Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 4,371

IceClimbers

@shingi_70 Persona 5 wants a word with you

Overall a great year for RPGs. If Bravely Second somehow comes overseas this year, that'd also be great.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

shingi_70

@IceClimbers

I forgot about Persona 5, but is it coming out this year in the west.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CaviarMeths

shingi_70 wrote:

I forgot about Persona 5, but is it coming out this year in the west.

Atlus is claiming a 2015 release worldwide.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

TheLilK98 wrote:

I can't help but notice that this thread is most active when it talks about other games...

That's what happens when a developer is more interested in actually making their game instead of talking about it.

I've been somewhat avoiding the recent Japanese direct things about the game because I want to go into it knowing relatively little.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

TheLilK98 wrote:

I can't help but notice that this thread is most active when it talks about other games...

I'm a JRPG fan. JRPGs are my favorite genre and I love talking about them. XCX is my most anticipated and we really won't hear anything huge until E3.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Haru17

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

There's nothing "scientific" about emotions or human behavior?

Way off topic, but no. We try to quantify emotion and human behavior, but by its very nature, it is unquantifiable. You can't measure "anger" or "joy" or "lust". Every single event in an individual's life will affect the way that person behaves and 100 people will have 100 different reactions to the same event.

No, by the very nature of reality everything is quantifiable. Everything is governed by the true, not completely known, laws of physics. Current human attempts at quantification may be futile, but there are molecules, and chemical in the brain that govern emotion. Studies I've seen have shown that there is a correlation between heat and anger. Also, there is a correlation between lead poisoning and crime rates, which is basically all I need to know that we are finite and malleable beings.

In any case, I quite enjoy when RPGs play with the concept of sentient humanoids being physical, not superhuman, and affected by their environment. Like red lyrium in Dragon Age or -spoilers- in Xenoblade (or really anything in Attack on Titan). It goes a long way towards adding stakes to the situation, to know that the characters you care about can die so horribly, so easily.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

No, by the very nature of reality everything is quantifiable. Everything is governed by the true, not completely known, laws of physics.

Please quantify and describe the rules of chess in terms of physics! They definitely exist.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

OmegaMetroid93

So this thread basically derailed into "HOW DARE U NOT LIKE DIS GAME THAT I LIEK!!1!!!!!1!!11!!", did it?
Fun times.
Isn't there a Xenoblade-thread for nonsense like this?
Let people like and dislike what they want. There's no reason to start a war over it. It's not like Haru was being obnoxious about it anyway, until you guys started protesting like mad.

Have we even talked about the new updates yet? It's not a huge deal, but they uploaded some info about unique monsters, including a short video as well as well as part two of a short story from before.
As well as some new gallery artwork.

Oh, and did you guys notice you can change the top image on the main site by clicking the arrows to the left and right?

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

MsJubilee

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

So this thread basically derailed into "HOW DARE U NOT LIKE DIS GAME THAT I LIEK!!1!!!!!1!!11!!", did it?
Fun times.

I'm wondering how this thread turn into this?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Blast

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Fun times.
Let people like and dislike what they want. There's no reason to start a war over it. It's not like Haru was being obnoxious about it anyway, until you guys started protesting like mad.

Have we even talked about the new updates yet? It's not a huge deal, but they uploaded some info about unique monsters, including a short video as well as well as part two of a short story from before.
As well as some new gallery artwork.

Oh, and did you guys notice you can change the top image on the main site by clicking the arrows to the left and right?

Lol do we really need more proof that this game will be awesome? I want a release date and a demo.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

triforcepower73

[youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYBrs_vBOyw] I'm liking the intensity of this cutscene and the overed theme near the end!

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

OmegaMetroid93

That video didn't work.
Here's the subbed version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnauc1GMMaU

I'm getting too used to the japanese voices.. This isn't good.. XD
I'm afraid that I'll not like the dub as much if I get too used to hearing the characters with their japanese voices.
Let's hope the dub is quality. I'm sure we'll hear some at E3 this year, which isn't very far away at all, by the way!

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

No, by the very nature of reality everything is quantifiable. Everything is governed by the true, not completely known, laws of physics.

Please quantify and describe the rules of chess in terms of physics! They definitely exist.

Memories that reside in multiple human's memories and in several written records, nothing more, nothing less.

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

Memories that reside in multiple human's memories and in several written records, nothing more, nothing less.

Ah but that isn't the rules themselves. That's the collective representation of them. Each of those things (written records, digital records, memory imprints in brains etc) is very different when described in terms of physics yet we think of the rules as being 1 single concept. So how could physics describe that single concept? I don't think it could in anything resembling first principles. It only could if you already had the notion of the laws and you deliberately define this group of phenomena to fit with you preexisting conception.
Words are another similar example. A word isn't a noise or a pattern of lines on a page. Those are representations of the word. But the word itself is a concept.

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Ah but that isn't the rules themselves. That's the collective representation of them. Each of those things (written records, digital records, memory imprints in brains etc) is very different when described in terms of physics yet we think of the rules as being 1 single concept. So how could physics describe that single concept? I don't think it could in anything resembling first principles. It only could if you already had the notion of the laws and you deliberately define this group of phenomena to fit with you preexisting conception.
Words are another similar example. A word isn't a noise or a pattern of lines on a page. Those are representations of the word. But the word itself is a concept.

All of reality is subjective to some extent. Words only have meaning to us. Their concepts are either based on the natural world or meaning humans, well, made up (derived from the natural world). That's my world view anyway. We should probably stop talking philosophy here, though.

CaviarMeths

I seem to have stumbled into the PHIL 110 message board.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dezzy

CaviarMeths wrote:

It's just a part of a conspiracy we're running to keep Xenoblade X at the top of the message board.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

This is what Nintendo does. It's their fault for not showing more of their games (granted, I quite appreciate their not spoiling the first 1/2 to 3/4 of the story for their titles). Anyway, philosophy is interesting ;/

Edited on by Haru17

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

This is what Nintendo does. It's their fault for not showing more of their games (granted, I quite appreciate their not spoiling the first 1/2 to 3/4 of the story for their titles). Anyway, philosophy is interesting ;/

Japanese coverage has actually been pretty extensive. There's a thread on NeoGAF that I've been keeping up with, but it is a little spoilery. Couple hours worth of reading anyway, plus fully subbed videos of the Japanese Directs.

Clicky for the updates thread.
The Direct videos also have their own threads (1 2) with interesting discussions of their own.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic