Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,621 to 2,640 of 4,371

Blast

And after XCX comes out and we all played it... We can talk about the future of Xenoblade games. We really should have a discussion on what Monolith should do. I think they need to hire even more people. Takahashi and his team can continue his Xeno stories while a new director starts a new JRPG series for Nintendo. That way... Monolith can pump out at least 2 or 3 internally developed JRPGS for Nintendo a gen or something. It gets complicated though because Monolith ends up helping in games like Animal Crossing New Leaf and others. And Monolith helping other Nintendo games is totally fine. It's just... I want Monolith to at least push out another JRPG for Nintendo during gens. I keep saying JRPG because I want more of them for Nintendo. But if a squad within Monolith wants to work on bringing back a Ice Climbers game or whatever then that's fine too.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Ralizah

@TsunamiSensei: Nah, the PS Vita has had an amazing line-up this year. Granted, this will likely be its last great year, considering so much Japanese support is shifting to the PS4.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Jaz007

@whodatninja: @OmegaMetroid93: Thanks for the answers, that really helps. As long as I can still kill innocent people at some point, that system sounds much better than a karma one. It allows for grey morality (if your character cares that is lol). I think the narrative will decide my interest in the game.

Jaz007

Smash_kirby

Ralizah wrote:

@TsunamiSensei: Nah, the PS Vita has had an amazing third party line-up this year. Granted, this will likely be its last great year, considering so much Japanese support is shifting to the PS4.

There I fixed it for you.

Smash_kirby

RR529

Smash_kirby wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

@TsunamiSensei: Nah, the PS Vita has had an amazing third party line-up this year. Granted, this will likely be its last great year, considering so much Japanese support is shifting to the PS4.

To the bolded, does it really matter?

Now, I don't have a Vita, so I can't comment specifically on it's current situation, but if it has had let's say 10 amazing games this year (just as an example), what does it matter if they're all third party?

Is an amazing 3rd party game worth less than an amazing 1st party game? The way I see it, an amazing game is an amazing game, period.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Smash_kirby

RR529 wrote:

Smash_kirby wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

To the bolded, does it really matter?

Now, I don't have a Vita, so I can't comment specifically on it's current situation, but if it has had let's say 10 amazing games this year (just as an example), what does it matter if they're all third party?

Is an amazing 3rd party game worth less than an amazing 1st party game? The way I see it, an amazing game is an amazing game, period.

It is more of the fact that Sony is treating it as the PSP was treated. Sony has given up on the Vita, I have one and I am disappointed that Sony won't make any more substantial titles themselves. With that in mind the Vita will flop worse than a World Soccer player. The last game that I can think of that Sony help publish and work on was Borderlands 2. Right now the Vita is just getting leftovers from the PS4 in terms of First party games and it upsets me.

Edited on by Smash_kirby

Smash_kirby

cookiex

Blast wrote:

It gets complicated though because Monolith ends up helping in games like Animal Crossing New Leaf and others. And Monolith helping other Nintendo games is totally fine.

The Monolith working on New Leaf and Splatoon isn't the same studio as the Monolith making Xenoblade and Project X Zone. The Kyoto-based division was founded specifically to aid development of EPD titles.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Smash_kirby

On a more related note.
I like how XCX combines the open world and character creation of Skyrim, the creative and memorable characters of Final Fantasy, and the ability to get your squad together and wreck stuff, to put it kindly, of Mass Effect

Smash_kirby

OmegaMetroid93

About the "Why don't we get access to skells earlier?" question, I found a couple articles on it

http://nintendoeverything.com/takahashi-says-it-takes-about-3...

http://nintendoeverything.com/takahashi-on-why-players-arent-...

They both basically say the same thing, except the first one is an elaboration on the subject and the other one mentions the "verticality of the world", which is something I'm very excited about.

So yeah, they want to gradually easy you into things and give you more powerful tools as you move on rather than give you everything from the get-go. Makes sense to me.
And even after you have your skell, you still have the super weapons to work towards. I remember reading another article where Takahashi spoke very highly of the super weapons. They may just be a bigger deal than I initially thought.

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

Sleepingmudkip

Would it be possible for nintendo to bump this game up to November 20? just so they have a game for black Friday or should they keep the December 4th date

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Blast

Smash_kirby wrote:

On a more related note.
I like how XCX combines the open world and character creation of Skyrim, the creative and memorable characters of Final Fantasy, and the ability to get your squad together and wreck stuff, to put it kindly, of Mass Effect

Monolith is pretty much Square Enix and Atlus rolled into one. Nintendo needs more studios like Monolith... Badly.

Master of the Hype Train

Smash_kirby

Blast wrote:

Smash_kirby wrote:

On a more related note.

Monolith is pretty much Square Enix and Atlus rolled into one. Nintendo needs more studios like Monolith... Badly.

THey should definitely invest in more studios like them. Maybe find some of ex Bioware workers to have them form a new development team.

Smash_kirby

Joeynator3000

....looks at the team list on the wiki Wait...Yoko Shimomura isn't involved in this game?! TwT

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

CaviarMeths

TsunamiSensei wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Also, this ignores Persona 4 being one of the only Vita games.

Fixed that for you.

The Vita has literally thousands of games.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Zyon

Anyone know of a video that shows off the difference of having the data packs? I've seen a dozen different playthroughs from people that have the Japan version but it's hard to tell if they have the packs or not. I just want to know if it makes a huge difference and worth the time downloading the nearly 15GB for the NA version.

Zyon

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4646-2043 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyon17

Blast

Zyon wrote:

Anyone know of a video that shows off the difference of having the data packs? I've seen a dozen different playthroughs from people that have the Japan version but it's hard to tell if they have the packs or not. I just want to know if it makes a huge difference and worth the time downloading the nearly 15GB for the NA version.

I plan on just downloading the Digital pack that allows New Los Angeles to load faster because you go there often. I might also download a pack for which area I decide to grind in.

Master of the Hype Train

Smash_kirby

@Megumi: She might've been busy or maybe she wasn't what they were looking for in the music direction for the game.

Smash_kirby

Dezzy

And for those who aren't insane, here's the standard edition for £15 cheaper:
http://www.thegamecollection.net/xenoblade-chronicles-x-wii-u...

Smash_kirby wrote:

THey should definitely invest in more studios like them. Maybe find some of ex Bioware workers to have them form a new development team.

I'd personally like that. But I seriously doubt it's a move Nintendo would go for. The kinds of games Bioware make are reliable failures in Japan. They'd probably be wary of getting more franchises aimed solely at a western audience. They've already got Metroid which Japan doesn't care about. They've also been losing interest in Zelda in recent years. I think Nintendo will keep that sort of thing in mind.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

whodatninja

I don't understand why the LE is so expensive compared to the standard version when all you get extra is a small artbook, a steelbook case and map. The US gets a way better edition and that's roughly the same price!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic