Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 4,371

triforcepower73

Yeah I don't think Van Damme will be a part of the team. Maybe at one point in the story for a special mission or something, but you're right, he doesn't look like he'd fit. I think he might be one of the main quest givers, as he is the commander of BLADE, which I'm assuming is the main military organization that is leading the rebuilding of mankind.

Also I think it's interesting how the majority of the team members are female this time around. While XC was pretty balanced with only one more male party character than female, this time it looks like women will play an important role in the story. So far, in the party we have Cross(male or female), Elma(female), Lynlee(female), Tatsu(male), Irina probably(female), and Van Damme maybe(male). Of course, not all the characters have been announced so far, but it'd be interesting if this game featured many heavy female leads.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Blast

triforcepower73 wrote:

Yeah I don't think Van Damme will be a part of the team. Maybe at one point in the story for a special mission or something, but you're right, he doesn't look like he'd fit. I think he might be one of the main quest givers, as he is the commander of BLADE, which I'm assuming is the main military organization that is leading the rebuilding of mankind.

Also I think it's interesting how the majority of the team members are female this time around. While XC was pretty balanced with only one more male party character than female, this time it looks like women will play an important role in the story. So far, in the party we have Cross(male or female), Elma(female), Lynlee(female), Tatsu(male), Irina probably(female), and Van Damme maybe(male). Of course, not all the characters have been announced so far, but it'd be interesting if this game featured many heavy female leads.

Agreed fully. I'm all for this.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

OmegaMetroid93

That's weird how the main cast is basically all female (depending on how you create your MC). XD
Then again, FFXV has an all male cast, so I guess it's not that weird.

Also, I made another observation. A very minor one, but still...
You know how when you change your equipment, it's visible on the character?
Well, in Xenoblade, one piece of equipment would look completely different depending on who you equipped it on.

Watching the treehouse demo, you notice how when the male main character has the starter armour on, it's yellow and silver. But when he equips it on Elma, it looks different. And then during the second stream, when they chose a female MC, that starter equipment looks exactly the same as it did on Elma.
Do you think this means that the armour will have male and female versions that look the same on all characters rather than looking different for each character?

OmegaMetroid93

Blast

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

That's weird how the main cast is basically all female (depending on how you create your MC). XD
Then again, FFXV has an all male cast, so I guess it's not that weird.

Also, I made another observation. A very minor one, but still...
You know how when you change your equipment, it's visible on the character?
Well, in Xenoblade, one piece of equipment would look completely different depending on who you equipped it on.

Watching the treehouse demo, you notice how when the male main character has the starter armour on, it's yellow and silver. But when he equips it on Elma, it looks different. And then during the second stream, when they chose a female MC, that starter equipment looks exactly the same as it did on Elma.
Do you think this means that the armour will have male and female versions that look the same on all characters rather than looking different for each character?

Yup. At least the women in XCX arent literally posing in cutscenes like FF XV guys are.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

cookiex

Promotion has begun in Japan.

Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

MsJubilee

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

Get hyped everyone!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

iKhan

Now THIS is interesting. Instead of having the stereotypical JRPG cover (bunch of Teenagers grouped around a title), the cover is more more stereotypically western.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

Eh that's a strech the cover seems similar to the Orginals with empasis on the Dolls.

Was going to hold off on a N3DS but my want to play the orginal Xenoblade may just force my hand.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

OmegaMetroid93

You think that image may be the title screen too?
I think it very well could.. Maybe with a similar day-night transition like Xenoblade? I'd actually be very happy with that!

OmegaMetroid93

triforcepower73

I wouldn't want that image as the title screen. It would be kind of weird to have the main characters standing in the title screen while the day and night cycle happens. Maybe if it was just the image of NLA without the doll and characters. Or even just an open field with several dolls. Idk, I just can't wait to hear what Sawano comes up with for the title screen music!

OmegaMetroid93

I'd be absolutely fine with it. But yeah, I'm sure whatever they do's gonna be fantastic.

OmegaMetroid93

Sleepingmudkip

I cant wait to play this game. This is going to be my end of the Year game because i wont be buying Zelda(Not the biggest zelda fan so ill get the zelda game later down the line)

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Haru17

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I cant wait to play this game. This is going to be my end of the Year game because i wont be buying Zelda(Not the biggest zelda fan so ill get the zelda game later down the line)

X probably won't come out at the end of the year. Zelda is obviously a november release, so this will likely come in the months before it.

I love the size of that Monster Hunter 4 G strategy guide, lol!

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

triforcepower73

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

I'd be absolutely fine with it. But yeah, I'm sure whatever they do's gonna be fantastic.

Agreed!

triforcepower73

The production on this game is looking more and more insanely massive with each bit of news we get! The sound design is being done by the same company that did:
The Legend of Legacy
Terra Battle
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Sonic Colors
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Xenosaga Episodes 2 & 3
Kingdom Hearts
Soulcaliber 3
Ridge Racer 6
Final Fantasy VI through X-2
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/26/xenoblade-chronicles-x-s...

Hy8ogen

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

Dayummmmmm. That stand looks freaking sexy. Can't wait to play it!!

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

shingi_70

Untitled

This is totally a early frontrunner for RPG of the year. The only games I think can compete this year are Bloodborne, The Witcher 3, and Pillars of Eternity. Honestly this year doesn't have alot of RPGS announced and it seems like 2016 will be another big dip for the genre.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

Honestly this year doesn't have alot of RPGS announced

I'd like to once again blame this on Japanese publishers refusing to release their handheld games here.

Am I wrong or wasn't Persona 5 also confirmed for this year in NA?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic