Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 4,371

OmegaMetroid93

It doesn't seem like it'll be a conventional direct...? I dunno, just something about it seems off. Either way, can't wait to see some more footage! It's only in 4 days. =O
I'm really happy it's at a good time for me (European).
And I assume it's Japanese only, right? I'm sure the folks over at GAF and FAQs will be all over translating it.

OmegaMetroid93

Octane

It's not really a Nintendo Direct, and it's Japan only. It'll probably show off a good portion of unknown stuff what the game has to offer.

Octane

triforcepower73

I don't know if I wanna see this. I'll let everyone else watch it first and tell me if it spoiled too much of the world. I think I've seen everything I wanna see of this game. Anymore would be too much. I just want to play the game and not have a lot of the surprises ruined.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

cookiex

Sounds like the "direct" will be about exploring the overworld and showcasing the overall scale of the game, or at least that's what I got from Nintendo_JP's twitter.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Blast

triforcepower73 wrote:

I don't know if I wanna see this. I'll let everyone else watch it first and tell me if it spoiled too much of the world. I think I've seen everything I wanna see of this game. Anymore would be too much. I just want to play the game and not have a lot of the surprises ruined.

Agreed fully.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

triforcepower73

Blast wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

Agreed fully.

Although it'll be hard to hold off from watching...especially since we'll probably hear more of the soundtrack. And I really want to hear the soundtrack. Ugh.

triforcepower73

Some SWEET new pieces of concept art were put up on the XCX official website. Take a look:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by triforcepower73

iKhan

How did Xerneas get into XCX?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

triforcepower73

iKhan wrote:

Haha I thought the same thing.

Haru17

kkslider5552000 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Plot twist: This world is post-apocalypse Pokemon world.

But Ash mentions Michigan in one of the Pokemon movies, therefore it's post apocalypse earth, therefore 'DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!' is X's plot twist.

Edited on by LzWinky

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Blast

iKhan wrote:

Monolith's clever way of telling Gamefreak to make an amazing Pokemon game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

iKhan

Haru17 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

But Ash mentions Michigan in one of the Pokemon movies, therefore it's post apocalypse earth, therefore 'DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!' is X's plot twist.

It's Brock and it's Minnesota.

Edited on by LzWinky

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Haru17

iKhan wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

It's Brock and it's Minnesota.

Oh, I'm sorry. But believe me, I'm sure I thought about that comment for exactly as long as the writers of that movie did =P

Edited on by LzWinky

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

whodatninja

triforcepower73 wrote:

Some SWEET new pieces of concept art were put up on the XCX official website.

Wow! I really hope there will be a collector's edition with an artbook

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

cookiex

The official twitter account confirmed an in-game encyclopedia where you can view 3D models of monsters you have encountered, what items they drop etc. Monolith intended to have this in the original Xenoblade but cut it due to lack of development time (a similar feature could appear in the New 3DS port though).

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150699410&postcoun...

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

triforcepower73

cookiex wrote:

The official twitter account confirmed an in-game encyclopedia where you can view 3D models of monsters you have encountered, what items they drop etc. Monolith intended to have this in the original Xenoblade but cut it due to lack of development time (a similar feature could appear in the New 3DS port though).

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150699410&postcoun...

Woahhhh yes that sounds awesome!! That'll help so much with collecting items and such for quests!

triforcepower73

Well that presentation was perfect imo. I was afraid when I decided I would watch it, that it would spoil too much. But it just offered much more insight into the unions and NLA and only a little bit more of a glimpse into the different areas of the world. It was exactly what I wanted.

Jazzer94

I'm really impressed with what Monolith Soft has been able to accomplish with the Wii U hopefully they'll get one more U game out before the end of its life.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Dezzy

Just watching the live broadcast.
I'm having 3 thoughts, I wonder if anyone else is sharing them:

1) Does this game remind anyone else of the film Avatar?
2) Do you think Nintendo are a bit worried that this will end up stealing Zelda's thunder? This seems like such a big deal that I feel like they'll need to release it maybe 3 months before Zelda just so it doesn't end up competing with it.
3) On an install base of 10 million, compared to the 100 million for the Wii, I bet this actually sells better than Xenoblade Chronicles. I'm guessing it'll pass 1 million.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic