Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 4,371

triforcepower73

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

About the whole interplanetary travel thing... I really doubt that will happen. I mean, the basic premise of the game is that you crash on an uncharted planet, and then you explore it. So it would seem a bit weird if they just suddenly up and left the planet for some other place, especially after establishing a living there with NLA.
It just doesn't seem likely to me.
Maybe you'll have something towards the end of the game where you travel to a few exclusive areas. Maybe you'll go to Growth's homeplanet at some point towards the final battle (if they are indeed the main enemy). That could be cool.

I doubt it too. Like I said I'm just making some fan speculations. And going to Growth's homeworld for story purposes, and maybe near the end, like you said, was kind of what I meant when I was talking about going to other planets. It could be like the Mechonis.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

OmegaMetroid93

Yes, then I suppose I could see that happening.
But I kinda feel like they'll really make the most out of Planet Mira.

Also, and maybe I'm just very behind on this, but I was watching that one snippet of battle gameplay that was released with a mech fighting some big monkey-type enemy.
And I noticed two things:

• At one point in the fight, the mech starts hovering and attacking. This basically confirms aerial combat, which is crazy exciting to me.
  • Towards the end, the monkey leaps towards the mech and rips off one of it's arms.. What exactly does that mean?
    Does it just mean your mech can get damaged during fights or is there another implication to it?

What do you think?

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

TheLilK98

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Also, and maybe I'm just very behind on this, but I was watching that one snippet of battle gameplay that was released with a mech fighting some big monkey-type enemy.

• At one point in the fight, the mech starts hovering and attacking. This basically confirms aerial combat, which is crazy exciting to me.
  • Towards the end, the monkey leaps towards the mech and rips off one of it's arms.. What exactly does that mean?
    Does it just mean your mech can get damaged during fights or is there another implication to it?

What do you think?

The aerial combat's been confirmed since the reveal teaser. As for the arm, the mech had arts that utilized it, and they were unusable after it was ripped off.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

triforcepower73

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

What do you think?

As @TheLiIK98 said, aerial combat has been confirmed for some time now. And about the arm getting ripped off, it wouldn't surprise me if there were doll maintenance guys in NLA that repair the damage to your doll(damage inflicted by enemies from battle or just general wear and tear on the machine). It could either simply cost money to repair, or you could maybe do a favor for them.

OmegaMetroid93

I guess I was just slow on the uptake then.
That does get me excited for the possibilities of fights really high above the ground though.

And does that arm-thing POSSIBLY hint towards customizable dolls? Or is that too optimistic thinking?

OmegaMetroid93

TheLilK98

I don't remember the specifics, but I think one of the mechs had a special name while the others were more generic. If I remember correctly, some of them actually had the same name but looked completely different.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

triforcepower73

TheLilK98 wrote:

There's a trailer compilation that goes from the reveal to the last Direct here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj7TzPq309Y
Speaking of which, do we think we're getting a direct this month?

That video really shows how far the game has come since the reveal in Janurary 2013. And I wouldn't be surprised if we got a special footage for the game during a Nintendo direct similar to the direct in January two years ago. Kind of a "two year anniversary" sort of thing.

OmegaMetroid93

I feel like they just showed off the game in a direct recently, so they won't do it again. Maybe we'll get one in february... But I dunno, I wouldn't count on it.
What I'm REALLY looking forward to would be a dedicated direct once the game nears release in Japan this spring. That'll be awesome!

OmegaMetroid93

TheLilK98

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

I feel like they just showed off the game in a direct recently, so they won't do it again. Maybe we'll get one in february... But I dunno, I wouldn't count on it.
What I'm REALLY looking forward to would be a dedicated direct once the game nears release in Japan this spring. That'll be awesome!

It was in the November Direct, where hunting naked creatures was confirmed by Iwata.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

OmegaMetroid93

Indeed. I can't wait to do that! It's funny, because I really thought that's what it sounded like.. Then I go online and find out it'd already become a thing. XD

OmegaMetroid93

triforcepower73

OMG Hiroyuki Sawano is composing the soundtrack for XCX and, as everyone knows, he did the soundtrack for Attack on Titan! But it just occurred to me that while this game has mechs and an epic space opera story like Gundam Unicorn, which he did the music for too, and also a "humanity's fight for survival" theme going on like AoT, the main character will HUNT NAKED CREATURES. It's even more like AoT than I thought.

The reasons why Takahashi chose Sawano for the composer role are becoming clearer every day...

TheLilK98

He also composed Aldnoah Zero's sound track, and it's an anime about humans fighting a losing war with martians (who are also humans, just...you know....on mars.) IN MECHS. The human made mechs in that show actually look a lot like some of the XCX mechs.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

CaviarMeths

TheLilK98 wrote:

He also composed Aldnoah Zero's sound track, and it's an anime about humans fighting a losing war with martians (who are also humans, just...you know....on mars.) IN MECHS. The human made mechs in that show actually look a lot like some of the XCX mechs.

Are you sure you're not talking about Mars of Destruction? Pretty sure Beethoven did the score for that.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

triforcepower73 wrote:

OMG Hiroyuki Sawano is composing the soundtrack for XCX and, as everyone knows, he did the soundtrack for Attack on Titan! But it just occurred to me that while this game has mechs and an epic space opera story like Gundam Unicorn, which he did the music for too, and also a "humanity's fight for survival" theme going on like AoT, the main character will HUNT NAKED CREATURES. It's even more like AoT than I thought.

The reasons why Takahashi chose Sawano for the composer role are becoming clearer every day...

I was hoping you were stretching "naked" to mean it was relevant to Kill la Kill. Which would've made me legit lol.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

OmegaMetroid93

Oh yeah, he did the soundtrack for that too, no?
I hear a lot of people say Gundam Unicorn is his best work... I need to listen to that.
I really like what I've heard so far in XCX though. Particularly the daytime Primordial Wilderness theme. So, so epic...
Not sure how I feel about rap in the main battle theme though, but I suppose it can be good. We'll see.
I just really want the full song rips..
And I have absolutely no idea how I'll be able to cope with not looking up stuff about the game once it's out in japan but we have to wait half a year for the game to come out here.
Non worldwide releases are the worst. :c

OmegaMetroid93

triforcepower73

Yeah I'm in the group that thinks Gundam Unicorn is his best work. Mainly because it's more balanced between the grand, epic tracks and the soft, more intimate ones than a lot of his other scores.

triforcepower73

kkslider5552000 wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

I was hoping you were stretching "naked" to mean it was relevant to Kill la Kill. Which would've made me legit lol.

Haha I don't really consider Ryuko Matoi a "creature."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic