Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 4,371

whodatninja

Linkmeister wrote:

The real question here is will it come to the wii u North America eshop. Knowing NOA it probably won't be.

Keeping with the original EU release, in a year from now maybe

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Ralizah

I tried playing XC on Wii and hated the controls. Got thirty or so hours into the 3DS version before getting bored and giving up. I think I'm going to ignore the original for a while and focus on X when it comes out. If I enjoy X, I'll go back to and finish XC. If not, I'll sell everything associated with the franchise.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

I tried playing XC on Wii and hated the controls. Got thirty or so hours into the 3DS version before getting bored and giving up. I think I'm going to ignore the original for a while and focus on X when it comes out. If I enjoy X, I'll go back to and finish XC. If not, I'll sell everything associated with the franchise.

You got bored at 30 hours? But it only gets crap at about 70 hours in

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

Dezzy wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

You got bored at 30 hours? But it only gets crap at about 70 hours in

I've heard the story gets pretty decent later on.

The fact that XCX will focus on providing meaningful sidequests is one of the things I'm most excited about with regard to the game. Reminds me of Majora's Mask: I enjoyed that game so much more than OoT primarily because the world surrounding the player felt so vibrant and alive. Even if the main story is brief, I'm still going to be spending the majority of my time faffing about in the various in-game environments.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

There's a bit of disagreement, but I've met quite a few people who agree with me that the first 3/4 of the story is good and the last 1/4 is most definitely not. For anyone who's finished it, I personally thought it went downhill from Agniratha onwards.

Blast

XC on Wii U Virtual Console? Another missed marketing opportunity. It should be... "Buy Xenoblade Chronicles X and get a free download of Xenoblade Chronicles on Eshop for a limited time!".

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kkslider5552000

Dezzy wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

There's a bit of disagreement, but I've met quite a few people who agree with me that the first 3/4 of the story is good and the last 1/4 is most definitely not. For anyone who's finished it, I personally thought it went downhill from Agniratha onwards.

There is no logical reason (that I've heard of) to think this. Literally any problem I could think (admittedly barring the ending) are not drastically different to things beforehand. I'm not sure I can understand someone that would prefer Melia's emotionless family or that one thing Shulk did in sword valley over it.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

There is no logical reason (that I've heard of) to think this. Literally any problem I could think (admittedly barring the ending) are not drastically different to things beforehand. I'm not sure I can understand someone that would prefer Melia's emotionless family or that one thing Shulk did in sword valley over it.

Well reactions to the quality of a story tend to be more emotional than logical. "I really disliked character X and found them completely uninteresting and their role in the story largely superfluous" isn't really a complaint about logic.
That one thing Shulk did in sword valley was quite infuriating. You could say that was more illogical I guess. And certainly inconsistent and stupid, both from the point of view of his character, and for the player.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

Don't wanna spoil anything. So lets just say they included a trope that is only considered good on kids TV.

nacho_chicken

Dezzy wrote:

Don't wanna spoil anything. So lets just say they included a trope that is only considered good on kids TV.

I, too, have no idea what you're talking about.
Besides, there's spoiler tags for a reason.
MASSIVE XENOBLADE CHRONICLES SPOILERS: Shulk is Zanza

The whole game basically takes place in the Matrix

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Dezzy

He was talking about the bit in sword valley. He was referring to the part where...

Shulk refuses to kill Mumkhar just because he's a homs, despite the fact that he's pure evil, completely irredeemable, incredibly dangerous, and needs to die anyway for the sake of the story (and Shulk's murdered thousands of animals up to that point)

Edited on by Dezzy

whodatninja

@Dezzy Ehh, I didn't mind it. It's a common trope in storytelling. Is the hero willing to murder people, even if they're bad guys? That said, Shulk does get more "hardcore" as the game goes on.

[spoilers]I had a bigger beef with the totally-not-obvious-but-actually-really obvious betrayal near the end.[/spoilers]

(And hey that's the food chain for ya! )

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Grumblevolcano

@whodatninja: [spoilers] ["/"spoilers]

Remove both quotation marks.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic