Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 4,371

JoyBoy

I don't know, the english dub sounds a bit forced to me. I'll probably play it in Japanese anyway like I did with Xenoblade.

I'm still not really sold on this game. When I was watching the treehouse footage yesterday I noticed the driving around in your mech looked quite bad, which is weird because I remember it looking really nice from those gifs you guys posted earlier.
The 3 things I really liked in Xenoblade were the music, the artstyle with a lot of color, and the big explorable world.
The latter is obviously very much present, if not, 3 times more. But the other 2, mehhh, idk yet.

I'll probably get it though because it does look a deep game I can spend a lot of hours with.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

erv

I like the voices.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

kkslider5552000

It's hard to say without more context tbh. It felt a bit stilted, but it's just as likely that it's because it was only a minute of out of context dialogue.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Kai_

The voices are fine, the lip syncing is not.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

OmegaMetroid93

They're already working on something new? I'm assuming it'll be an NX title.
Is it weird I can't wait to see it, despite not even having played XCX yet?

I mean, if Xenoblade was what they did with the Wii and Xenoblade X was what they did with the WiiU.. Can you even imagine what kinda crazy things they'll put together on the NX?
I'm getting ahead of myself though. I need to play Xenoblade X first.

I've been listening to the soundtrack a lot lately to hype myself up for it and I must say, it's really working.

My favourite song is probably Sylvalum:

I also really like the second half of Tots' Theme.

Which probably isn't going to end up being part of his theme if many of the other songs are any indication.

This entire soundtrack is golden for me so far. There are a few songs I don't like, but for the absolute majority of them, I'm very happy with how they turned out.

Edited on by Jazzer94

OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

A moderator edited my post? Was there something wrong with it?
I dunno.. Clarification would be nice.

OmegaMetroid93

cookiex

CanisWolfred wrote:

cookiex wrote:

This shouldn't come as a surprise, but Takahashi and Monolith Soft have begun working on their next project.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/236750-monolith-soft-on-making-...

Didn't they have a 3DS game in the works a while back?

Word has it that artwork was just for a recruitment poster and not a game that's actually in development.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

iKhan

I'm very concerned by the music in the Treehouse footage I've seen, in that a ton of it has lyrics. I hate when background video game music has lyrics, as IMO, it sucks away atmosphere and immersion from the game. TWEWY has this problem really bad, with half of it's songs probably being better without lyrics cough Calling cough.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

kkslider5552000

iKhan wrote:

I'm very concerned by the music in the Treehouse footage I've seen, in that a ton of it has lyrics. I hate when background video game music has lyrics, as IMO, it sucks away atmosphere and immersion from the game. TWEWY has this problem really bad, with half of it's songs probably being better without lyrics cough Calling cough.

I wholly disagree. Good music is good music and good lyrics can add to a scene or a battle. TWEWY is an especially bad example, as it fits the atmosphere of that game flawlessly.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

A lot of my favorite video game tracks have lyrics, so... yeah, not bothered by that on principle. Even if it's just jibberish faux Latin like Liberi Fatali.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dezzy

Was that actually just jibberish?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CaviarMeths

Dezzy wrote:

Was that actually just jibberish?

Some of it is. The opening and closing "fithos lusec wecos vinosec" is jibberish.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

iKhan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I wholly disagree. Good music is good music and good lyrics can add to a scene or a battle. TWEWY is an especially bad example, as it fits the atmosphere of that game flawlessly.

To me, lyrics automatically change a song into an active listening experience rather than a passive one. It's the same reason I don't work while listening to lyrical music.

That said, I do have an exception for more classical style vocals, i.e. Chanting or operatic style. I could listen to Mozarts Requiem or Bizet's Habanera at any time.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Varathius

Hi all. I just wanted to add that I hope a Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii u bundle comes out in the US and Europe and down under

Varathius

OmegaMetroid93

If you don't like lyrics, you're probably not going to like this OST as a whole. I've listened to quite a big chunk of it and there's a lot of lyrics in there.
Doesn't bother me at all though.

While I don't think it'll surpass the original game's OST for me, I can still say that I love what I've heard so far, and there's really only a couple songs that I don't like. Of course it also depends on how they're used in-game. But yeah. It's gonna be hard for me to keep my foot still while going through this game.
The continent themes are especially amazing. I have a very hard time deciding which I like best. I'd probably say Sylvalum, but it's really hard to make up my mind. lol

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

iKhan

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

If you don't like lyrics, you're probably not going to like this OST as a whole. I've listened to quite a big chunk of it and there's a lot of lyrics in there.
Doesn't bother me at all though.

While I don't think it'll surpass the original game's OST for me, I can still say that I love what I've heard so far, and there's really only a couple songs that I don't like. Of course it also depends on how they're used in-game. But yeah. It's gonna be hard for me to keep my foot still while going through this game.
The continent themes are especially amazing. I have a very hard time deciding which I like best. I'd probably say Sylvalum, but it's really hard to make up my mind. lol

Of the tracks with voices, are they more like the final boss tracks of XC? Or is it a lot of English lyrics like in TWEWY?

martinskrtel37

Varathius wrote:

Hi all. I just wanted to add that I hope a Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii u bundle comes out in the US and Europe and down under

me too mate

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic