Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 4,371

ricklongo

I'm not really big on minigames on my big open-world titles. I didn't care at all about those augmented reality games on Watch Dogs, or the checkers / chess / etc tables on Black Flag. Frankly, I'd rather they focus on making the adventure itself as impeccable as possible.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

Dezzy

ricklongo wrote:

I'm not really big on minigames on my big open-world titles. I didn't care at all about those augmented reality games on Watch Dogs, or the checkers / chess / etc tables on Black Flag. Frankly, I'd rather they focus on making the adventure itself as impeccable as possible.

Surely it just depends on what minigame is. As far as I'm concerned, every single RPG ever made should have Triple Triad attached to it.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ryno

bezerker99 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

Can XCX be preordered anywhere yet in North America???

It's on Canadian Amazon. Probably American too.

Edit: Yup. Note that Dec 31 is just a placeholder date though.

Thanks! I was asking for a friend so I will let him know.

I'm waiting for a limited edition, because there WILL be a limited collector's edition!!!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

CaviarMeths

Heh... speaking of limited edition...

Behold, the Japanese bundle. It's a standard Deluxe bundle, comes with the game, the black 32GB Wii U, the charging cradle, the stand, etc. But that box art is giving me the bedroom eyes, damn.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

Heh... speaking of limited edition...

Behold, the Japanese bundle. It's a standard Deluxe bundle, comes with the game, the black 32GB Wii U, the charging cradle, the stand, etc. But that box art is giving me the bedroom eyes, damn.

Wow... Gorgeous.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

erv

That is one awesome bundle. I wonder if this is the sort of thing nintendo will try to launch in the west.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

CaviarMeths

Tops wrote:

erv wrote:

That is one awesome bundle. I wonder if this is the sort of thing nintendo will try to launch in the west.

Only as a Nintendo World Store exclusive :/

For the good of humankind, someone should burn the Nintendo World Store to the ground.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Ungravitify

Im going digital for this game but I would LOVE to be able to find a poster with that image.

3ds Friend code : 1504 6894 9383
Name: Rave

Dezzy

I'd like them to explain to me how come the vast majority of Mira is mountainous and hilly yet the Ark ship managed to land on a nice flat bit.

How do people think this game will do with the critics? You think it'll be as critically acclaimed as Xenoblade? Xenoblade is sitting at 92 on metacritic. That's insanely good. The only JRPGs that have done better that I know of are Persona 4 Golden, Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy 9.

Edited on by Dezzy

19Robb92

Dezzy wrote:

I'd like them to explain to me how come the vast majority of Mira is mountainous and hilly yet the Ark ship managed to land on a nice flat bit.

It didn't, you can see big chunks of the land being plowed down by the ship as it crashes.
Untitled

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Blast

Dezzy wrote:

How do people think this game will do with the critics? You think it'll be as critically acclaimed as Xenoblade? Xenoblade is sitting at 92 on metacritic. That's insanely good. The only JRPGs that have done better that I know of are Persona 4 Golden, Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy 9.

It won't get super negative reviews but I bet people will trash it for some reason. But... I do expect alotta praise.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dezzy

19Robb92 wrote:

It didn't, you can see big chunks of the land being plowed down by the ship as it crashes.
Untitled

Yet when it's finally landed, it happens to be flat! They're lucky their entire city isn't on a 10 degree angle or something. You've gotta be pretty level to fill those swimming pools! Lol.
Although granted maybe they're one step ahead of me and the entire inner section is mounted on a set of joints that adjust based on the gravity. And yes, there is a name for that but I can't remember what it is.

Edited on by Dezzy

TheLilK98

Dezzy wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

Untitled

Yet when it's finally landed, it happens to be flat! They're lucky their entire city isn't on a 10 degree angle or something. You've gotta be pretty level to fill those swimming pools! Lol.
Although granted maybe they're one step ahead of me and the entire inner section is mounted on a set of joints that adjust based on the gravity. And yes, there is a name for that but I can't remember what it is.

Hydraulics?

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Dezzy

Tops wrote:

Okay, curiosity got the better of me. Here's a video about gyroscopes and how they can be used for aircraft navigation and stability. Still not sure if it's exactly the same as what @Dezzy is trying to think of but if you look at how it remains stable in the rotating airplane (at 3:30), that's what I was getting at.
*skip to 2:50 for the relevant info.
I hope someone finds this interesting besides me.

Yep, that's what I was thinking of. I think something similar is used with aircraft carriers so all of the aircraft don't just fall off if they hit waves.
They also use a slightly similar idea when building underground tunnels because it's one of the only forms of measurement that works deep underground in the dark.

Edited on by Dezzy

shingi_70

So how does the games multiplayer work?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

19Robb92

shingi_70 wrote:

So how does the games multiplayer work?

Siliconera wrote:

Monolith Soft have made it so up to four players will be able to undertake quests together; however, they’ve also added a feature whereby up to 32 players will be able to exchange information and trade items with one another.

Source

Dezzy

They're really going all out in creating hype for these 2 xeno games. I still don't know what xeno means.

19Robb92

Dezzy wrote:

They're really going all out in creating hype for these 2 xeno games. I still don't know what xeno means.

"Xeno-" is Greek and is most commonly translated to “alien”, "foreign" or “strange”.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic