Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 4,371

shingi_70

@KKslider5552000

Its slated for later this year but I'm mainly going by games with a tangible relese date. There's a good chance XV, Fable Legends, and a couple of other RPGS make the fall but we don't have dates yet.

So this weeks issue of Famitsu has a 10 page blow out on Xenoblade Chronicles X as well s 3D. Here's the info that's out already.

Nagi (Takayuki Sugou)
-Former Captain of the White Whale and current Military Chief in the Autonomous Government of New Los Angeles.

Guin (Yuichi Nakamura)
-Worked in the same division as Elma and Irina on Earth. Was their subordinate.

Player Avatars
-Many options for customization (sex, face type, skin colour, hair style, eyes, make-up, voice, etc).
-Preset designs done by Kunihiko Tanaka
-Some famous voices actors providing their voice as options for the avatar, will be announced on the Xenoblade homepage later.

GamePad
-Will show character location, question locations
-Warping to previously visited areas

-The use of 'X [Cross]' has implications for the online functionality.
-Not a standard online game, more 'loosely connected'
Music
-About 90 songs in the game. Sawano involved in all of them.

Battles
-Faster paced, more-actiony than Xenobalde.
-Differentiates close and distant attacks.
-No healers.
-Healing done with new system called 'Soul Voice'.

-Xenoblade was traditional RPG, whereas XenobladeX is an open world RPG. Xenoblade was linear despite having big world. In XenobladeX, you will get quests from different places and have more freedom.
-Xenoblade had 1 vocal song at the end, but XenobladeX has many vocal song. (Many for RPG)
-Mira is 400km² which is 5 times bigger than Xenoblade. So there is Dolls which can fly. Also you can check your location via gamepad
-Battle system is based on Xenoblade, but it's faster paced and more action packed.
-4 player party, you control 1 and AI controls the rest.
-number of unique monsters and equipments have increased from Xenoblade.

The magazine also introduces "Union". Sounds like something like factions for quests.

There are 8 of them, and you can join any of them, and change depending on your goal.

PATH FINDER
COLEPEDIAN
INTER CEPTOR
LAND BANK
AVALANCE
ARMS
TESTAMENT
COMPANION

Dat WRPG influence is strong with this one.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

iKhan

Now this is promising. XC's linearity kind of puzzled me honestly. With such a large world, you'd think they'd be able to introduce a more non-linear gameplay progression. Also, more actiony gameplay in an RPG is always a good thing in my book

My only hope is that they maintain a strong and coherent narrative.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

Gematsu has a better translated version of what posted above.

Start of the Game

At the beginning of the story, the goal is to survive the uncivilized planet of Mira. After meeting up with private military organization Blade, you’ll choose from one of eight affiliated unions, each with their own overarching objective to fill, and embark on quests. It’s possible to join a different union later. Unlike the linear progression of the original Xenoblade Chronicles, the successor’s story will unfold in various directions.

Unions

The eight unions are:
•Pathfinder - In charge of data probe installation.
•Interceptor - In charge of exterminating protists.
•Avalanche - In charge of hunting down dangerous life forms.
•Testament - In charge of the search and recovery of debris scattered by the ship, as well as the recovery of items lost on the battlefield.
•Corepedian - In charge of visiting areas and investigation/collecting materials.
•Land Bank - In charge of securing resources and collecting minerals.
•Arms - Assists the Arms Company in charge of the development of Dolls and their inner weaponry.
•Companion - A Jack of all trades, from the mediation of petty fights to the search of stray cats.

Other Tidbits
•The concept of the game’s online mode is to be “‘loosely connected’ with other players”—to have a sense of solidarity without feeling constantly aware of other players’ presence.
•The size of the field is five times the previous game (400 square meters) and fully seamless. However, there is loading during event scenes.
•The map is visible on the Wii U GamePad. Each area is indicated by a hex. Touching them can perform things such as quick travel or check events.
•The sense of speed from the previous game’s battles has been elevated, and players can attack freely while switching between short and long ranges.
•No character explicitly serves as a healer, meaning it’s important to gauge one’s capabilities relative to those of an enemy before picking fights.
•“Soul Voice” is a system that can be triggered in reaction to party members that are able to string their attacks well. With well-timed button presses, HP can be healed, making it possible to continuously heal while attacking.
•Parties consist of four people: the player character and three AI companions.
•Dolls are exceptionally powerful, but in exchange for that, their movement can’t be finely controlled, meaning they can’t take out enemy body parts. Being able to do so is important, as it can weaken them and yield items, among other things. As a result, players will have to disembark at times and fight enemies themselves.
•A number of new “Unique Monsters” have been added compared to the previous game, some powerful enough to cross swords with the Doll robots.
•Playtime in the game has been recorded to exceed 300 hours while doing final checks, with some elements potentially continuing endlessly.
•There are over 90 songs featured in the game, all of which were worked on by Hiroyuki Sawano.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/01/xenoblade-chronicles-x-details-map...

Tomorrow should be a big blowout for the game, the game sounds incredibly similar to XV in terms of combat with automated team mates something i'm not the biggest fan of. .

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

iKhan

The guild system sounds like what I wanted Tales of Vesperia to have. I wonder if there will be an NPC named Karol in the "Avalanche" guild

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Sparx

and I thought it wasn't possible to be even more excited for this game

My avatar is from here

Dezzy

iKhan wrote:

Now this is promising. XC's linearity kind of puzzled me honestly. With such a large world, you'd think they'd be able to introduce a more non-linear gameplay progression. Also, more actiony gameplay in an RPG is always a good thing in my book

I think it's important not to underestimate how hard it is to write a non-linear story. There's a reason that even games that pride themselves in player choice and narrative branches, don't really stray too far from the main branch. E.g Mass Effect and Walking Dead.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CanisWolfred

Oh yeah, I'm keeping my expectations of the story low. Been burned by too many WRPGs over the years. But that's okay, I'm in it for the exploration and stuff.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

I don't think it's gonna be that non-linear tbh. Unless they EXACTLY say a game is non-linear, games like this are almost never non-linear. I just assume it might be closer to "you get to choose from these three main missions and when you beat them all you get to the next story thing!" type of deal. Probably also means like Skyrim you can go most places in the world regardless of where you are in the story.

In most of these games I don't tend to intentionally explore areas too far away from any of the story quests I've been to anyway.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ryno

shingi_70 wrote:

•Playtime in the game has been recorded to exceed 300 hours while doing final checks, with some elements potentially continuing endlessly.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

triforcepower73

I love love the idea of having "unions".

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

ricklongo

I read the 400km² in the post by @shingi_70 and freaked out, thinking there's no way any game is that big these days. Then he posted again, and this time it said 400m². Yeah, looks more reasonable. But now I want that 400km² game world.

Ryno wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Untitled

Oh, I will make the time.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

cookiex

ricklongo wrote:

I read the 400km² in the post by @shingi_70 and freaked out, thinking there's no way any game is that big these days. Then he posted again, and this time it said 400m². Yeah, looks more reasonable. But now I want that 400km² game world.

Uh... for reference, this is what an area the size of 400m² looks like:

Untitled

I think 400km² is more accurate...

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Blast

So this will become my favorite Wii U game... Confirmed.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

iKhan

Dezzy wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I think it's important not to underestimate how hard it is to write a non-linear story. There's a reason that even games that pride themselves in player choice and narrative branches, don't really stray too far from the main branch. E.g Mass Effect and Walking Dead.

You don't need a non-linear story to have a non-linear progression. To have non-linear progression you just need to recognize the parts of your narrative that aren't completely sequence dependent and give the player the option to choose between them. This is exactly what Ocarina of Time does.

That said, there are restrictions. When you make a game "open world", you start requiring non-linear story elements to hold it together, and yes, I agree with you, that's tough. That's why I said I hope they can pull it off.

Edited on by iKhan

Blast

I think the only thing to worry about now is if the English dub is even good...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

IceClimbers

Blast wrote:

I think the only thing to worry about now is if the English dub is even good...

And how long the localization will take. Oh, and how to make time to play the game.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Vincent294

cookiex wrote:

ricklongo wrote:

Untitled

Miles?

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

JoyBoy

I'm probably one of the very few who played Xenoblade with subs. I plan on doing that again with X.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

cookiex

Vincent294 wrote:

cookiex wrote:

ricklongo wrote:

Untitled

Miles?

400 square miles is far bigger than 400 square kilometers...

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

whodatninja

shingi_70 wrote:

Gematsu has a better translated version of what posted above.

Start of the Game

At the beginning of the story, the goal is to survive the uncivilized planet of Mira. After meeting up with private military organization Blade, you’ll choose from one of eight affiliated unions, each with their own overarching objective to fill, and embark on quests. It’s possible to join a different union later. Unlike the linear progression of the original Xenoblade Chronicles, the successor’s story will unfold in various directions.

Unions

The eight unions are:
•Pathfinder - In charge of data probe installation.
•Interceptor - In charge of exterminating protists.
•Avalanche - In charge of hunting down dangerous life forms.
•Testament - In charge of the search and recovery of debris scattered by the ship, as well as the recovery of items lost on the battlefield.
•Corepedian - In charge of visiting areas and investigation/collecting materials.
•Land Bank - In charge of securing resources and collecting minerals.
•Arms - Assists the Arms Company in charge of the development of Dolls and their inner weaponry.
•Companion - A Jack of all trades, from the mediation of petty fights to the search of stray cats.

Other Tidbits
•The concept of the game’s online mode is to be “‘loosely connected’ with other players”—to have a sense of solidarity without feeling constantly aware of other players’ presence.
•The size of the field is five times the previous game (400 square meters) and fully seamless. However, there is loading during event scenes.
•The map is visible on the Wii U GamePad. Each area is indicated by a hex. Touching them can perform things such as quick travel or check events.
•The sense of speed from the previous game’s battles has been elevated, and players can attack freely while switching between short and long ranges.
•No character explicitly serves as a healer, meaning it’s important to gauge one’s capabilities relative to those of an enemy before picking fights.
•“Soul Voice” is a system that can be triggered in reaction to party members that are able to string their attacks well. With well-timed button presses, HP can be healed, making it possible to continuously heal while attacking.
•Parties consist of four people: the player character and three AI companions.
•Dolls are exceptionally powerful, but in exchange for that, their movement can’t be finely controlled, meaning they can’t take out enemy body parts. Being able to do so is important, as it can weaken them and yield items, among other things. As a result, players will have to disembark at times and fight enemies themselves.
•A number of new “Unique Monsters” have been added compared to the previous game, some powerful enough to cross swords with the Doll robots.
•There are over 90 songs featured in the game, all of which were worked on by Hiroyuki Sawano.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/01/xenoblade-chronicles-x-details-map...

Tomorrow should be a big blowout for the game, the game sounds incredibly similar to XV in terms of combat with automated team mates something i'm not the biggest fan of. .

Untitled

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic