Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 4,371

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

Blast wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

A Silent protag will work since, cross is just going to surrounded by the events going on around him.

Uhhhh... No. I don't like that at all. A silent protagonist in a heavy drama like this game is just wrong, in my opinion.

Skyrim gets fine with, we still don't know if the game has dialogue trees like other RPGS. Even having with the story being epic your character probably won't be central to the story.

But we still haven't seen much gameplay aside from the initial treehouse footage.

I'm with @Blast. A JRPG is generally about telling a story outside of yourself. I don't want to be myself, I want to play as Lloyd Irving, or Mark Evans, or another protagonist.

The exceptions are generally JRPGs without story focus like Pokemon or Monster Hunter.

I haven't played Skyrim, but is it not mostly sidequest driven without a main story focus?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

iKhan wrote:

I haven't played Skyrim, but is it not mostly sidequest driven without a main story focus?

There's a story focus, but it's really about writing it yourself.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

iKhan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Blast wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

A Silent protag will work since, cross is just going to surrounded by the events going on around him.

Uhhhh... No. I don't like that at all. A silent protagonist in a heavy drama like this game is just wrong, in my opinion.

Skyrim gets fine with, we still don't know if the game has dialogue trees like other RPGS. Even having with the story being epic your character probably won't be central to the story.

But we still haven't seen much gameplay aside from the initial treehouse footage.

I'm with @Blast. A JRPG is generally about telling a story outside of yourself. I don't want to be myself, I want to play as Lloyd Irving, or Mark Evans, or another protagonist.

The exceptions are generally JRPGs without story focus like Pokemon or Monster Hunter.

Mother 3.
Chrono Trigger.

...nuff said

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

@kkslider5552000 I still say Cross should have a personality like Shepard. I wince every time I see him just standing there emotionless in cutscenes of trailers.

You know what's gonna happen? Elma will be the most loved character from fans in the entire game. I'm calling it.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

triforcepower73

shingi_70 wrote:

Blast wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

I think the most likely way they're going to go is have dialogue options.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

OmegaMetroid93

Blast wrote:

@kkslider5552000 I still say Cross should have a personality like Shepard. I wince every time I see him just standing there emotionless in cutscenes of trailers.

You know what's gonna happen? Elma will be the most loved character from fans in the entire game. I'm calling it.

Can you point to a specific scene?
Cuz I'm not seeing it.

And I wouldn't say that. We haven't even seen all the characters yet. And even if we have, we know absolutely nothing about them besides their (probably not even final) appearance.

OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

That's what I mean. We haven't seen anything that even requires emotion on the part of any character, really.

OmegaMetroid93

triforcepower73

Who knows? Elma could simply be the tutorial guide person, although I kinda highly doubt that.

Blast

I know we haven't seen complete cut scenes but the little bit I catch of Cross in them... He's literally just standing there. There's very brief moments in the trailers where you can catch Cross just standing there in a cutscene. It worries me because its a step back...
Not forward, in my opinion. But we'll see whose right when we see a complete cutscene.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

triforcepower73

Upon rewatching the treehouse gameplay footage again, I just noticed that during a loading screen after Ethan wakes up from the stasis pod, it says "Prologue Planet Mira." What do you guys make of this? For a second when I read that, I thought "Interplanetary travel!!" and Mira is the prologue planet. I also remember reading an interview somewhere that hinted at interplanetary travel, but it could just be that because they're still translating the text, and it's actually supposed to be like:
"Prologue
Planet: Mira"
Idk what do you think?

Edited on by triforcepower73

Twiglingen

triforcepower73 wrote:

Upon rewatching the treehouse gameplay footage again, I just noticed that during a loading screen after Ethan wakes up from the stasis pod, it says "Prologue Planet Mira." What do you guys make of this? For a second when I read that, I thought "Interplanetary travel!!" and Mira is the prologue planet. I also remember reading an interview somewhere that hinted at interplanetary travel, but it could just be that because they're still translating the text, and it's actually supposed to be like:
"Prologue
Idk what do you think?

If it is just the first planet and the world is that big for just the first planet...this game may have the largest overworld ever for an RPG.

Working on the profile pic. Trying to find a good one for me.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9841-0384

triforcepower73

Twiglingen wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

"Prologue
Idk what do you think?

If it is just the first planet and the world is that big for just the first planet...this game may have the largest overworld ever for an RPG.

This game is supposed to be MORE than 5x bigger than XC. And if that's true, I could see interplanetary travel being not too unlikely. After all if they had like 5 planets, each the size of Xenoblade Chronicles' world, then that could be pretty amazing. Or if they had 2 or 3 planets that would still be awesome. It could also help the story. Maybe the brownish alien territory looking part of the E3 2013 trailer is the home planet of Growth or something and the story takes you there. So many possibilities.

triforcepower73

There were 20(I think) areas in XC. In XCX there could be 5 times as many areas or they could still stick with around 20 areas and just make them 5 times bigger than the ones in XC. If they do the former, there will be about 100 areas(I kind of doubt this will happen though). Now say they distribute the 100 areas between 3 planets, Mira, the Growth homeworld, and the other alien race's homeworld. There would be 33 areas on each planet, each of those areas being approximately the size of the areas in XC.

Take all this with a grain of salt because I'm just speculating in my head.

TheLilK98

triforcepower73 wrote:

Twiglingen wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

"Prologue
EDIT: I'd love to be proven wrong though!
Idk what do you think?

This game is supposed to be MORE than 5x bigger than XC. And if that's true, I could see interplanetary travel being not too unlikely. After all if they had like 5 planets, each the size of Xenoblade Chronicles' world, then that could be pretty amazing. Or if they had 2 or 3 planets that would still be awesome. It could also help the story. Maybe the brownish alien territory looking part of the E3 2013 trailer is the home planet of Growth or something and the story takes you there. So many possibilities.

We shouldn't get our hopes up too high, but that would be amazing. As for the text, it's probably Prologue: Planet Mira.

Edited on by TheLilK98

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

triforcepower73

TheLilK98 wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

Twiglingen wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

"Prologue
EDIT: I'd love to be proven wrong though!
Idk what do you think?

We shouldn't get our hopes up too high, but that would be amazing. As for the text, it's probably Prologue: Planet Mira.

There's no way I'm going to be disappointed with this game. At this point, if all I got to play was the first hour of the game, I would be completely satisfied. I just wanna play the freakin game haha!

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

to be fair, I will never be against ideas from Mass Effect like this. Unless someone implies they want the game to have a terrible ending.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

OmegaMetroid93

Blast, I definitely agree that I'd rather him have his own personality, but to say that he's completely devoid of emotion is.. a little silly, considering how much we've actually seen so far.
You say he's "just standing there".
Well, then what are the others doing? As far as I can tell, they're just standing there too.
We have yet to see Cross (or any of the characters for that matter) in a situation that would require them to show emotion and/or expression.

OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

About the whole interplanetary travel thing... I really doubt that will happen. I mean, the basic premise of the game is that you crash on an uncharted planet, and then you explore it. So it would seem a bit weird if they just suddenly up and left the planet for some other place, especially after establishing a living there with NLA.
It just doesn't seem likely to me.
Maybe you'll have something towards the end of the game where you travel to a few exclusive areas. Maybe you'll go to Growth's homeplanet at some point towards the final battle (if they are indeed the main enemy). That could be cool.

OmegaMetroid93

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic