Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 4,371

Haru17

I just want to say I think Monolith Soft was foreshadowing the death of these two by having their abdomens connected to their thoraxes by such flimsy pieces of metal. Food for thought.

Untitled

Untitled

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

jump

The Famitsu scores are in and it got a 9/9/8/8.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TuVictus

Don't really see it as a bad score. We all know we're gonna love the game regardless. Hope there's not some dumb riot over a slightly lower review score than was expected

TuVictus

Dezzy

Yeah, in the world of review scores, that's a bit disappointing. I think that's maybe the lower bound of what we all expected given how good the game has almost guaranteed it'll be. Obviously enough to guarantee the purchase though.

As a comparison, the original got 36/40. Although as with all review score, take em with a pinch of salt. They did give FF13 39/40.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Offspring

I don't put too much stock in Famitsu's reviews (even though 34/40 is pretty good). In the same issue they gave Assassins' Creed: China the same score as Xenoblade X and the new Puzzles & Dragons game straight 9s.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

OmegaMetroid93

I don't trust reviews. I really don't.
I have learned time and time again to only ever trust my own judgement when it comes to games.
That said, 34/40 isn't a bad score.

What I think we can take from reviews is actually reading them, and looking only at facts, then decide whether or not those are things we like or dislike.
Bothering with the reviewers opinion is kinda pointless as it may differ completely from yours.

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

iKhan

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

I have learned time and time again to only ever trust my own judgement when it comes to games.

What I think we can take from reviews is actually reading them, and looking only at facts, then decide whether or not those are things we like or dislike.
Bothering with the reviewers opinion is kinda pointless as it may differ completely from yours.

Well, that's kind of the point of reviews. They aren't trying to get you to buy a game, just inform your decision.

When I see a review praise a game for challenging 2D precision platforming, I'm going to pull away, because that type of gameplay is something I don't like much at all.

Instead I parse out the parts that I probably would find enjoyable.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Peach64

Famitsu's review scores can be bought. They seem to have this mysteriously high reputation among some western gamers as if they were the Japanese Edge, but it's really weird because they're not thought of like that in Japan.

Peach64

OmegaMetroid93

iKhan wrote:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Well, that's kind of the point of reviews. They aren't trying to get you to buy a game, just inform your decision.

When I see a review praise a game for challenging 2D precision platforming, I'm going to pull away, because that type of gameplay is something I don't like much at all.

Yeah, I know. It's just that a lot of people don't seem to understand this. They freak out because a game they were looking forward to got an 8/10 without even looking at the review itself.
Which is the biggest reason as to why I think number scores need to be done away with.

OmegaMetroid93

Hy8ogen

Reviews for AC: China

Famitsu
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China (PS4/XBO) – 9/8/8/9

IGN review: 6.4

Gamespot review: 6

Also the fact Famitsu gave FF13 a 39/40, these folks have no idea what they're doing. I say we wait for more reviewers to chime in before making verdict. Furthermore, I don't think the Famitsu reviewers played through the entire game. It's more of a first impression kind of score.

@OmegaMetroid93 I find Kotaku's rating system to be the perfect balance. A score is not really good because people have different taste and all.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Monado_III

Nintendogs got 40/40

Pinnacle of video games=nintendogs

some meh game that shows how bad I am at learning different battle systems
34/40

Monado_III

iKhan

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Yeah, I know. It's just that a lot of people don't seem to understand this. They freak out because a game they were looking forward to got an 8/10 without even looking at the review itself.
Which is the biggest reason as to why I think number scores need to be done away with.

I'm actually a big fan of number scores. To a degree, there are certain characteristics games, movies, TV, etc that most people like or dislike. While there is no such thing as an objective score scale, getting a single number summary of what they ultimately thought can be somewhat helpful (especially for a site like Gamespot where you can never tell from the review text whether the the reviewer liked or disliked the game; they are just pro/con lists)

Last year my friend and I had watched Equalizer and Gone Girl, and we discussed what we thought of the movies using scores. He gave them both a 7, so that told me that he liked them equally. I gave Equalizer a 7 and Gone Girl a 9. Obviously to get a full perspective you need words behind it, but sometimes it's just nice to know someone's overall.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Elma-fan

@ IceClimbers OMG that trailer, this game HMMMPGHGRGVVNEGWTOKG GVHBGHTYNB.......... it looks good.

Elma-fan

triforcepower73

IceClimbers wrote:

New story trailer! Can I please just have this game?

Just.......wow. They get me EVERY time! I always think "My hype can't get any bigger for this game." Then they release a new video, a new song, a new bit of info and the hype just further intensifies.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Haru17

I'm just gonna put this out there, the zora and beast aliens are probably gonna be the antagonists up to a point where everyone then faces some existential or otherwise revelatory threat and must band together and fight to coexist. Just a feeling.

IceClimbers

Haru17 wrote:

I'm just gonna put this out there, the zora and beast aliens are probably gonna be the antagonists up to a point where everyone then faces some existential or otherwise revelatory threat and must band together and fight to coexist. Just a feeling.

So a bit like Kid Icarus Uprising's story where they all have to team up to fight the Aurum?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

CaviarMeths

A planet filled with anthropomorphic female aliens you say?

Untitled

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

A planet filled with anthropomorphic female aliens you say?

Untitled

Haha nice

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Haru17

IceClimbers wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

So a bit like Kid Icarus Uprising's story where they all have to team up to fight the Aurum?

Yes... riiight, Icarus...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic