Wii U Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Showing 221 to 240 of 780

AuthorMessage

Blast

221. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Speaking of FF XV, I found a pretty good X/FF XV comparison video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSaBIzmovvg

I'm really excited for Final Fantasy XV and X but man... X looks so much better. I just wish Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV was coming to Wii U. I would be really happy if they did.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

222. Posted:

I could care less about Kingdom Hearts to be honest. If I ever buy a PS4 I'll consider XV.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

Blast

223. Posted:

Oh, man... Look at this trailer for Monolith's X. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GxUMMGyZcM
GET 'EM, NINTENDO!!!
SHOW THE HATERS WHAT THE WII U CAN DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

224. Posted:

I inagbe that X's release date hinges on how far along EAD3 is with the next Zelda game. This year Nintendo stayed the course if trying to capture the Wii expanded audience and with then not coming back, the guys at NCL have to work there asses off to try and regain the core's trust and dollar back before the PS4 and Xbox One can ingrian themselves.

If Zelda is ready and for next fall X is going to be a late summer title, and if not thanX will be promoted to The marquee title. It would make a ton of sense to push X seeing how well Xenoblade did despite NOA screwing the pooch so hard.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

225. Posted:

Zelda U is going to be Q4 2014 at the earliest.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

226. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

I inagbe that X's release date hinges on how far along EAD3 is with the next Zelda game. This year Nintendo stayed the course if trying to capture the Wii expanded audience and with then not coming back, the guys at NCL have to work there asses off to try and regain the core's trust and dollar back before the PS4 and Xbox One can ingrian themselves.

If Zelda is ready and for next fall X is going to be a late summer title, and if not thanX will be promoted to The marquee title. It would make a ton of sense to push X seeing how well Xenoblade did despite NOA screwing the pooch so hard.

I think that Nintendo should really push X as well as Bayonetta, regardless of whatever else they're peddling. They need to push everything they've got on the Wii U and let people know that it's going to have what APPEAR to be great games. I never played Xenoblade Chronicles but I'd say I'm pretty excited for X. Every time I see a trailer it makes me glad I have a Wii U. Same goes for Bayonetta 2.

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

227. Posted:

Untitled

I think this might end up being the first of the next gen RPGs, or JRPGS at least.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

RogueStatus94

228. Posted:

It's getting that time again…

RogueStatus94

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

229. Posted:

RogueStatus94 wrote:

It's getting that time again…

What time? Nintendo Direct time? Holiday season time?

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

230. Posted:

Probably both. We usually get at least one per month during the holiday season. Chance's are were going to get a direct this month going even more indepth about Mario and Zelda next week. After that were likely going to get one next month about Nintendo's early line up as they need to reinstill consumer confidence in the face of two next gen contenders coming out

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Blast

231. Posted:

I tried comparing Final Fantasy XV trailers to Monolith's X trailers and I do see how FF XV is much more scripted than Monolith's X. I do see that now. I'm still excited for FF XV but Monolith's X is a next gen game that looks amazing.
But what's funny is that FF XV didn't look as scripted as it does now from the trailers when it was a PS3 exclusive.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

232. Posted:

It's scriptedness has always been a big factor with Final Fantasy, and even when it was Versus XIII, they had no intention of making that game any different in that regard. If anything they've been going on for years about how they're handling the cutscenes so they could make them more dynamic and interesting.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

233. Posted:

Plus the we don't know who scripted the game is. The E3 trailer looks to be the the first hour or so of the game. All of the gameplay scenes take place during Niflheim siege on Lucis to get the last crystal.

To be honest we probably wouldn't even get any comparisons to the two series if Wii U was on the docket to get XV.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

234. Posted:

Even though I've seen it many times, this trailer still leaves me speechless every time I watch it.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

235. Posted:

The trailer is excellent for sustaining hype. Idk how much longer it'll hold me over though...

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Blast

236. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

It's scriptedness has always been a big factor with Final Fantasy, and even when it was Versus XIII, they had no intention of making that game any different in that regard. If anything they've been going on for years about how they're handling the cutscenes so they could make them more dynamic and interesting.

I got nothing against Final Fantasy XV. I've been watching the trailers for it over and over and this is what I gathered so far...
Here is my expert guess on the story: Noctis: The real reason why women want this game. He's the "typical" pretty boy. Misunderstood but prolly a great guy. Has good friends. Heir to the throne. Powerful. The blond haired guy: Prolly the jokester in the group. The guy with the long brunette hair and has a shirt with his chest exposed: Prolly the macho guy who says dumb stuff but is strong and has a heart of gold. The guy with the glasses and slicked haircut: Prolly the smart guy in the group. The guy with the very short hair and has a beard: I bet he's the guy that talks to Noctis about how terrible their world is. Noctis Dad: Great guy and a great father. The King of the throne. Noctis love interest: A pretty girl that Noctis can't have even though they obviously love each other. All the bad guys shown so far: Doesn't like Noctis or his family so they wanna destroy them and claim the crystal.

Gameplay: Kingdom Hearts based but also has some other interesting elements like the gamer can switch characters instantly and Noctis can teleport. incredibly scripted moments. I expect giant explosions to happen nonstop as Noctis runs around in the world. Cue the "Jump here and grab the rail so you don't fail, Noctis!" moments. Everything is planned. Nothing is random.

Monolith's X story: All I can figure is that the gamer wears some cool gear and explores the world. Fights huge animals. GIGANTIC WORLD. MULTIPLAYER.
Gameplay: Free roam and you can get in a mech and explore and fight in the mech.

Lol I'm excited for both games. I used to be more excited for Final Fantasy XV but I started rewatching Monolith's X trailers and I quickly fell in love with X.

AuthorMessage

Blast

237. Posted:

But.. in Final Fantasy XV's defense... scripted moments can be visually impressive and grab the gamer in a great way (if they are done right). I just hope that none of Noctis friends is like Hope or Snow. Those two guys are so freaking annoying.

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

238. Posted:

With regards to XV, I've seen videos where the player teleports around and ends up firing at air often. Of course that could just mean they suck but still.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Blast

239. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

With regards to XV, I've seen videos where the player teleports around and ends up firing at air often. Of course that could just mean they suck but still.

Same here. I noticed that. I bet its gonna be like: "We put enemies up here so only Noctis can hit them. Teleport up there and take them down."

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

240. Posted:

I would say i'm more excited about Final Fantasy XV mostly because we know more about the game, and the world seems much ore interesting. Just from what we've seen the world looks like it could be the logical future of any of the older Sword/Sorcery final fantasy's where technology progressed at the same rate of magic.

Plus the game looks gorgeous.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I still would like the next entry to go back to more mid evil/steampunk roots of the series with a story similar to 12's. But if not i'm cool sicne were getting the classic JRPG in Bravely defualt next year.

I guess i'm going to go and do a play of every entry of the series next year once I get a Vita in december. The only games that will be hard to replay are 5 and 12.

WAT!