.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Akira_1975

Why isn't this game listed on the EB Canadian site (ebgames.ca)!?!?! I just want to cry. I would buy the special edition if they actually made it available here. So sad. It just doesn't help sales when crap like this happens.

Akira_1975

whodatninja

Dezzy wrote:

The newest survival guide preview trailer everyone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix87NDXnM_w

Ralizah wrote:

Hmm, I haven't really seen this at all. Maybe it's different in the US than Europe? Here's Pikmin 3 available for £30 right now: http://www.thegamecollection.net/pikmin-3-wii-u.html

Yeah Nintendo games frequently go "out of stock" on Amazon UK, especially on release. They come back eventually but it's still annoying.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Dezzy

whodatninja wrote:

Yeah Nintendo games frequently go "out of stock" on Amazon UK, especially on release. They come back eventually but it's still annoying.

Examples?
I've never seen this. And if I ever have, I've always then found the game elsewhere quite easily.

Edited on by Dezzy

whodatninja

Dezzy wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Examples?
I've never seen this. And if I ever have, I've always then found the game elsewhere quite easily.

Pikmin 3 was gone for the longest time. I had to buy it from a third party.

Same with Wonderful 101

whodatninja

Galvanic_Arcvn

Just wondering, has anyone seen anything about a 'waypoint' function ala MGSV? I know that there's a map and a flying nav ball for missions but I would like to be able to mark certain spots manually.

Galvanic_Arcvn

Dezzy

whodatninja wrote:

Same with Wonderful 101

What exactly is a third party shop?

Nintendo_Ninja

I wonder if you can name the skell you get?

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Joeynator3000

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

I wonder if you can name the skell you get?

I'm pretty sure you can, would make sense since you can customize it and all that.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

jump

Dezzy wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Same with Wonderful 101

It's a random seller on Amazon as not everything listed for sale on Amazon is actually sold by Amazon.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

whodatninja

Dezzy wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Same with Wonderful 101

A private seller, like Ebay or Amazon marketplace. Different from retail.

I bought Wonderful 101 "used like new" for £22. Thought that was a good deal at the time. Now you can order it brand new from Amazon for £15 (though it's out of stock)

whodatninja

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic