Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 4,371

OmegaMetroid93

I'd also love to see FE as something other than an SRPG.

OmegaMetroid93

TheLilK98

CaviarMeths wrote:

Devil Survivor proved that SMT works as a SRPG, but I think I would rather see a traditional or action RPG for FExSMT. We've seen SMT as pretty much every RPG subgenre under the sun, but we've never seen FE as anything but a SRPG. That should change.

TheLilK98 wrote:

I hope they get a break. They've been either helping other studios or working on XC or XCX nonstop for years now. Both teams.

Most employed people work nonstop for years. I took a one week vacation in 2010 and another in 2014.

Sarcasm aside, that would still mean the studio as a whole is due for one.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

I'd also love to see FE as something other than an SRPG.

I kind of agree, but it has its fans. Worst case scenario, I ignore it for another game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

triforcepower73

Did you guys hear that XCX is in the final stages of development and there'll be more info this month?

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

MsJubilee

triforcepower73 wrote:

Did you guys hear that XCX is in the final stages of development and there'll be more info this month?

You serious?Don't you play with me!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Spoony_Tech

midnafanboy wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

He had a link in an email but deleted it for some reason. Check Nintendo Everything.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Twiglingen

midnafanboy wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

I just checked Nintendo everything and they got it from what looks like the Devs Japanese Twitter account. They also teased more info later this month so it looks like a direct is coming.

http://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-in-the-f...

Working on the profile pic. Trying to find a good one for me.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9841-0384

BassLostie

A Nintendo Direct for Xenoblade Chronicles X would be awesome.

Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii, became my favourite video game of all-time, so I'm really hyped for this new game.

Visit my Video Game Music covers on YouTube: www.youtube/user/BassLostie

Nintendo Network ID: CheloWiiU

Blast

I seriously want this game after E3. So I prefer a detailed Direct after E3. Let Splatoon, Kirby, Yoshi, Mario Party 10 and what else take the months before E3.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

iKhan

BassLostie wrote:

Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii, became my favourite video game of all-time, so I'm really hyped for this new game.

I promise you XCX is NOT getting it's own Direct, at least not in the west. It's in a genre that's niche, it's first party (3rd party games like TW101 and Bayo2 get some spotlight from Nintendo), and it's story based such that it thrives on hidden information.

Anyway, why would you want Nintendo to spill the beans on a JRPG. That would ruin part of the experience.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

MsJubilee

iKhan wrote:

BassLostie wrote:

I promise you XCX is NOT getting it's own Direct, at least not in the west. It's in a genre that's niche, it's first party (3rd party games like TW101 and Bayo2 get some spotlight from Nintendo), and it's story based such that it thrives on hidden information.

Anyway, why would you want Nintendo to spill the beans on a JRPG. That would ruin part of the experience.

Again what experience?You mean the story?If it's that by all mean i agree ,but more info about the game size and what's in it?Then many many people will gladly want a direct.And it would be hilarious that this game gets a direct,cause you said it won't for no reason.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TheLilK98

iKhan wrote:

BassLostie wrote:

Nintendo owns TW101. They just had platinum develop it.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Blast

@iKhan I want a detailed direct to convince the people who are hesitant or confused on this game to buy it.

Master of the Hype Train

iKhan

midnafanboy wrote:

iKhan wrote:

BassLostie wrote:

Again what experience?You mean the story?If it's that by all mean i agree ,but more info about the game size and what's in it?Then many many people will gladly want a direct.And it would be hilarious that this game gets a direct,cause you said it won't for no reason.

No, there's a reason. Looking back through Nintendo's direct history, RPGs and Adventure games haven't gotten many game specific directs in the west. The only exception is Pokemon, which is also a game that is very easy to break down into components and has much lesser emphasis on exploration and story (also, one was an announcement direct, while the other had very little information).

Large RPGs and Adventure games like XCX and Zelda are built on the player stepping into a mostly new world. The key to those game is teasing just enough to get the player interested but not spoil too much of what the world looks like, what there is to explore, what the dungeons are, what the story is, etc. That's why they aren't giving them game specific directs.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Spoony_Tech

iKhan wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

iKhan wrote:

BassLostie wrote:

No, there's a reason. Looking back through Nintendo's direct history, RPGs and Adventure games haven't gotten many game specific directs in the west. The only exception is Pokemon, which is also a game that is very easy to break down into components and has much lesser emphasis on exploration and story (also, one was an announcement direct, while the other had very little information).

Large RPGs and Adventure games like XCX and Zelda are built on the player stepping into a mostly new world. The key to those game is teasing just enough to get the player interested but not spoil too much of what the world looks like, what there is to explore, what the dungeons are, what the story is, etc. That's why they aren't giving them game specific directs.

They could show one hour of tree house footage and only give away 1% of the game or less. I think this game needs a direct as it could have crossover appeal to the other next gen fans.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

iKhan

Spoony_Tech wrote:

iKhan wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

iKhan wrote:

BassLostie wrote:

They could show one hour of tree house footage and only give away 1% of the game or less. I think this game needs a direct as it could have crossover appeal to the other next gen fans.

But that treehouse footage was a mostly unedited single portion of the game. A direct would be multifaceted. You would be debriefed on most mechanics and see a pretty wide variety of areas. There are other better ways to spread word of the game beyond a direct. For example they could create a limited demo and offer it to well known Youtubers.

Edited on by iKhan

OmegaMetroid93

Yup. More info should be coming this month.
And I heard something about a Nintendno Direct on January 27.. Can somebody confirm or deny this?
Either way, if that's true, I think we can expect a new trailer or something there.

EDIT: Looks like the Direct on January 27th was just a rumour. I kinda figured, but still.
Well, I still expect a Direct early this year. January or February.

EDIT2: And I gotta be honest, I agree with iKhan. I don't want a dedicated Direct on XCX.
I want the vast, vast majority of the areas in the game and the story to remain unspoiled until release here in the west. If there's something like mech customization, I'd love to hear about that beforehand but I don't know if a dedicated Direct would be necessary for that. Just keep info about the game coming during regular Directs and on the website and that'll be enough for me.

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

triforcepower73

I think it'd be cool if they did a Direct with footage on XCX on the 23rd of January. That would be the 2 year anniversary of the announcement trailer for what was then called "X."

triforcepower73

I agree with @iKhan and @OmegaMetroid93 about not having a XCX-only Direct. I want to see as little as possible of the world(and at the same time I want to see all of it! haha). But with the game almost certainly releasing in Japan before NA and EU it'll be hard enough already not to watch cutscenes and such. At this point, all I need to keep me going till the release date is just another bit of footage similar to the video they showed in the November Direct. Just a few more details on things like the gamepad's implementation, quest management, more about the satellite thing that went up in the air, etc. And also a new music track from the soundtrack god, Hiroyuki Sawano, would be much appreciated! Since they've been releasing the trailer music tracks in order of when they showed the trailers, maybe the music from the E3 story trailer will be next. I can't wait for this game!

Blast

Since this game will be super serious and drama filled... I really hope comedy and the good quality fanservice (I explained it way earlier in this thread) balances out the tension.

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic