Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 4,371

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

It's a Japanese game. There's always a booby edit for character customization in Japanese games. Japan is still under the impression that only boys play games, and well to be fair, I guess Nintendo's eShop data that they released last year supports that impression.

90% of Wii U owners online.
70% have used the eShop.
93% of eShop users are male.

And let's be honest here, the booby edit isn't just for men. Women are going to want to edit the boobs too.

Exactly!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Ryno

With all the booby, butt, and crotch talk you guys have been discussing about this game lately you would think this game is titled Xenoblade Chronicles XXX.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

cookiex

Ryno wrote:

With all the booby, butt, and crotch talk you guys have been discussing about this game lately you would think this game is titled Xenoblade Chronicles XXX.

Xenobutt Crotchicles X

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

ThatNyteDaez

Blast wrote:

Sparx wrote:

Wonder if the character builder has all the settings needed to remake Shulk, Reyn, Dunban, Mario, Luigi, ect

Maybe.... Amiibo might have a hand in that.

I'm really hoping they have the Amiibo implimented. Wouldn't it be cool to see like, Link, Mario, Pikachu and Kirby as party members fighting alongside you for your quests? It would be so awesome! Unlikely, but still awesome!

Never take anything I say seriously. S'all you buddy. ;)
Mainly play on my Switch but I have 3DS, Wii U and PS4 as well.
Fave game series include: Pokemon, Smash Bros, Splatoon, Disgaea, Bayonetta, Dragons Dogma, Phantasy Star & Arena of Valor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1089-6841-7799 | 3DS Friend Code: 5455-9887-9271 | My Nintendo: ThatNyteDaez | Nintendo Network ID: Rhydas | Twitter:

Blast

Rhydas wrote:

Blast wrote:

Sparx wrote:

Wonder if the character builder has all the settings needed to remake Shulk, Reyn, Dunban, Mario, Luigi, ect

Maybe.... Amiibo might have a hand in that.

I'm really hoping they have the Amiibo implimented. Wouldn't it be cool to see like, Link, Mario, Pikachu and Kirby as party members fighting alongside you for your quests? It would be so awesome! Unlikely, but still awesome!

Wow... Now THAT is a good idea.

Master of the Hype Train

whodatninja

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Sorry to dial the discussion back, but is anyone else a little disappointed there's a booby edit but no related sexuality edit for the guys? I mean, boobs aren't solely a sexual thing, as some people pointed out earlier, and a bulge edit would serve hardly any purpose other than over the top sex (saints row), but maybe an overall muscle edit or something to alter your guy's body type.

Really, it should be applied to both sexes.
Dunno, just thoughts for discussion.

I seriously wouldn't mind a bulge or just a "hunk" editor

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

VoodooTrumpet

Target wrote:

ships on or near 05.31.15

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

CaviarMeths

DiscoGentleman wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

And let's be honest here, the booby edit isn't just for men. Women are going to want to edit the boobs too.

I'm pretty sure nobody but you said that it'd be just for men.
I think we're all aware that women who like women exist.

That's not what I meant. Even perfectly straight women are probably going to tinker with the booby edit, because you know, it actually has a significant impact on the body shape. A bulge edit for male characters wouldn't serve much purpose beyond a quick giggle for everyone involved, but a chest editor would actually get used by most people.

I don't know if there is a male equivalent, though both genders should also have a muscle tone editor.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

DiscoGentleman wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

I'm pretty sure nobody but you said that it'd be just for men.
I think we're all aware that women who like women exist.

That's not what I meant. Even perfectly straight women are probably going to tinker with the booby edit, because you know, it actually has a significant impact on the body shape. A bulge edit for male characters wouldn't serve much purpose beyond a quick giggle for everyone involved, but a chest editor would actually get used by most people.

I don't know if there is a male equivalent, though both genders should also have a muscle tone editor.

I agree fully with @CaviarMeths

Master of the Hype Train

Dreamsleep

whodatninja wrote:

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Sorry to dial the discussion back, but is anyone else a little disappointed there's a booby edit but no related sexuality edit for the guys? I mean, boobs aren't solely a sexual thing, as some people pointed out earlier, and a bulge edit would serve hardly any purpose other than over the top sex (saints row), but maybe an overall muscle edit or something to alter your guy's body type.

Really, it should be applied to both sexes.
Dunno, just thoughts for discussion.

I seriously wouldn't mind a bulge or just a "hunk" editor

That would be funny if they had presets with labels...would probably cause an uproar, though.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

OmegaMetroid93

I was going to make a post, but then CaviarMeths pretty much summed up exactly what I wanted to say.
I'm afraid there really isn't a male equivalent to a boob-slider. And honestly, does it really matter?

I find it funny how with aaaall the new info coming out, the one thing that sparks discussion is a boob-slider. A very miniscule detail in a very small portion of the game. lol

OmegaMetroid93

Haru17

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

I was going to make a post, but then CaviarMeths pretty much summed up exactly what I wanted to say.
I'm afraid there really isn't a male equivalent to a boob-slider. And honestly, does it really matter?

I find it funny how with aaaall the new info coming out, the one thing that sparks discussion is a boob-slider. A very miniscule detail in a very small portion of the game. lol

If you don't understand why the boob slider sparked controversy then welcome to planet earth, I hope you come in peace.

Anyway, It might make it a bit more equitable if there was some sort of equivalent pandering to the ladies. Speaking as a man, I don't know exactly what that would be. Muscly arm slider?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

It's a Japanese game. There's always a booby edit for character customization in Japanese games. Japan is still under the impression that only boys play games, and well to be fair, I guess Nintendo's eShop data that they released last year supports that impression.

90% of Wii U owners online.
70% have used the eShop.
93% of eShop users are male.

And here we see a prime example of misusing statistics. The implicit assumptions being here being that men all want hawt vidja game boob bars, which is far from the truth. Just because 70-something percent of console gamers are male doesn't mean a corresponding percentage of games should be Lolipop Chainsaw.

And how is there 'always' a breast slider in Japanese character creators? I haven't played any Japanese or Korean MMOs, but I just got Monster Hunter 4 U yesterday and my female customizable character had no such sex-appeal-setting.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Sleepingmudkip

As long as i can create my dream boyfriend i dont care

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Dezzy

I'm personally not a huge supporter of the recent crusade to cleanse the world of anything that's politically incorrect. But even I wasn't that happy to see that boob slider. It just seems completely out of place in this game. I thought this was supposed to be a serious game. It's fine having that stuff in Dead or Alive or Senran Kagura where that's almost part of the premise, but please stop giving people ammunition to write off all gaming as adolescent silliness.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Jaz007

Dezzy wrote:

I'm personally not a huge supporter of the recent crusade to cleanse the world of anything that's politically incorrect. But even I wasn't that happy to see that boob slider. It just seems completely out of place in this game. I thought this was supposed to be a serious game. It's fine having that stuff in Dead or Alive or Senran Kagura where that's almost part of the premise, but please stop giving people ammunition to write off all gaming as adolescent silliness.

What about girls trying to make a character that looks like them? Something like that affects how you look and can be important. If they're really gonna have a great character creator, it should be included. It's not some sexual thing that's fanservice; it serves a legitamite purpose.

Jaz007

Dezzy

Jaz007 wrote:

What about girls trying to make a character that looks like them? Something like that affects how you look and can be important. If they're really gonna have a great character creator, it should be included. It's not some sexual thing that's fanservice; it serves a legitamite purpose.

Sure, if it's a character creator where you can change absolutely everything about the body, it should be included. But I thought people had said that that wasn't the case with this one? But when they're adding boob-bouncing to resident evil games still, I would've thought it was safe to assume it was just to be raunchy or however you'd phrase it (especially when you combine with the demographics that are mostly male)
Although I'm not really the best person to have an opinion on that sort of stuff. I've never once in my entire gaming history customised a character. I just go straight through with the default every time.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

Who exactly are the bad guys????

Master of the Hype Train

Sleepingmudkip

Blast wrote:

Who exactly are the bad guys????

I dont think they ever said.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic