Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,081 to 2,100 of 4,371

Contrite

What's peoples' theories on continuity in this game?
As in with Xenoblade.
It's kind of odd how the games' names only differ one letter, no?
Things like Nopon being in the game could simply be similar to Chocobos in FF, of course.
Then there's Lyn's hairpins. Which could be nothing but a tiny easter egg.

You have to wonder though.. and even if there's nothing directly connecting the two games... It's still plausible that
they take place in the same universe. (As in the one that's created at the end of the first game).

Contrite

CaviarMeths

Contrite wrote:

What's peoples' theories on continuity in this game?
As in with Xenoblade.
It's kind of odd how the games' names only differ one letter, no?
Things like Nopon being in the game could simply be similar to Chocobos in FF, of course.
Then there's Lyn's hairpins. Which could be nothing but a tiny easter egg.

You have to wonder though.. and even if there's nothing directly connecting the two games... It's still plausible that
they take place in the same universe. (As in the one that's created at the end of the first game).

I'm assuming they're entirely unrelated in continuity, like the Final Fantasy series.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

I'm assuming they're entirely unrelated in continuity, like the Final Fantasy series.

I sure hope so, let's not have any nonsense-bonkers real-world tie-ins touch anymore games.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

SomeBitTripFan

I still feel like this game does have a connection to Xenoblade, judging by the land masses. The first area in the game (the plains and mountain area) bears some landmarks that look like deteriorated landmasses from the destroyed Bionis. Heck, the large rings in the desert bear an uncanny resemblance to the rings on the Mechonis' arm. It's probably just a homage to the first game though, considering that the planet in Xenoblade is certainly Earth, and the planet destroyed at the beginning of XCX is also called Earth. The story line of X seems very similar to the plot of the first part of Xenogears in Perfect Works though. The game could be unofficially telling that portion of the story, or could have just drawn inspiration from that plot. We can't know until the game is released though.

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Contrite

Xenoblade's planet could've become the Earth, could be Mira, or could be a planet in a far-a-way solar system from the Earth. I guess the actual question is whether Shulk's wish for a world with no gods actually recreated the former universe, as in, our universe.
I'm guessing it'll be at most recurring themes, and slight nods and references. But anything is possible. We've seen quite little of the story so far, and we can be pretty sure there'll be quite a twist or two in there. And speculation is fun!

Contrite

Haru17

Contrite wrote:

Xenoblade's planet could've become the Earth, could be Mira, or could be a planet in a far-a-way solar system from the Earth. I guess the actual question is whether Shulk's wish for a world with no gods actually recreated the former universe, as in, our universe.
I'm guessing it'll be at most recurring themes, and slight nods and references. But anything is possible. We've seen quite little of the story so far, and we can be pretty sure there'll be quite a twist or two in there. And speculation is fun!

Themes? You mean like 'racism and murder are wrong?' That theme?

SomeBitTripFan

@Haru17: Fate/Destiny/Purpose, Love, Sacrifice, Loss, Revenge, and likely more. It's not a masterpiece, but it's none-the-less compelling, even with the mistakes with the writing.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

Themes? You mean like 'racism and murder are wrong?' That theme?

Well, all of the Xeno games have dealt with theology and philosophy to some extent, Xenogears especially. Takahishi is notably a big fan of Nietzsche.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

@Haru17: Fate/Destiny/Purpose, Love, Sacrifice, Loss, Revenge, and likely more. It's not a masterpiece, but it's none-the-less compelling, even with the mistakes with the writing.

I guess those count as themes. Granted love, sacrifice, loss, and revenge aren't themes as much as they are things that happen in a plot. The most interesting, and only original concept in my experience, I found in Xenoblade was the thing about the 'Monad'. And that wasn't really much so...

Edited on by Haru17

kkslider5552000

I liked Xenoblade's story quite a bit, but it wasn't for any deep, meaningful themes. I just saw it as a JRPG plot that did the things I liked (and did them better than most other JRPGs) and did less of the things I don't like in JRPG plots.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Haru17

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I liked Xenoblade's story quite a bit, but it wasn't for any deep, meaningful themes. I just saw it as a JRPG plot that did the things I liked (and did them better than most other JRPGs) and did less of the things I don't like in JRPG plots.

What'd you think of Xillia in relation to Xenoblade?

kkslider5552000

Haru17 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

haven't played it. Don't own a PS3.

and regardless my friend would kill me if I played another Tales game and it wasn't Vesperia

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Haru17

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

haven't played it. Don't own a PS3.

and regardless my friend would kill me if I played another Tales game and it wasn't Vesperia

Definitely play Vesperia and both Symphonia games first. Xillia wasn't amazing. The combat was fine, as always, but the story was confused and shallow at best (analogy). Granted I only played the first 40 hours -_- Haven't finished it or played Xillia 2.

Edited on by Haru17

martinskrtel37

erv wrote:

This game is gonna suck. It’s so not gonna have 1080p and 60fps and now the lighting isn’t true hdr with ray casting enabled? Pffff, talk about a crappy game.

I guess I just have to let go of my anticipation of enjoying those creatures with their testicles hanging down their necks.

I can't tell whether this is a funny joke-post making fun of people who go on about graphics.. or whether you are one of those people.. i can't tell at all.. if "the lighting isn’t true hdr with ray casting enabled" is serious then i just.... don't even know what to think..

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Haru17

It's sarcasm m8.

Joeynator3000

Haru17 wrote:

It's sarcasm m8.

Or IS it? Dun dun DUN....
I get the feeling it wasn't. >.> lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Haru17

Sanya wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

It's sarcasm m8.

Who in your life writes 'Pfff' in sincerity?

Joeynator3000

Haru17 wrote:

Sanya wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

It's sarcasm m8.

Who in your life writes 'Pfff' in sincerity?

...>.>
...<.<
...I can't think of any more funny responses tonight. TwT

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

Themes? You mean like 'racism and murder are wrong?'

What? Damn, I knew people were looking at me weirdly.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

erv

martinskrtel37 wrote:

erv wrote:

This game is gonna suck. It’s so not gonna have 1080p and 60fps and now the lighting isn’t true hdr with ray casting enabled? Pffff, talk about a crappy game.

I guess I just have to let go of my anticipation of enjoying those creatures with their testicles hanging down their necks.

I can't tell whether this is a funny joke-post making fun of people who go on about graphics.. or whether you are one of those people.. i can't tell at all.. if "the lighting isn’t true hdr with ray casting enabled" is serious then i just.... don't even know what to think..

Lol don’t worry, it’s sarcasm.

People who know me even a little bit know I’m always an advocate of letting go of the technicalities and enjoying art for what it is. Yet, varying per community, people get lost on the pixels and the polygons and whatnot. Nintendolife usually is more about the games than about the technology, which I like.

If something doesn’t match specifics that doesn’t mean it isn’t well executed. Anyone with half a brain would know xenoblade looks great and has huge potential. Specifics don’t matter, what matters is the quality of execution and my oh my, this is shaping up to be amazing.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic