Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 4,371

luisesteban

For reference, 400km2 is alike the size of a regular sized country like Sweden, Paraguay or España
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=sweden&lk=4 (410km2)
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=paraguay (397km2)
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=espa%C3%B1a (498km2)

Obviously there is a lot of room to do things, but they are no moving around the complete planet, my guess the game is constraining to the surroundings of the main city. But I have the doubt if more cities would be showed.

Edit:
Well, no, I have made a very noob mistake. The size of those countries is not alike 400km2, but 400000km2, so what i've say is pretty dumb. Sorry.

Maybe is more accurate with New York City (783km2).

Edited on by luisesteban

luisesteban

CaviarMeths

I'm Canadian, so my notion of a "regular sized country" is perhaps slightly askew.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Octane

400km2 = 20km x 20km = 12 miles x 12 miles. It's not the size of country people.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Blast

I hope every Nintendo development team is looking at XCX, Bayonetta 2 and Splatoon for inspiration.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Octane

''[Kawabata] Xenoblade Chronicles X is using up most of the space on the Wii U disk. It’s really, really close to the storage limit. (To the point that at one stage we were considering using more than one disk for the game). To enjoy playing, the enormous seamless map must load quickly (which was achieved through the hard work of our programming division), but we had help from Nintendo proper implementing a further improvement to what we had. I believe we’re going to reveal the details of that on the official page in the future, but to people considering purchasing the packaged version of the game, as one of the game’s developers, I highly recommend you make use of this improvement.''

I wonder what ''improvement'' he's talking about. We'll see.

Source: http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/29/xenoblade-chronicles-x-i...

Octane

Octane

An interesting fact; Double-layered Wii U discs can hold up to 50GB of data, and since Xenoblade Chronicles X is really close to the storage limit, it'll be one hefty file to download.

Octane

Blast

Once again, I ask... How can Zelda U or any other future RPG coming to Wii U be better than XCX? I'm not saying those games will be bad. I bet they will be great. Its just
.. XCX is setting the bar for quality so high. Heck, I'm actually looking forward to the freaking "music* in XCX!!!

Master of the Hype Train

Dezzy

Blast wrote:

Once again, I ask... How can Zelda U or any other future RPG coming to Wii U be better than XCX? I'm not saying those games will be bad. I bet they will be great. Its just
.. XCX is setting the bar for quality so high. Heck, I'm actually looking forward to the freaking "music* in XCX!!!

You haven't even played it yet. I agree and share the spirit of excitement. But it's important to not get into this hype-train mentality too much. It really doesn't lead anywhere good.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

I can think of exactly one possibility.

That possibility is if Xenoblade Chronicles X becomes too big for its own good. Like, Xenoblade Chronicles was such an amazing game because all the elements worked really well and worked well from beginning to end. So if this game is 300 hours to do everything in it, I could totally see a possibility where like...50 of those hours and super dull or just not very good because of how ambitious this is that they lose track of making sure all the game is top quality. Entirely possible.

Or maybe the story doesn't work out well or the combat changes make it so you can exploit the same things to win easily.

I'm certain it will be an excellent game overall but I can pretty easily see it not living up to the original for reasons.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DefHalan

I have a feeling this will be the Wii U's first game with required installation. Xbox and Playstation started doing this last gen and this gen every game has had to be installed. XCX will probably be the Wii U's first. I will buy this digitally anyway so it doesn't bother me.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Blast

I also hope there's fun ways to relax in this game. Just fun minigames.

Master of the Hype Train

Dezzy

DefHalan wrote:

I have a feeling this will be the Wii U's first game with required installation. Xbox and Playstation started doing this last gen and this gen every game has had to be installed. XCX will probably be the Wii U's first. I will buy this digitally anyway so it doesn't bother me.

I'm not sure they actually can. A lot of people, including myself have the 8GB console. About 5GB of that is needed for the various OS updates.
So an installation would mean you HAVE to buy an external hard drive. I just can't see Nintendo putting their customers in that position. That's almost the opposite of their philosophy. They're all about the kind of plug-n-play attitude.

Octane

Dezzy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I'm not sure they actually can. A lot of people, including myself have the 8GB console. About 5GB of that is needed for the various OS updates.
So an installation would mean you HAVE to buy an external hard drive. I just can't see Nintendo putting their customers in that position. That's almost the opposite of their philosophy. They're all about the kind of plug-n-play attitude.

What if they update the Wii U to be compatible with SD-cards and include one in the physical release? I have no idea whether this is possible or not, it's just an uneducated guess.

Octane

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

What if they update the Wii U to be compatible with SD-cards and include one in the physical release? I have no idea whether this is possible or not, it's just an uneducated guess.

Today's news seems to suggest that it's just the 1 disc. To be honest, I would've thought that the financial incentive to make it fit on 1 disc would be enough for them to keep that target at the back of their minds whilst developing the game world. Although I'm just pulling that out of my ass, I have no idea what the costs of printing the discs are in the scheme of things.

Edited on by Dezzy

Octane

Dezzy wrote:

Octane wrote:

Today's news seems to suggest that it's just the 1 disc. To be honest, I would've thought that the financial incentive to make it fit on 1 disc would be enough for them to keep that target at the back of their minds whilst developing the game world. Although I'm just pulling that out of my ass, I have no idea what the costs of printing the discs are in the scheme of things.

I think that limiting the game to one disc is more for convience than financial purposes. I'm not sure either what they're talking about when they say ''improvement'', but it seems that something is going to be different. I thought about SD-cards, because I remember some GameCube games [with large save files] coming with their own memory card. However, instead of saving your game onto the SD-card, you can download your game onto the SD-card, and therefore minimalising the load times. I have no idea if it is possible, but it's just a thought.

Octane

Blast

Okay... Now I'm really thinking a small demo of this game will be ready at Nintendo's E3. Just wow. I watched the Treehouse video again and I'm so impressed.

Master of the Hype Train

Akazury

Blast wrote:

Okay... Now I'm really thinking a small demo of this game will be ready at Nintendo's E3. Just wow. I watched the Treehouse video again and I'm so impressed.

I see no reason for them not to have one as the game releases in April in Japan, I guess at worst it won't be English?

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

Punished_Boss_84

Xenoblade Chronicles X "Direct" on Feb. 6

Link : http://xenobladex.jp/news/20150206/index.html
Link to the streams : YouTube (coming soon) / NicoNico (coming soon)

*Time:
Europe: 2PM
UK: 1PM
North America (East): 8AM
North America (West) : 5AM
Japan: 10PM*

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=984110

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Blast

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Xenoblade Chronicles X "Direct" on Feb. 6

Link : http://xenobladex.jp/news/20150206/index.html
Link to the streams : YouTube (coming soon) / NicoNico (coming soon)

*Time:
Europe: 2PM
UK: 1PM
North America (East): 8AM
North America (West) : 5AM
Japan: 10PM*

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=984110

I...... might not watch this. Ehhhh.... I might watch it....

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic