Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 4,371

CaviarMeths

Dezzy wrote:

They're really going all out in creating hype for these 2 xeno games. I still don't know what xeno means.

Foreign. Xenophobia = fear of foreigners.

The Xenomorph from the Alien franchise means "alien lifeform."

I'm assuming Xenoblade is supposed to mean "blade of unknown origin."

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

They're really going all out in creating hype for these 2 xeno games. I still don't know what xeno means.

Having finished the game, I don't think 'xeno' is referring to the blade / Monado. The games has themes of opposite sides relating to one another, and is in the xeno series. This game had a sword that was important to the plot, so I think they just slapped them together and added 'chronicles' onto the end.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Having finished the game, I don't think 'xeno' is referring to the blade / Monado. The games has themes of opposite sides relating to one another, and is in the xeno series. This game had a sword that was important to the plot, so I think they just slapped them together and added 'chronicles' onto the end.

Actually wasn't the game just called xenoblade at the last minute? I definitely read that. I think it was called Monado or something originally and then they just chose to strap that series prefix to it. And then this game is just called xenoblade cos they want to ride the reputation of the last one I guess. So it means nothing!!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

shingi_70

sounds like a reasonable date, it gives Nintendo a nice lengthy game to put out for the summer, and stops them from over stuffing Q3/Q4 with games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

IceClimbers

While it's a reasonable date, I don't think it's real. They have Zelda listed for the same day.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TheLilK98

Dezzy wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Actually wasn't the game just called xenoblade at the last minute? I definitely read that. I think it was called Monado or something originally and then they just chose to strap that series prefix to it. And then this game is just called xenoblade cos they want to ride the reputation of the last one I guess. So it means nothing!!

Yeah, it was called Monado: Beginning of the World during development. I heard somewhere that they named it Xenoblade, switched to Monado, then switched back, but I can't confirm that. It still shared a lot of themes with Xenogears/saga though.
As for the presentation, I'll wait for a translation.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Blast

June... 26th? Just a while after E3? Ummm... I don't believe it.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

June... 26th? Just a while after E3? Ummm... I don't believe it.

Most games around that time try to release before or After E3. Before as to maximize sales and tout it selling weel, and after as too put the game in front of peoples eyes as soon as possible. If anything I'd say the date is suspect due it it being a month after splatoon and Nintendo only does monthly big release in the fall.

June/July/August is the sweet spot for release.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Haru17

What is it with Italy and leaking release dates these days? Is it some sort of tradition? (I swear I'm not racist)

And while June / July release dates may work for games like The Last of Us, very few games enjoy quality and popularity on that level. If XCX releases in E3 month I can't see it not being overlooked by the general gaming audience in the churning sea of hype, especially as a Wii U exclusive. That release date would only make sense if they were aiming to only sell the game to the current Wii U owners that would be interested in a JRPG like it.

Edited on by Haru17

CaviarMeths

I'm actually a little worried about Nintendo pulling their patented total misunderstanding of the market (see also: Donkey Kong at Spike Game Awards). Xenoblade is a big JRPG release, one of the biggest of the generation, but nobody at E3 is really going to care about it. They'd probably have more luck marketing it at smaller events like PAX.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

jariw

CaviarMeths wrote:

I'm actually a little worried about Nintendo pulling their patented total misunderstanding of the market (see also: Donkey Kong at Spike Game Awards).

And the 2014 E3 Digital Event?

jariw

CaviarMeths

jariw wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

I'm actually a little worried about Nintendo pulling their patented total misunderstanding of the market (see also: Donkey Kong at Spike Game Awards).

And the 2014 E3 Digital Event?

Loved it. That, and the Treehouse coverage for the whole week, made Nintendo's E3 2014 one of my favorites ever.

And it sold like 12 consoles, so I guess I'm weird.

IceClimbers

@Haru17 It will only sell to Wii U owners in the fall. Probably less of them too. It will be buried in the fall and the holiday season. There's no major releases at the end of June, meaning there's no competition, and it will stick out. The date is likely false anyways since they also have Zelda U listed for the same date.

@CaviarMeths Not true. It got plenty of attention and people caring about it at last year's E3, and that's with Smash Bros cannibalizing all of the hype Nintendo had from other games.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

What is it with Italy and leaking release dates these days? Is it some sort of tradition? (I swear I'm not racist)

They don't really queue in Italy (or 'line' if you're american). If you go into a McDonalds or something in Rome, it's just an absolute mess of people scrambling for the front.
Maybe this is the digital version of that!

Haru17

IceClimbers wrote:

@Haru17 It will only sell to Wii U owners in the fall. Probably less of them too. It will be buried in the fall and the holiday season. There's no major releases at the end of June, meaning there's no competition, and it will stick out. The date is likely false anyways since they also have Zelda U listed for the same date.

@CaviarMeths Not true. It got plenty of attention and people caring about it at last year's E3, and that's with Smash Bros cannibalizing all of the hype Nintendo had from other games.

People got really excited about Wii U, but practically none of them bought one; thus illustrating the concept of a free rider benefit.

Kuhang

IceClimbers wrote:

Intresting enough now if you check Amazon Italy it has moved the Zelda release date to 31st December, while the Date for Xenoblade Chronicles X remains the same, that is June 26.

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

Grumblevolcano

Haru17 wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

People got really excited about Wii U, but practically none of them bought one; thus illustrating the concept of a free rider benefit.

Really the problem was the huge game drought between Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors (if you didn't care about Hyrule Warriors or Bayonetta 2 then that drought increased to a whole 6 months).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jariw

Haru17 wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

What facts do you base that on? Since E3 2014 (and MK8 release), the sales has increased substantially for both US and PAL regions, compared to similar time periods the year before. The sales in Japan have decreased, however.

jariw

Dezzy

jariw wrote:

What facts do you base that on? Since E3 2014 (and MK8 release), the sales has increased substantially for both US and PAL regions, compared to similar time periods the year before. The sales in Japan have decreased, however.

I only just realised that Japan hardly bought the original Wii as well. I guess Nintendo had already lost that market.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic