Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 4,371

IceClimbers

DefHalan wrote:

I am sticking with my November prediction. Devil's Third being in October. Possibly Star Fox in September. Yoshi in August. Mario Maker in June or July. December will either be a new game announced at E3 or Zelda (which I know was delayed but it might still make it this year, just unlikely)

Not sure about Europe, but in North America September is already taken up by Mario Maker, Rodea the Sky Soldier, and Lego Dimensions. My prediction is similar, but Star Fox will take Captain Toad's slot as the December budget title. I think October will be Fatal Frame and Yoshi's Woolly World. Devil's Third makes a good mid-August release, while Xenoblade X hits as the main holiday release in late November.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

luisesteban

Operative wrote:

While that map is undoubtedley huge in game, I hope there's more to it. Since it seems like there'd only be like 4 environments based on it. But who knows, maybe that's all we'd need. It's gonna be massive regardless

At some point, there could be more areas, home land enemies for the main enemies, or pottencial dlc.

luisesteban

Justlink

TheLilK98 wrote:

Just to reiterate, that story trailer is really, really good.

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Contrite

I'm kind of worried about the localization now honestly. While the Treehouse is usually amazing at this stuff, some of the changes just seem so.. pointless. Doll to Skell just makes it weird to people who've been accustomed to Doll, it seems like a change just for the sake of change. Same with Tatsu to "Tats" (?)

I just hope when I'm finally playing this that I won't have the thought of NoE localizing it instead of NoA pestering my head.

(If they change Elma heads will roll)

Contrite

CaviarMeths

Contrite wrote:

I'm kind of worried about the localization now honestly. While the Treehouse is usually amazing at this stuff, some of the changes just seem so.. pointless. Doll to Skell just makes it weird to people who've been accustomed to Doll, it seems like a change just for the sake of change. Same with Tatsu to "Tats" (?)

Tatsu to Tats may actually be a correct translation. Japanese syllables don't end in consonants other than -n, so -tsu may have been the closest they could get using kana characters. It happens very often with loan words.

Skells is silly though.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Contrite

Haha, could be! Honestly I know very little about Japanese grammar, about the only thing I know is that Japanese in Latin script can more or less be read as Norwegian and still have it sound mostly right.

Hmm, I could swear I heard them saying Tats(u) with the U in one of the directs. Might just be Alzheimers though.

Yeah, If they feel that Doll won't fit, just call them Gears or something as a tie in to Xenogears. At least that would make sense.

Contrite

Sparx

Skells honestly seems like more of a 'rule of cool' name change....I think it sounds a little too awkward, though dolls did too

My avatar is from here

Dezzy

It was probably changed to something that is easier to google!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

I still prefer the Japanese naming for stuff in this game and I will use the Japanese name instead. You will never see me talking about Skells or Tats. Nah... Dolls and Tatsu for me.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

triforcepower73

Would the U.S. government really name top-of-the-line fighting machines "Dolls"? I doubt they would name anything "Skells" either, but it sounds a lot more like something they would use than "Dolls." I'm fine with skells. In fact now that I've gotten used to it now, I think I prefer it.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

triforcepower73

Contrite wrote:

Yeah, if they feel that Doll won't fit, just call them Gears or something as a tie in to Xenogears. At least that would make sense.

There would probably be a huge copyright issue if they did that.

CaviarMeths

triforcepower73 wrote:

Would the U.S. government really name top-of-the-line fighting machines "Dolls"? I doubt they would name anything "Skells" either, but it sounds a lot more like something they would use than "Dolls." I'm fine with skells. In fact now that I've gotten used to it now, I think I prefer it.

If they were going for a shortened form of exoskeleton, they should have called them Exos. Or just Mechs, like a non-psycho.

I'm secure enough in my manhood that I would have no issue with Dolls though. I'm sure the US military is too.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

triforcepower73

CaviarMeths wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

If they were going for a shortened form of exoskeleton, they should have called them Exos. Or just Mechs, like a non-psycho.

I'm secure enough in my manhood that I would have no issue with Dolls though. I'm sure the US military is too.

Exos looks better when it's written. I don't think it rolls off the tongue well at all though.

nacho_chicken

Tots is the exact same name as Tatsu. Literally no change at all.

It's the same old song and dance every time something is changed in localization. I was there and saw the hissy fits the Capcom Unity Monster Hunter community had over Hapurubokka being changed to Nibelsnarf and Jinouga being "changed" to Zinogre. With 4U, they complained about Garara Ajara being changed to Najarala. One guy even lamented the "change" of Gogumajiosu, despite a Capcom staff member - someone working on the localization team, even - informing him that Gogmazios is the same name.

In the end, feel free to call them whatever you want, just know that you're going to confuse new people and invite trolls to call you a "weaboo".

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

TuVictus

Is it really a big deal at all? They could have called them barbies for all I care, what's important is the gameplay they bring to the table

TuVictus

Kaze_Memaryu

triforcepower73 wrote:

The government itself wouldn't call mechs "dolls", but the military is well-known for giving their machinery ironic or cool nicknames, and "Doll" would be right up their alley.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Blast

nacho_chicken wrote:

It's the same old song and dance every time something is changed in localization. I was there and saw the hissy fits the Capcom Unity Monster Hunter community had over Hapurubokka being changed to Nibelsnarf and Jinouga being "changed" to Zinogre. With 4U, they complained about Garara Ajara being changed to Najarala. One guy even lamented the "change" of Gogumajiosu, despite a Capcom staff member - someone working on the localization team, even - informing him that Gogmazios is the same name.

In the end, feel free to call them whatever you want, just know that you're going to confuse new people and invite trolls to call you a "weaboo".

Hahahaha I'm gonna get called a weeaboo just cuz I like saying Dolls more than Skells? Lol whatever.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

nacho_chicken

Blast wrote:

nacho_chicken wrote:

Hahahaha I'm gonna get called a weeaboo just cuz I like saying Dolls more than Skells? Lol whatever.

I'm not saying you will. I'm just saying that that's what I've seen happen to people who still call Zinogre "Jinouga".

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to Xenoblade 3D. Gotta go avenge Fiorun by killing the Mashina and Black Face. It's Rain time, baby!

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Dezzy

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

The government itself wouldn't call mechs "dolls", but the military is well-known for giving their machinery ironic or cool nicknames, and "Doll" would be right up their alley.

Wouldn't the US military call them like "victory suits" or something like that?

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic