Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 4,371

Blast

The outfits and customization.... Mmmmm....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm honestly more worried that they aren't increasing the quantity of music. I love Xenoblade's soundtrack but I can only listen to the same songs so many times y'know.

That was easily my biggest problem with Radiant Historia. There was an average of like 1 song per hour spent on the game, which is not ideal at all. I tend to believe in quality over quantity but it can get to a point that the lack of quantity actually hurts the quality.

I would honestly pay money for post-release music tbh. Maybe like alternate songs for battle and major areas.

You...you would pay DLC for a song... for a JRPG? Ummm... No. Another slippery slope that I hope never happens.

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

I'd love to have had music DLC for Skyrim and Monster Hunter 3, my 300+ hour games. Especially combat themes. Every game, be it Xenoblade, Skyrim, Zelda, etc, has too few combat themes. If a game warrants 100 hours of play then it should probably have 10 or so combat themes, especially if so much time is spent in combat in RPGs like Xenoblade and Skyrim.

Obviously DLC can be lame if it takes away from the game or is too pricy, too numerous, etc, but like everything it's time, place and manor. If done right I'd like to see music DLC in games.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Jaz007

Blast wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm honestly more worried that they aren't increasing the quantity of music. I love Xenoblade's soundtrack but I can only listen to the same songs so many times y'know.

That was easily my biggest problem with Radiant Historia. There was an average of like 1 song per hour spent on the game, which is not ideal at all. I tend to believe in quality over quantity but it can get to a point that the lack of quantity actually hurts the quality.

I would honestly pay money for post-release music tbh. Maybe like alternate songs for battle and major areas.

You...you would pay DLC for a song... for a JRPG? Ummm... No. Another slippery slope that I hope never happens.

That DLC reminds me of alternate colors for costumes (new colors, not costumes) DLC. I definitally agree there.

Jaz007

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

I'd love to have had music DLC for Skyrim and Monster Hunter 3, my 300+ hour games. Especially combat themes. Every game, be it Xenoblade, Skyrim, Zelda, etc, has too few combat themes. If a game warrants 100 hours of play then it should probably have 10 or so combat themes, especially if so much time is spent in combat in RPGs like Xenoblade and Skyrim.

Still a slippery slope that would be overabused instantly.

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

Blast wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Like character or map DLC? As with anything you'll have your Evolves and CoDs, which charge 50-100+ for all of the DLC on top of the $60 retail price. But you can also have games like Mario Kart 8, Skyrim, Monster Hunter, and Xenoblade that come all-inclusive or with a lot of content to begin with and worthwhile DLC at reasonable prices. Don't be so closed minded. I'm sure companies will find ways to be lousy even without music DLC.

Edited on by LzWinky

Jaz007

Haru17 wrote:

Obviously DLC can be lame if it takes away from the game or is too pricy, too numerous, etc, but like everything it's time, place and manor. If done right I'd like to see music DLC in games.

Then the game should have more music at launch, or frees music updates.

Jaz007

Haru17

Jaz007 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

That's nonsense, Skyrim, most Zeldas, Monster Hunter, and Xenoblade are all worth it if you enjoy the game. You'll learn that good games make you want more and are simultaneously of good value from the start.

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Like character or map DLC? As with anything you'll have your Evolves and CoDs, which charge 50-100+ for all of the DLC on top of the $60 retail price. But you can also have games like Mario Kart 8, Skyrim, Monster Hunter, and Xenoblade that come all-inclusive or with a lot of content to begin with and worthwhile DLC at reasonable prices. Don't be so closed minded. I'm sure companies will find ways to be lousy even without music DLC.

Uhhhhh.... The only game series that have the right to do song DLC are series like Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Its a sad day in gaming when a JRPG begs gamers to buy song DLC. Sorry but I just see it getting abused.

Edited on by LzWinky

Master of the Hype Train

Sparx

I do hope there a multiple tracks for areas, hours running through the marsh looking for forget-me-nots was enough to make me get sick of that awesome song

My avatar is from here

crimsoncavalier

Bayonetta 1 and 2 had vocal tracks, and they were great. They didn't feel overused, because the song itself was really good. Bayonetta has excellent music. Xenoblade had excellent music as well, so I have no doubt that even if this game has vocal tracks, it will be fine.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Jaz007

Haru17 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

That's nonsense, Skyrim, most Zeldas, Monster Hunter, and Xenoblade are all worth it if you enjoy the game. You'll learn that good games make you want more and are simultaneously of good value from the start.

If the game doesn't have enough music for the amound of time they want you to play the game, then they didn't do an adequate job with the music in the first place. Games like Skyrim selling music DLC would just be a disaster waiting to happen too.

Jaz007

crimsoncavalier

Jaz007 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

If the game doesn't have enough music for the amound of time they want you to play the game, then they didn't do an adequate job with the music in the first place. Games like Skyrim selling music DLC would just be a disaster waiting to happen too.

To be honest, I always turned the music off in Skyrim. The only ES game that I loved the music enough in to keep it on at all times was Morrowind. Both Oblivion and Skyrim had "meh" music, so I turned it off. Same with Fallout. I find the music more distracting than anything.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Jaz007

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Sorry to dial the discussion back, but is anyone else a little disappointed there's a booby edit but no related sexuality edit for the guys? I mean, boobs aren't solely a sexual thing, as some people pointed out earlier, and a bulge edit would serve hardly any purpose other than over the top sex (saints row), but maybe an overall muscle edit or something to alter your guy's body type.

Really, it should be applied to both sexes.
Dunno, just thoughts for discussion.

I'm not sure I'd call that a sexuality edit though. (The muscles, the other should just be kept out). It something that could probably get applied to girls. Honestly, there really isn't a male eqivalant if you ask me. But I do agree a muscle edit should be added, espcially if they're boasting about the character creator.

Jaz007

Jaz007

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Honestly, there really isn't a male eqivalant if you ask me.

If you ask me, it's the butt. There should be a butt edit for both sexes.

Is it an eqivalant if they both have it though?

Jaz007

Dreamsleep

Muscle slider would actually make a lot of sense for the male avatars, and is common in MMO's. But, it doesn't look to be there.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Sparx

Wonder if the character builder has all the settings needed to remake Shulk, Reyn, Dunban, Mario, Luigi, ect

My avatar is from here

Dezzy

Dreamsleep wrote:

Muscle slider would actually make a lot of sense for the male avatars, and is common in MMO's. But, it doesn't look to be there.

The Japanese do like their male leads to be slim and smallish. It's that kawaii thing.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

Sparx wrote:

Wonder if the character builder has all the settings needed to remake Shulk, Reyn, Dunban, Mario, Luigi, ect

Maybe.... Amiibo might have a hand in that.

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

It's a Japanese game. There's always a booby edit for character customization in Japanese games. Japan is still under the impression that only boys play games, and well to be fair, I guess Nintendo's eShop data that they released last year supports that impression.

90% of Wii U owners online.
70% have used the eShop.
93% of eShop users are male.

And let's be honest here, the booby edit isn't just for men. Women are going to want to edit the boobs too.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic