Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 181 to 200 of 4,371

kkslider5552000

Phatosaurus wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Monaloft doesn't own my soul. X looks as appealing as an ooze infested sewer rat sh**.
I would only play it just to soar through the sky in my friendly neighbourhood Robo mech suit.

Nah, whoknows....I may be suprised. it's pretter low on my radical Radar, but like Bayonetta 2 i'm willing to give it a chance..

Edit: Wait a minute? It's an RPG....Gotta run! eek!

You don't like RPGs? RPG wise, it's looking to be one of the best. The best, IMO.

Darks Souls II already has that crown waiting for it upon release.

It's a worthy rival I'm sure but everything I've read suggests it's just about the quality of Dark Souls where as X has the potential to be even better than Xenoblade (which is simultaneously insane and yet very believable).

Also, I won't have to deal with an incredibly smug fanbase with X,

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

kkslider5552000

TheLilK98 wrote:

Also, I know it was a while ago, but why the Watch Dogs comparison in the OP? especially since we're getting it too.

Because it's the open world game that makes people go nuts at how cool it is. Also helps that they are the first 2 games showed that I could fully buy as next gen (no offense Pikmin 3).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheLilK98

kkslider5552000 wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Also, I know it was a while ago, but why the Watch Dogs comparison in the OP? especially since we're getting it too.

Because it's the open world game that makes people go nuts at how cool it is.

True. Oh, and I did some research and from what I gather monolith is localizing and developing simultaneously correct?

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Metaknight_3Raw

I really can't wait for this, I know pretty much nothing but I still want it more than Mario Kart/SSB/Mario 3D. It's just great to have something new and with a vastly different look from the bright cute Nintendo games.

Edited on by Metaknight_3Raw

Metaknight_3Raw

Phatosaurus

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Monaloft doesn't own my soul. X looks as appealing as an ooze infested sewer rat sh**.
I would only play it just to soar through the sky in my friendly neighbourhood Robo mech suit.

Nah, whoknows....I may be suprised. it's pretter low on my radical Radar, but like Bayonetta 2 i'm willing to give it a chance..

Edit: Wait a minute? It's an RPG....Gotta run! eek!

You don't like RPGs? RPG wise, it's looking to be one of the best. The best, IMO.

Darks Souls II already has that crown waiting for it upon release.

It's a worthy rival I'm sure but everything I've read suggests it's just about the quality of Dark Souls where as X has the potential to be even better than Xenoblade (which is simultaneously insane and yet very believable).

Also, I won't have to deal with an incredibly smug fanbase with X,

Xenoblade is very nice and I'm yet to finish it, but Dark Souls already tops it for me in every regard except for the soundtrack.
The Xenoblade soundtrack is top tier stuff. There's only really 2 tracks off the Dark Souls OST that I can listen to outside of playing the game whereas Xenoblade's OST is something I could listen to all Sunday morning.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

Phatosaurus

swordx wrote:

@Phatosaurus Where are you ATM in Xenoblade?

About 20 hours in. Just passed through the Makna Forest.

ednice

This is the most hyped I've ever been for ANY game

ednice

Nintendo Network ID: ednice

shingi_70

In all honesty you can't compare this to Dark Souls II. I think its best to only compare it to next gen rpgs. So far its a high contender.

X
Untitled

Final Fantasy XV
Untitled

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Untitled

Dragon Age 3: Inquisition
Untitled

Lord of the Fallen
Untitled

Thought more next gen rpgs would have been announced so far(Would have put Fable Legends but that doesn't look like a traditional rpg) . I also wonder if EA will screw over Xbo/ps4 guys by just releasing Dragon Age 3.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

swordx

Phatosaurus wrote:

swordx wrote:

lol You're not evn half way. Prison Island is halfway, and the story starts moving there. I can assure you that the game will only get better. Don't say the other game is better just yet.

swordx

Ryno

Nintendo should have just had Tetsuya Takahashi appear on stage at Gamescon with a new 1 minute trailer of X and after it was over drop the mic and leave. That's it, nothing more would have been needed from Nintendo.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Sleepingmudkip

I want a X cross Zelda cross Fire emblem cross shin megami tensei and it will rock the world of rpg.Untitled

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Phatosaurus

swordx wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

swordx wrote:

lol You're not evn half way. Prison Island is halfway, and the story starts moving there. I can assure you that the game will only get better. Don't say the other game is better just yet.

Does the combat system see a total overhaul in next 60 hours of gameplay? If not, I doubt i'll like it more than Dark Souls.

Also, I agree with @Sony_70. Xenoblade and Dark Souls might both be RPGs made in Japan, but that's where their similarities end.

swordx

Phatosaurus wrote:

swordx wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

swordx wrote:

Does the combat system see a total overhaul in next 60 hours of gameplay? If not, I doubt i'll like it more than Dark Souls.

Also, I agree with @Sony_70. Xenoblade and Dark Souls might both be RPGs made in Japan, but that's where their similarities end.

If you trul have issues with the combat, why not switch chsracters around?

swordx

Phatosaurus

swordx wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

swordx wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

swordx wrote:

Switching the characters doesn't change the core combat mechanics.
Not that they're especially bad, or bad at all really, I just find it unfavourable. I prefer real time combat, or genuine turn-based combat. Xeno has a weird mix of the two and I feel it lacks some refinement.

X will hopefully rectify that.

TheLilK98

Phatosaurus wrote:

swordx wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

swordx wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

swordx wrote:

Switching the characters doesn't change the core combat mechanics.
Not that they're especially bad, or bad at all really, I just find it unfavourable. I prefer real time combat, or genuine turn-based combat. Xeno has a weird mix of the two and I feel it lacks some refinement.

X will hopefully rectify that.

X's combat seems a lot like monster hunter, minus all the exaggerated animations.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Snagrio

feline2 wrote:

I want a X cross Zelda cross Fire emblem cross shin megami tensei and it will rock the world of rpg.Untitled

There's no way the world would be able to handle that.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Snagrio

@TheLilK98 Erm, wouldn't it make sense to bump this thread when there is more news to discuss about it? Just saying...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic