Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 4,371

iKhan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I don't even dislike Tales games but complaining about bad anime plots in games and bringing up that series as good legit made me chuckle.

Yeah, I love Symphonia and Vesperia, but I'm not going to try to defend the plots as particularly good (they are certainly interesting and amusing, but they are needlessly complicated and often have bad pacing)

iKhan wrote:

Can someone explain this "FF changes with every major iteration" thing to me? What on earth makes it a series if every new iteration is completely different?

Someone want to answer this for me?

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Ralizah

iKhan wrote:

Someone want to answer this for me?

Similar themes, recurring characters, creatures and objects (Cid appears in some form or another in most of the games; same with Chocobos; there is often a heavy emphasis on airships and elemental crystals; etc), similar names for magic and summons between the games.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MamaLuigi

In spite of FF15 taking forever to make, it looks like both this game and XBCX feature massive jaw dropping HD worlds and unlimited hours of gameplay. But my question is which is ultimately looking better, or far along in development? I'm going to play both but I have a hunch XBCX may end up looking like the better game to some...

MamaLuigi

Blast

MamaLuigi wrote:

In spite of FF15 taking forever to make, it looks like both this game and XBCX feature massive jaw dropping HD worlds and unlimited hours of gameplay. But my question is which is ultimately looking better, or far along in development? I'm going to play both but I have a hunch XBCX may end up looking like the better game to some...

I'm hyped for XCX and is cautiously excited for FFXV. I'm worried FFXV is too focused on main characters posing in cut scenes than creating likable characters. I still say there's too many people starting off with Noctis. I say just start off with Noctis and another guy. Maybe even 2 guys and Noctis. But 3? Wouldn't the dialogue between characters be too clunky because they all need to speak.
FFXV does like it has crazy fun gameplay and it looks visually great, too. I'm just worried about too many people speaking in Noctis group and every cutscene being a "check out how everyone is posing!!!" situation instead on making a good story.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

IceClimbers

Predicting a September 2015 release. I think this might be the lineup:

February 13th - Kirby & the Rainbow Curse
March 20th - Mario Party 10
April - Yoshi's Woolly World
May - Splatoon
July - Mario Maker
August - Devil's Third
September - Xenoblade Chronicles X
October - Star Fox
November 20th - Zelda (3D World and Smash released on the 21st the last two years, but the 21st is a Saturday this year so it'll be the 20th)
December - either nothing or some budget title announced at E3.
Alternatively, they could release Mario Maker in June and make July the drought month, but it would be smarter to make June the drought month because the hype from E3 serves as a distraction that month.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Blast

IceClimbers wrote:

May - Splatoon
July - Mario Maker
August - Devil's Third
October - Star Fox
November 20th - Zelda (3D World and Smash released on the 21st the last two years, but the 21st is a Saturday this year so it'll be the 20th)
Alternatively, they could release Mario Maker in June and make July the drought month, but it would be smarter to make June the drought month because the hype from E3 serves as a distraction that month.

Please work for Nintendo.

Master of the Hype Train

Akazury

IceClimbers wrote:

May - Splatoon
July - Mario Maker
August - Devil's Third
October - Star Fox

Only things I'm missing is the Mario vs Donkey Kong game (but that's eshop only if I'm right) and the rumoured releases of Project Gaint Robot (1st half) and Project Guard (2nd half) as mentoined in one of the financial meetings.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

cookiex

Akazury wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

May - Splatoon
July - Mario Maker
August - Devil's Third
October - Star Fox

Only things I'm missing is the Mario vs Donkey Kong game (but that's eshop only if I'm right) and the rumoured releases of Project Gaint Robot (1st half) and Project Guard (2nd half) as mentoined in one of the financial meetings.

Mario Vs. Donkey Kong is eShop only (retail in Japan though) and it'll be out in March.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Blast

I wanna say that Drakengard 3 is my favorite JRPG because of the amazing writing. It was clever, sexy, and witty. Its an incredibly niche game because its mature style only appeals to guys like me and the gameplay needs help...badly. I just hope XCX has some sort of mature style. Nothing extreme but clever ways for fanservice.

Master of the Hype Train

WebHead

IceClimbers wrote:

May - Splatoon
July - Mario Maker
August - Devil's Third
October - Star Fox

If Yoshi was coming out in April it would've been announced in the direct I'd think.

Anyway I'll get xenoblade chronicles 3D. If I enjoy that, then I'll get XCX.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Dezzy

iKhan wrote:

Can someone explain this "FF changes with every major iteration" thing to me? What on earth makes it a series if every new iteration is completely different?

Lol. I'm so familiar with Final Fantasy that I kinda forget that this is a genuine question.
To be fair, it's kinda similar to Zelda though. I know Zelda technically has a big tree of background explanations for how each of the games actually do fit into some larger timeline. But lets be honest, they just pulled that out of their ass so they could sell a book. For all intents and purposes, each Zelda games is in a new universe that just has some ideas, themes and characters that are kept constant. The same goes for Final Fantasy. Although they change a bit more with each game than Zelda does. Nintendo have more respect for the idiom: "If it's not broke, don't fix it.". Whereas Square decided their very best franchise at it's absolute height desperately needed to be changed.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

iKhan

Dezzy wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Lol. I'm so familiar with Final Fantasy that I kinda forget that this is a genuine question.
To be fair, it's kinda similar to Zelda though. I know Zelda technically has a big tree of background explanations for how each of the games actually do fit into some larger timeline. But lets be honest, they just pulled that out of their ass so they could sell a book. For all intents and purposes, each Zelda games is in a new universe that just has some ideas, themes and characters that are kept constant. The same goes for Final Fantasy. Although they change a bit more with each game than Zelda does. Nintendo have more respect for the idiom: "If it's not broke, don't fix it.". Whereas Square decided their very best franchise at it's absolute height desperately needed to be changed.

So, if I'm understanding what you are saying correctly, earlier FF games had more in common with one another. But as of late, pretty much everything but the lore changed.

Also, this is just my opinion, but the mantra "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is completely counterintuitive to innovation. Usually, the phrase only comes up when someone tries to innovate and fails. When someone comes up with something brilliant, no one complains that they are fixing what isn't broken.

A good example is Ocarina of Time, the 2D Zelda formula worked just fine. There was no need to turn the game into a grand 3D adventure, and if Nintendo only fixed what was broken, it wouldn't have happened.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

OmegaMetroid93

triforcepower73 wrote:

They introduced two new characters. Van Damme, the commander of BLADE, and Irina, a tomboyish member of BLADE. http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/22/xenoblade-chronicles-x-i...

I have a feeling Irina will end up being called Eleena or something like that.
Also, fun fact.. Co. Vangarre from Xenoblade was supposedly called Vandamme in japanese.
Makes you wonder if they'll change this guy's name to Vangarre in XCX or keep it as is.

OmegaMetroid93

triforcepower73

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

They introduced two new characters. Van Damme, the commander of BLADE, and Irina, a tomboyish member of BLADE. http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/22/xenoblade-chronicles-x-i...

I have a feeling Irina will end up being called Eleena or something like that.
Also, fun fact.. Co. Vangarre from Xenoblade was supposedly called Vandamme in japanese.
Makes you wonder if they'll change this guy's name to Vangarre in XCX or keep it as is.

That's definitely a possibility. They called the Nopon Tatsu. And there's a Tatsu in Colony 6 in XC I believe.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

CaviarMeths

I can't see them keeping Van Damme for the western release. Maybe the name has a different association in Japan, but here, it's synonymous with cheesy 90s action movies.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dreamsleep

Van Damme is a hilarious name, love it. I wonder if he will go crazy on the bad guys, with some crazy martial arts skills. JRPG's are so fun, and silly. I can't wait for this game.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

OmegaMetroid93

Makes you wonder if he'll join the team or not. For some reason, he doesn't look like he'd fit in to me.
He looks like the kinda mechanic guy that'd take care of your dolls or something.
But I could be wrong. Not sure what I want, actually.
I think it's safe to assume that Irina will join though, whatwith her being friends with Elma and all.

OmegaMetroid93

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic