Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 4,371

Dezzy

Hey, I've been purged of steak.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

crimsoncavalier

Dezzy wrote:

Hey, I've been purged of steak.

Why purge the world of steak? I love steak.

I think it's safe to say there are people who are already going to get this game regardless of any marketing. Those who played XBC are getting this game. Those who may be on the fence are maybe those who did not play XBC but have a Wii U. I think there is plenty of non-marketing hype already surrounding this game for some people to take a leap.

Then there are those who have never heard of either this nor of XBC, and it is those people that should be marketed. Throw some ads in magazines, some tv ads, etc.. Why not? Have a bit of gameplay footage, maybe a little bit of cutscene action. Maybe mention how it's from the makers of Xenoblade Chronicles, one of the best-regarded RPGs of all time.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

TheLilK98

So I went into gamestop about an hour ago to see if they knew anything about XCX pre orders. The guy said pre orders weren't open yet on Wii U but they are on 3DS. He kept repeating that 3DS pre orders were open until I explained to him that they were different games. He said he had no idea sigh Just nintendo's ace marketing again I guess.

Edited on by TheLilK98

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

shingi_70

I wouldn't blame the marketing because its been near non existent for a game that should be coming in the next nine months. It also doesn't help that

1. That the series is taking the Final Fantasy approach In its naming scheme but people didn't know what the OG Xenoblade game was. Having two games with similar names reusing in the same year for a pretty new IP can get confusing.

2. Nintendo's marketing has become weird due to the directs, we've seen marketing a big push for Halo and Uncharted since last year, however Codename steam and Splatoon really didn't get a major push until a month or two before they were out. Take Zelda any other company and we'd have more than two clips of the game by now.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

crimsoncavalier

shingi_70 wrote:

I wouldn't blame the marketing because its been near non existent for a game that should be coming in the next nine months. It also doesn't help that

1. That the series is taking the Final Fantasy approach In its naming scheme but people didn't know what the OG Xenoblade game was. Having two games with similar names reusing in the same year for a pretty new IP can get confusing.

2. Nintendo's marketing has become weird due to the directs, we've seen marketing a big push for Halo and Uncharted since last year, however Codename steam and Splatoon really didn't get a major push until a month or two before they were out. Take Zelda any other company and we'd have more than two clips of the game by now.

Well, that many people did not/do no know what the original game is, I don't think, is a matter of marketing. I think since it was never intended to come over, it wasn't marketed, and therefore, people didn't/don't know about it.

The name of the game still bugs me a bit in the same way the Wii U name bugged me. Either call it XBC2 or at least have a subtitle. I think calling it XBCX is silly. In marketing terms. The name itself doesn't bother me, but in marketing terms, it's a silly name.

crimsoncavalier

Dezzy

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Haha, MorphMarron edited my post cos I used a term which I assume was deemed un-Nintendoish. Although I am a pretty radical vegetarian so he was somewhat clairvoyant on that one.

crimsoncavalier

Dezzy wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Haha, MorphMarron edited my post cos I used a term which I assume was deemed un-Nintendoish. Although I am a pretty radical vegetarian so he was somewhat clairvoyant on that one.

I assumed that was the case.

So radical vegetarian? Seems extreme

crimsoncavalier

Haru17

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

So radical vegetarian? Seems extreme

Militant vegetarianism. It's srs bzns.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

Militant vegetarianism. It's srs bzns.

Ha! Well apparently militant atheism is a thing so why not. People love forgetting what words actually mean so they can borrow the emotional impact they've already assigned to them.

Blast

Ladies and gentlemen... I present to you the new big Wii U game for Holiday 2015... Xenoblade Chronicles X. Legend of Zelda U has been delayed. Everything rests on XCX's shoulders... An incredibly niche JRPG.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MsJubilee

Blast wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen... I present to you the new big Wii U game for Holiday 2015... Xenoblade Chronicles X. Legend of Zelda U has been delayed. Everything rests on XCX's shoulders... An incredibly niche JRPG.

Then Xenoblade Chronicles X get's delayed as well!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

kkslider5552000

I'm fine with this.

Honestly one of my first thoughts was "Well now this won't have to compete with Zelda". XD

JRPG sales being down outside of Japan I tend to blame on Japanese companies refusing to market them well, quite frankly. JRPGs usually sell well when people actually know they exist. Obviously there's no way this game will be anywhere NEAR as big as Zelda, but the biggest game in the world right now is Bloodbourne and Xenoblade is intentionally trying to be Japanese Skyrim.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TuVictus

All I hope is that this game is not pushed back just to take Zelda's place as a holiday game. I mean it releases next month in Japan. Having to wait until November for it would be harsh

TuVictus

cookiex

Untitled

Where one shall fall...

Untitled

...Another shall rise

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

crimsoncavalier

Operative wrote:

All I hope is that this game is not pushed back just to take Zelda's place as a holiday game. I mean it releases next month in Japan. Having to wait until November for it would be harsh

I can only think they will push it back for them to have a major holiday release in NA.

crimsoncavalier

Ralizah

Blast wrote:

If it could only be one or the other, I'd rather have XCX first anyway.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

crimsoncavalier

Ralizah wrote:

Blast wrote:

If it could only be one or the other, I'd rather have XCX first anyway.

Same. I'm looking forward to X more than Zelda, and it isn't just because we know nothing of Zelda.

crimsoncavalier

Blast

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

Where one shall fall...

Untitled

...Another shall rise

Pretty much, man.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Literally the only good thing is that more spotlight will be on XCX. But still... Alotta unnecessary pressure on XCX. XCX is becoming PS4's Bloodborne. Very niche and pressured to be even more amazing because another big game got delayed.

Master of the Hype Train

crimsoncavalier

Blast wrote:

Literally the only good thing is that more spotlight will be on XCX. But still... Alotta unnecessary pressure on XCX. XCX is becoming PS4's Bloodborne. Very niche and pressured to be even more amazing because another big game got delayed.

Not literally ... another good thing is that the game will be finished instead of released prematurely. We don't want one of these situations with Zelda

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/acu-640...

crimsoncavalier

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic