Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,601 to 2,620 of 4,371

Benjelo

@Dezzy:
I probably will get those preload patches if I have enough memory. I would the game to have as little load time as possible and hopefully no lag. I see that all the downloads together come to a total of 10GB so maybe I won't

FC(3ds):2423-1966-6724
"I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause." Job 5:8

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1966-6724 | Nintendo Network ID: Benjelo

Benjelo

Another thing I was wondering about was whether or not we could switch between English and Japanese voice dubs like in Fire Emblem: Awakening. Has anyone heard anything about that?

Benjelo

@DiscoGentleman: I just saw some subtitles for the japanese dub during the treehouse live xenoblade x.... thing.... but I'm not sure if that was just for the developers or they will have that as an option that we can use in game.

Dezzy

DLC playable characters doesn't sound that big a deal. Is there other DLC? Like another town or something would be great. That was the flaw in Chronicles and looks similarly a flaw in this. Massive massive map, depressing lack of civilisation.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

Dezzy wrote:

DLC playable characters doesn't sound that big a deal. Is there other DLC? Like another town or something would be great. That was the flaw in Chronicles and looks similarly a flaw in this. Massive massive map, depressing lack of civilisation.

Oh, there's civilization in XCX... It's just not as dominant because that's not the vibe Monolith is going for. Most survivors are in New Los Angeles while other survivors are scattered. Other races are also scattered. XCX isn't Tales or Final Fantasy. If it was them then I would be worried like you.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

jump

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Is there any word about patching the game so we get the Skull suits (mechs) earlier than 30 hours in? I don't see kids waiting that long to play with the mech suit.

I don't see kids playing it to begin with.

Why have you gone to multiple threads asking about patches?

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Smash_kirby

@Whitewatermoose: You seem to be the kind of person that would want Nintendo to patch in the after bowser worlds into super Mario 3D world so you did have to play through the full game.

Smash_kirby

Jaz007

So is this looking to include good/evil choices? Or this looking to be a linear open-wolrd RPG in that respect?

Jaz007

whodatninja

@Jaz007: It has multiple endings if that's what you're asking. I don't know about morality choices though.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

OmegaMetroid93

@Jaz007 - It features affinity choices. That is, certain choices you make will impact relationships with different party members depending on what they think of your choice or how they respond. So it's not specificaly "good or evil" but rather good or bad for different characters.

@whitewatermoose - I can guarantee you that there aren't going to be any patches like that, ever. The Skells are a huge part of the game and they want you to start off small and work your way up. They want your first Skell to be a special and impactful moment that you have to work hard to get to.
There's also the fact that Skells are super powerful and a patch where you get them earlier would basically throw the entire difficulty curve in the game off balance completely.
You get them when you get them. They aren't going to be the only enjoyable part about the game, that's for sure. If you get time to traverse the world on foot first, you'll appreciate the speed and mobility of the Skell even more when you finally get it.

OmegaMetroid93

Blast

Before Zelda U even got delayed, I insisted XCX was Wii U's biggest holiday game. People told me I was wrong.
After Zelda U got delayed, I insisted again that XCX was Wii U's biggest holiday game. But people like good ol @kkslider5552000 insisted Star Fox Zero was Wii U's biggest holiday game.
Now that Star Fox Zero has been delayed... Now people are finally saying XCX is Wii U's biggest holiday game.
Hahahahaha I totally called this long ago.

Edited on by Blast

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

DiscoGentleman wrote:

@Blast: immature comment.

Looking forward to this game being a front-runner for promotion in the upcoming months. It really deserves it. Hope it sells well.

Hahahah "immaturity" wasn't really the emotion I was having in that comment. I was just saying that I always said XCX was gonna be Wii U's big holiday game for 2015 WAYYY before Zelda U even got delayed.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Tsurii wrote:

@DiscoGentleman: yah..I hope they will really push the game now. It, Takahashi and Monolith Soft definitely deserve all the attention and success they can get. I never expected it to sell exceptionally well (although it beat Xenoblade Wii's first week(s) in Japan, if I'm not mistaken), but the situation as it's right now might just be the best possible "setup" for Xenoblade's release.
I think the only thing that could help the game even more would be moving the release date closer to Black Friday, but I don't think that'll happen considering the mountain of localization work for it. Really hoping it'll be a success for Nintendo and that we'll see more (sci-fi) Xenoblade in the future. Takahashi still needs to truly finish his "xeno saga" after all

All XCX needs is a well made demo to convince anyone whose still hesitant. Just let us create our avatar and kill three monsters.

Master of the Hype Train

OmegaMetroid93

I'm not sure how well a game like this would demo. Then again, I'd love to have a little sneak peak.
I actually had a dream last night that a demo was released. XD
Boy was I disappointed when I woke up.

OmegaMetroid93

Dezzy

Lol, no way are they gonna make a demo for a game like this. Look how massive it would have to be to even remotely get a sense of the game. It's not like the prequel with the sectioned off areas. They'd have to make a demo that included most of the first continent. Even if it wasn't all explorable, it'd need to be visible in the background or it'd look weird!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Joeynator3000

I say we should get another Nintendo Direct instead.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

OmegaMetroid93

I'm not sure what they could possibly tell us in a Direct that we didn't already know, or that isn't spoiler territory.
I realize I'm being pessimistic, but it honestly seems like all we can do is endure the wait until the game comes out.

OmegaMetroid93

Blast

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

I'm not sure what they could possibly tell us in a Direct that we didn't already know, or that isn't spoiler territory.
I realize I'm being pessimistic, but it honestly seems like all we can do is endure the wait until the game comes out.

Agreed. The wait for the game is horrible.

Master of the Hype Train

kkslider5552000

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Only three RPG brands are huge sellers.

To be fair, other RPG brands aren't actually advertised like huge sellers.

Also, this ignores Kingdom Hearts.

Also, this ignores the recent popularity of Dark Souls and Witcher. Or Dragon Age for that matter.

Also, this ignores Persona 4 being one of the only big selling Vita games.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TsunamiSensei

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Also, this ignores Persona 4 being one of the only Vita games.

Fixed that for you.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic