Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 4,371

Blast

So.... voice acting....
I hope Elma has a sexy and confident voice.
Tatsu's voice needs to be goofy sounding but not annoying.
Lynlee = young girl voice.
There's alotta other characters but I don't remember their Japanese name.

I just hope the voice acting is superb and top notch. Thanks for Fire Emblem: Awakening and Kid Icarus: Uprising, I'm very hopeful that the English voice acting will be excellent.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

IceClimbers

Following the news of Zelda's delay, Game Informer did a poll asking readers what their most anticipated Wii U game coming this year is now. Here's the results:

Untitled

Xenoblade Chronicles X won by a fairly wide margin. Star Fox was runner up while Splatoon came in 3rd.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

crimsoncavalier

IceClimbers wrote:

Following the news of Zelda's delay, Game Informer did a poll asking readers what their most anticipated Wii U game coming this year is now. Here's the results:

Untitled

Xenoblade Chronicles X won by a fairly wide margin. Star Fox was runner up while Splatoon came in 3rd.

No surprise there. I'm sure based on what information was available at the time, X would have beaten out Zelda even if Zelda hadn't been delayed.

Being the spiritual successor of the best game in almost a decade gives you plenty of hype, IMO.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Haru17

Blast wrote:

Literally the only good thing is that more spotlight will be on XCX. But still... Alotta unnecessary pressure on XCX. XCX is becoming PS4's Bloodborne. Very niche and pressured to be even more amazing because another big game got delayed.

And that the delay will make a superior game to its un-delayed version, don't forget that part.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CaviarMeths

I don't think there's a whole lot of "pressure" on games not even releasing in the same calendar year. Sure, a lot of eyes were on From Software to release a great game, but that's only because of their reputation. DeS, DS, and DS2 are all among the most lauded action RPGs in the last decade. I don't think anyone was lighting a fire under them because of Uncharted.

I'm not even sure if we can call it niche anymore. Still early to call, but early chart reports seem to indicate that it's selling quite well. Better than DS2 anyway. Definitely going to sell better than The Order, and cinematic cover-based TPSs sure as hell aren't niche.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dezzy

Nothing hugely surprising about that graph. Except the fact that Star Fox is higher than Splatoon. We know nothing about Star Fox and from everything anyone's said who's previewed it, Splatoon is gonna be great.
Xenoblade definitely top though, I don't think there's any doubt about that. It's one of the most anticipated across all platforms. For me, maybe only FF15, MGS5, Witcher 3 and No Man's Sky compete in my mind.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

No Man's Sky: The only game that could potentially have more www (waiting while walking) than Xenoblade.

Edited on by Haru17

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

No Man's Sky: The only game that could potentially have more www (waiting while walking) than Xenoblade.

FF15 looks like it'll have a fair bit too. Fine with me, they all look interesting to walk around. As long as they all have some kinda fast-travel, it's all good. Preferably continuous in-game fast travel. Ships, cars and mechs are all good. I really hope FF15 has an airship though. So much more fun that clicking locations on a menu.

Edited on by Dezzy

CaviarMeths

I lost hours to "www" (new phrase to me) in XC and didn't even care. That's what happens when designers make every inch of their world new and exciting.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dezzy

Haru was doing the same until he ran into ecological inconsistencies

CaviarMeths

Do not question how the Bionis works. It just does.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Do not question how the Bionis works. It just does.

Bio : Life, Nis : Thing.

Anyway, I just find it ridiculous how people can be excited for No Man's Sky; a game that has done precisely 1% proving and 0% explaining itself. At least we know what we'd do after walking in Xenoblade or FF15, regardless of the qualms different groups may have with either combat style.

And walking can be used to great effect, like verisimilitude and, dare I say it, immersion in the Elder Scrolls games. I don't know what it'll do for a randomly generated, objective-light space game, though.

Henmii

That they didn't show it at the Direct gives me a feeling it has been delayed untill 2016. Maybe because of all the dialogue (its already or almost out in Japan if I am right).

Wich makes me think: What's their great Wii u holiday-title, if any? Maybe Starfox or the upcoming Retro studios project. But being Nintendo, it could just be Mario maker (hopefully I am wrong)!

Henmii

kkslider5552000

There's no reason for it to be delayed. It comes out in literal weeks in Japan. I'd be surprised if it doesn't come out this year.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

It's not like they wait until it's released in Japan to start working on the localization either. It's probably already a year in the making. It's possible that there's not a single line of English voice acting yet, but I imagine that most of the text is already translated.

Dezzy

Yeah this'll surely be coming out this year. I'm guessing they'll leave it as their holiday game as they really need something to capitalise on the biggest buying period of the year. Either this or Star Fox.

More video news on the way for this:
http://operationrainfall.com/2015/04/04/xenoblade-chronicles-...

CaviarMeths

Install size is pretty irrelevant since you'll need an external HDD if you want to go digital anyway.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic