Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 4,371

CaviarMeths

Sakurai wrote:

Why is Xenoblade X gameplay is so oddly similar to FF15? I recently noticed this.

In what way? I don't think they look similar at all. It's like comparing Dragon Age and The Witcher.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Sakurai wrote:

Why is Xenoblade X gameplay is so oddly similar to FF15? I recently noticed this.

In what way? I don't think they look similar at all. It's like comparing Dragon Age and The Witcher.

WELL they both have giant Monsters aaand are open world aaand are JRPGS aaand confirmation bias. Dragon Age and the Witcher are both super similar, too. One plays like an ARPG MMO and the other like an Assassin's Creed ARPG, but that's all the same to me. Furthermore, they both have mages and nonhumans and racist persecution (sarcasm aside they both copies Tolkein's 'we will diminish' stick pretty whole-hog.)

But seriously these are all very different games. Their combat systems are all quite different, not to mention their quests and world-building. Open world with giant monsters proves nothing; that's almost every AAA westernized game so far this gen. DAI, W3, XCX, and FFXV all being open world with a focus on big beasties is a testament to that, not some isolated instance of inspiration. It's just a development fad right now.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

whodatninja

Kotaku and Polygon both have crap reviewers. Did you see Polygon's Witcher 3 review? Yikes!

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Blast

So, we finally saw English text in the game but it still seems like the Nintendo localization crew is still hesitant to show the voice acting. And yeah... this is the Wii U's big 2015 game. Its not Star Fox Zero. No offense to the cool upcoming 2015 games for Wii U but they just can't go up the mountain like XCX. Its also really sad how Nintendo didn't even talk about this game at the Digital Event OR even release some kind of small demo. BUT I do like how they finally figured out a good way to market and advertise the game. That short trailer for XCX WAS BRILLIANT.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kkslider5552000

No it's Mario Maker. That's just true. They released way too many samey Mario games a couple of years ago and they still consistently outsold everything that wasn't a main Pokemon game and maybe Mario Kart, 2 years later w/ the ultimate level creator and much better hype, there's no way anything else competes.

I'd love to see the reality where you're right though. It should be in many ways. And yes, this year's trailer was great. Last year's trailer was too much explaining and trying to sell us a story without presenting the characters as...characters. They were just people saying things mostly. Which is criminal if the characters are actually great.

This one knew what it was doing. It was just the most basic of story elements and then LOOK AT THIS COOL STUFF YEAH, GET PUMPED! That's how you sell this game, it looks cool, it's huge and anime in all the good ways.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

cookiex

Blast wrote:

And yeah... this is the Wii U's big 2015 game. Its not Star Fox Zero. No offense to the cool upcoming 2015 games for Wii U but they just can't go up the mountain like XCX.

No for one reason: It comes out after thanksgiving. Nobody releases their big title after Black Friday. Holiday 2015 belongs to Star Fox.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

whodatninja

Blast wrote:

So, we finally saw English text in the game but it still seems like the Nintendo localization crew is still hesitant to show the voice acting. And yeah... this is the Wii U's big 2015 game. Its not Star Fox Zero. No offense to the cool upcoming 2015 games for Wii U but they just can't go up the mountain like XCX. Its also really sad how Nintendo didn't even talk about this game at the Digital Event OR even release some kind of small demo. BUT I do like how they finally figured out a good way to market and advertise the game. That short trailer for XCX WAS BRILLIANT.

Yeah and Fire Emblem If is coming NEXT YEAR and already has an English dub. They couldn't even show us a bit of Xenoblade's dub?

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

whodatninja

Tsurii wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Blast wrote:

Yeah and Final Fantasy If is coming NEXT YEAR and already has an English dub. They couldn't even show us a bit of Xenoblade's dub?

Fire Emblem, not Final Fantasy lol

But I agree, the main thing I was looking forward to see (well, hear) was the dub. I'm hoping for two things: that they're going to show a translated build at the treehouse thingy today or tomorrow and that FE Fates' dub points towards XCX's being on that same level, because that was pretty darn good in my opinion.

LOL a freudian slip! (I have Final Fantasy 7 on my mind )

whodatninja

Dezzy

whodatninja wrote:

Kotaku and Polygon both have crap reviewers. Did you see Polygon's Witcher 3 review? Yikes!

Lol 8/10. Game did not confirm my political biases.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

erv

Witcher 3 and xenoblade are basically pikmin anyways

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

CaviarMeths

whodatninja wrote:

That's mostly just Arthur Gies. He tends to use his reviews as a soapbox for whatever current hot-topic social issue. He did it for Bayonetta 2 as well. It gets clicks.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

That's mostly just Arthur Gies. He tends to use his reviews as a soapbox for whatever current hot-topic social issue. He did it for Bayonetta 2 as well. It gets clicks.

No, Polygon loves to do this with every big critically acclaimed AAA 'moment in gaming.' Phil Kollar gave the Last of Us a 7.5, calling it 'dead inside' because it was a sad game wherein bad things happen. You just can't trust them with huge games. They'll probably give Zelda U a 6/10 bemoaning 3D gaming too, after all, it does get clicks.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Kuksenkov

For some reason, I can't help but think that Xenoblade is releasing in December... Because they pushed it to that date or purpose.

But we're getting it this year, and that's all that matters.

Avid collector of Japanese music/films/videogames physical releases.

www.shadycandyshop.blogspot.com

Twitter:

cookiex

Apparently they're still recording the English voices hence why the dialogue is Japanese while the text is translated (going by the treehouse gameplay), so it'll be a while longer before we hear the English dub.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Blast

THE FIRST VIDEO OF ENGLISH VOICE ACTING FOR XCX IS HERE!!!! ELMA'S ENGLISH VOICE ACTRESS LITERALLY SOUNDS LIKE THE SAME WOMAN WHO VOICED RYUKO MATOI FROM KILL LA KILL! ALSO... OUR WORST FEARS ARE CONFIRMED. CROSS DOESN'T HAVE A VOICE IN CUTSCENES.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

nacho_chicken

Blast wrote:

THE FIRST VIDEO OF ENGLISH VOICE ACTING FOR XCX IS HERE!!!! ELMA'S ENGLISH VOICE ACTRESS LITERALLY SOUNDS LIKE THE SAME WOMAN WHO VOICED RYUKO MATOI FROM KILL LA KILL! ALSO... OUR WORST FEARS ARE CONFIRMED. CROSS DOESN'T HAVE A VOICE IN CUTSCENES.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

MC not having a voice was confirmed ages ago when the game came out in Japan. I explained previously why that would be very costly to implement in any language. Besides that, you're seriously overreacting to the dub. The English voices are fine, if not great. You hardly see anyone complain about FE: Awakening's dub, and Nintendo's more than likely pulling from that same voice talent pool. Lynlee sounds like Lissa, and Elma sounds like Miriel. It's not like Atlus where they get the same 5 people to voice everyone in every game ever.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

OmegaMetroid93

I really, really like Lyn's voice. Her japanese dub is irritatingly high-pitched and squealy. I was afraid they'd try to emulate that with the english VA, and I'm so happy they didn't.

Elma also sounds nice, although possibly a little stilted. I know her character is supposed to be kinda stoic and proud or whatever, but yeah. In any case, I like it more than the japanese dub.
Even though the game isn't coming out til late this year, it's nice to see localization coming along so well.

OmegaMetroid93

Blast

nacho_chicken wrote:

Blast wrote:

MC not having a voice was confirmed ages ago when the game came out in Japan. I explained previously why that would be very costly to implement in any language. Besides that, you're seriously overreacting to the dub. The English voices are fine, if not great. You hardly see anyone complain about FE: Awakening's dub, and Nintendo's more than likely pulling from that same voice talent pool. Lynlee sounds like Lissa, and Elma sounds like Miriel. It's not like Atlus where they get the same 5 people to voice everyone in every game ever.

Hahaha you misunderstood me. I like the English voice acting. I was hoping that Cross would have a voice like Mass Effect's Commander Sheperd.

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic