Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 4,371

Blast

It's gonna be really funny if XCX turns out to be the better outer space game than Starfox U.... I hope Miyamoto is looking at XCX for inspiration.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Makkiez

Have a feeling that. if they not announce a release date at there Nintendo Direct ( E3 one--> 2 months away) It will be delayed till 2016. Of course i'm not sure and i could be wrong.

Need to say that the Doll video was absolute master piece!

March 21, No !LIFE! Monster hunter ( wiiU)

Twitter:

Blast

Makkiez wrote:

Have a feeling that. if they not announce a release date at there Nintendo Direct ( E3 one--> 2 months away) It will be delayed till 2016. Of course i'm not sure and i could be wrong.

Well... in that Japanese Direct, there was English text so it is being translated to English. There is progress.... I'm thinking its coming this year.

Master of the Hype Train

cookiex

Makkiez wrote:

They don't necessarily have to give out an exact date. All the game really needs is a window, like October 2015 or something like that.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Hy8ogen

I'm definitely going for a Light Doll + Katana. Ninja build doll ftw.

My friend is going full on Tank build. I really cannot wait for this game. Please Nintendo please give it a 2015 release.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Haru17

Makkiez wrote:

Zelda isn't done yet, while Xenoblade X is. The only thing that needs be done for the western release is translation, a process that Nintendo should have started late 2014 or early this year if they planned ahead. Sure, it's a lot of text, but that's just it; if Xenoblade X is anything like Xenoblade Chronicles it'll have 97% unvoiced sidequests, making localization loads easier. The main quest's cutscenes would be the only significant voice acting task for localization (battle dialogue is a repressed memory for me).

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CaviarMeths

Voice acting can be done in a few months once the English script is completed. It's not that big of a deal. The real whale of a task is the text, but that should have started last year. A 2015 release date in the west is certainly possible and likely, but not guaranteed.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dezzy

Ha yeah, no way is a game like this gonna be 100% voice acted. Never gonna happen. It'll just be the main story that's voice acted. It'll definitely be out 2015!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Ha yeah, no way is a game like this gonna be 100% voice acted. Never gonna happen. It'll just be the main story that's voice acted. It'll definitely be out 2015!

-_- Well, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Dragon Age Inquisition, The Witcher 3, but, yeah, Nintendo sure won't make a fully voiced open world RPG.

Edited on by Haru17

CaviarMeths

Dezzy wrote:

That's what I said about Zelda and I feasted on crow.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Again, Xenoblade is done, while Zelda is not. I'm pretty sure Nintendo knows they need this game out for fall, even if they have to rush the localization.

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Again, Xenoblade is done, while Zelda is not. I'm pretty sure Nintendo knows they need this game out for fall, even if they have to rush the localization.

By the way, have you seen this? NL doesn't seem to have reported on it yet.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

If that doesn't look like jumping the sharq then... Anyway, that could be good, depending on who at Capcom is working on it. I mean, I've always wanted MH to go open world, but, not like this (not like this!)... Not on 3DS, and certainly not with that atrocious cel shading! Granted, it's early alpha, but those character models look to have loose borders... ugh. Monster Hunter has a great art style that translates perfectly to HD.

This half-baked chibified stuff just screams 'stopgap until Monster Hunter 5 on PS4' to me. I don't know why it's called 'RPG', MH was already a total RPG. I guess they want to emphasis story...? In a Monster Hunter game??? Hwat?

Edited on by Haru17

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

This half-baked chibified stuff just screams 'stopgap until Monster Hunter 5 on PS4' to me.

Yeah I bet Yokai Watch is headed to PS4 too.

And yeah I'm assuming that the dislike bar on that video is a bunch of people like yourself who are personally offended by the art style.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

This half-baked chibified stuff just screams 'stopgap until Monster Hunter 5 on PS4' to me.

Yeah I bet Yokai Watch is headed to PS4 too.

And yeah I'm assuming that the dislike bar on that video is a bunch of people like yourself who are personally offended by the art style.

I'm not personally offended, but anyone who's played MH4U can attest that the art style looks great. I mean, the only problem is the 3DS's low resolution jaggy-ing it all up. The environments look nice, but those character and monster models make me want to cry. And how exactly are character animations, MH's thousands of intricate, fighting game-like character animations, going to transfer to children from adolescent character models?

I dunno, too much about this screams 'throwaway cash grab for the spawn to spend their allowances on'. I mean, they didn't even show combat, in a MH game.

It's just clear to me that the 3DS is a drag on Monster Hunter and the PS4 seems the only optimistic console with a mass market that is open to Japanese games.

Edited on by Haru17

Sisilly_G

Haru17 wrote:

Nintendo sure won't make a fully voiced open world RPG.

Just as well. The battle cries in Xenoblade Chronicles are annoying enough.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

This actually looks really cool, in my opinion.

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/11/monster-hunter-stories-a...

"Capcom have yet to reveal much as far as gameplay goes, Monster Hunter producer Ryozo Tsujimoto explained that it’ll be a game where players will take on the role of “Riders” instead of Hunters this time around, and it will be an RPG that tells the tale between these Riders and monsters."

U wot m8? 'Spinoff' doesn't even to begin to cover this... Just ponder this for a moment "players are not hunters in Monster Hunter." Just, just nope.

Anyway, we should probably hop threads with this topic...

Edited on by Haru17

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

It's just clear to me that the 3DS is a drag on Monster Hunter and the PS4 seems the only optimistic console with a mass market that is open to Japanese games.

Definitely very early in development, like you said. My guess is that it'll be more of a traditional monster training RPG. Capcom probably wants to capitalize on that sweet, sweet Pokemon/YW money.

Monster Hunter will remain portable or go mobile though. I'm not sure why you think it'll move to consoles. You'll have to elaborate on that.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Definitely very early in development, like you said. My guess is that it'll be more of a traditional monster training RPG. Capcom probably wants to capitalize on that sweet, sweet Pokemon/YW money.

Monster Hunter will remain portable or go mobile though. I'm not sure why you think it'll move to consoles. You'll have to elaborate on that.

Perhaps I'm being optimistic, but it's clear the 3DS isn't good enough for Monster Hunter. I love playing it on a handheld, the screen resolution just isn't good enough to display how beautiful those games are, though. I'd be down for MH5 as a 4DS XL launch title.

My ideal MH game is open world at 1080p 60fps, which is rather processing-intensive; that's why I thought 'PS4'.

And there is a MH mobile game, but Monster Hunter will never 'go mobile'. Capcom could stop making MH on dedicated gaming hardware, but they can not translate the gameplay of Monster Hunter to a touch screen. In that sense 'Monster Hunter' will never go mobile.

Edited on by Haru17

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic