Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 4,371

triforcepower73

Grrr I have to wait till my family gets back from St. Augustine to watch it! Nooo...

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Grawbad

triforcepower73 wrote:

Grrr I have to wait till my family gets back from St. Augustine to watch it! Nooo...

Why?

Its a great video. Man, so much armor customization.

This game is gonna rock.

Edited on by Grawbad

Grawbad

Haru17

Blast wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

I've been seeing people say XCX might win GOTY or best JRPG this gen but....but.... If Bayonetta 2 can lose GOTY to a game like Shadow of Mordor and not even gain awards for stuff it deserves then I don't see XCX winning much either. Which is fine... to an extent. Oh, well. Haha its whatever.

Don't assume that western games are all trash; they're mostly trash, but then again, so are Japanese games. The best of the best are still great regardless and among them it's mostly a contest of personal preference.

There's a lot of Western games I love. Shadow of Mordor just doesn't deserve all the praise it got, in my opinion.

I feel that way about XC, but I don't go around calling it undeserving. People have different tastes. There's no sense in getting upset over game of the year, as it's just a court of opinion.

Also consider that many JRPGs like Xeno-etc will use Japanese tropes and sensibilities that won't appeal to western media as much as they would Japanese press. That's why Zelda is more popular here than over there; because of its European medieval-leaning fantasy.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dreamsleep

ricklongo wrote:

Can't wait to get home and watch the video. I don't think my hype for this game could get any higher, but hey, I'd love to be proven wrong.

I said the same thing...until I watched. Crazy weapons, love the assault rifles, and gunblades....crazy sentry probe/satellite thingies...oh my...so good. Environments and creatures are off the charts good! Armor customisation is nuts!!

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Blast

Dreamsleep wrote:

ricklongo wrote:

Can't wait to get home and watch the video. I don't think my hype for this game could get any higher, but hey, I'd love to be proven wrong.

I said the same thing...until I watched. Crazy weapons, love the assault rifles, and gunblades....crazy sentry probe/satellite thingies...oh my...so good. Environments and creatures are off the charts good! Armor customisation is nuts!!

Don't forget the amazing sad music towards the end! Ohmygawd!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CaviarMeths

Faces look better. Not sure how I feel about the music. Combat looks fantastic, and I love all the tech on display. It's refreshing to see a sci-fi setting actually have some application of the futuristic tech, beyond "laser guns" and "hyperspeed."

This is interesting too. Check out this gif:

Untitled

That's motion blur in the foreground, right in the gameplay itself, and it's pretty amazing.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

Tops wrote:

I love Elma. She's so cool.

Untitled

Heck yeah. Cool image

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

Faces look better. Not sure how I feel about the music. Combat looks fantastic, and I love all the tech on display. It's refreshing to see a sci-fi setting actually have some application of the futuristic tech, beyond "laser guns" and "hyperspeed."

Untitled

That's motion blur in the foreground, right in the gameplay itself, and it's pretty amazing.

XCX gifs are always so cool and epic.

Master of the Hype Train

Dezzy

CaviarMeths wrote:

Where else would motion blur be but in the gameplay?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TheLilK98

CaviarMeths wrote:

Untitled

Yeah, it's pretty cool. I noticed it during e3 last year...actually that was two years ago now, time really flies. I'll see if I can find the GIF. EDIT: I found it, but my phone's browser is being stupid. It was a doll transforming into a tank. It's probably in this thread somewhere too.

Edited on by TheLilK98

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

triforcepower73

Two new tracks of music were released!!!

Presumably the lower level enemies battle theme for the first area:

And the epic track from the E3 2014 trailer:

What do you guys think?

Edited on by triforcepower73

TheMONADO36

triforcepower73 wrote:

What do you guys think?

Very impressed. I said during the second direct's live discussion that I was blown away by the soundtrack so far. I'll be buying it unless they really mess it up by doing something really crazy like a Justin Bieber face Mechon dancing around in the cutscenes singing the theme song.

TheMONADO36

3DS Friend Code: 1306-8212-3438 | Nintendo Network ID: TheMONADO36

19Robb92

triforcepower73 wrote:

What do you guys think?

Sounds unfitting, unmemorable and very generic to me. Humongous step back from XBC (thus far) in my opinion.

I'll reserve my judgment to the full OST, but I haven't heard a single track I've liked yet. Which sucks big time.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

triforcepower73

Yep as I expected. There seems to be no in between for people on the soundtrack. Well, in particular the battle theme for the first area. Everyone I've shown it to has either loved it or hated it haha.

@19Robb92 I personally think it's a step forward from XC. While I loved the soundtrack from that game, it was just like many other JRPGs. The music was fitting definitely, and about 20% of it was memorable, but probably the thing I didn't like the most was how many composers there were. For most people, that's a big plus. But when I go to youtube and listen to a playlist of the whole soundtrack, it doesn't seem like a continuous, flowing soundtrack from one game, but a bunch of different tracks from multiple games. What I mean is that the only instance of a recurring theme is the main theme being used in the Prologue B track and the track that plays when Shulk and 7 meet halfway through the game. And that can't be helped, as there were 6 different composers with different styles and musical backgrounds thrown into the project together. And I don't think that they really interacted with each other much, but rather were assigned certain tracks of the game to work on.

For me, a very important part of a soundtrack is having recurring themes, and intertwining different melodies into various tracks. That's why the Twilight Princess soundtrack is one of my favorites ever. And that's why I have high hopes for this soundtrack, since we only know of one person who is composing for the entire OST. And this person has a very good history of being able to put little doses of his melodies into many different tracks and spread out a bunch of motifs throughout his soundtracks.

Edited on by triforcepower73

iKhan

I thought I'd have to avoid spoilers for this game, but Takahashi is giving so much info that it's overbearing to follow anyway.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Ryno

triforcepower73 wrote:

What do you guys think?

Xenoblade Chronicles soundtrack was amazing (I have the 4 cd set from Japan), this new stuff not so much...

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

triforcepower73 wrote:

.@19Robb92 I personally think it's a step forward from XC. While I loved the soundtrack from that game, it was just like many other JRPGs. The music was fitting definitely, and about 20% of it was memorable, but probably the thing I didn't like the most was how many composers there were. For most people, that's a big plus. But when I go to youtube and listen to a playlist of the whole soundtrack, it doesn't seem like a continuous, flowing soundtrack from one game, but a bunch of different tracks from multiple games. What I mean is that the only instance of a recurring theme is the main theme being used in the Prologue B track and the track that plays when Shulk and 7 meet halfway through the game.And that can't be helped, as there were 6 different composers with different styles and musical backgrounds thrown into the project together. And I don't think that they really interacted with each other much, but rather were assigned certain tracks of the game to work on.

For me, a very important part of a soundtrack is having recurring themes, and intertwining different melodies into various tracks. That's why the Twilight Princess soundtrack is one of my favorites ever. And that's why I have high hopes for this soundtrack, since we only know of one person who is composing for the entire OST. And this person has a very good history of being able to put little doses of his melodies into many different tracks and spread out a bunch of motifs throughout his soundtracks.

I like the 2 unique styles of music from the Xenoblade soundtrack. It matched up with the Mechanical and Biological life forms very well. I would rather have unique songs to carry the different moods throughout the game than relying on a remixed theme. Colony 6 was enough of remixed theme for me.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

CaviarMeths

Dezzy wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Where else would motion blur be but in the gameplay?

Pre-baked/cinematics. I love how it's an actual physical mechanic done in engine.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic