Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 4,371

JoyBoy

CanisWolfred wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I guess if by "expecting you to have fun" you mean that the game opens up the core gameplay to the player, then yeah, I do see what you are saying.

Yes, this is what I meant. The beginning of Xenoblade is a blast once you're allowed to go off the beaten path, which I feel you're encouraged to do. My favorite experience in Xenoblade was narrowly avoiding the level 60 pirahnas in the Colony 9 lake only to encounter the Lvl 80 dinosaurs and dodos on the other side, narrowly outrunning them and making it back to safety.

I love how a big part of the game is just running around and it's still very good.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

iKhan

SpookyMeths wrote:

In my second playthrough, I made it a point not to continue to the next map until I had uncovered as much as the current one as possible. It's a truly wondrous game. Definitely the most explore-worthy game I've ever played in my life.

For me, I always find it a struggle to balance exploration with story. Sometimes I get to a new area, and I just want to look around, but sometimes I just want to see what the next juicy plot point is.

I think Xenoblade is good about striking a balance, though I will say one of my biggest issues with Xenoblade was finding the name quests. I'm watching Chuggaaconroy's LP right now, and there is a bunch of stuff I missed out on simply because I wasn't at exactly the right place at exactly the right time. Particularly quest chains, which I thought I was done with when I finished them, mostly because I just didn't run into the next character in the chain and realize there was a chain.

The more I think about it, the more problems I realize I have with Xenoblade Chronicles. But I still love it, which is a testament to how fun the core gameplay is.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

iKhan wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

In my second playthrough, I made it a point not to continue to the next map until I had uncovered as much as the current one as possible. It's a truly wondrous game. Definitely the most explore-worthy game I've ever played in my life.

I think Xenoblade is good about striking a balance, though I will say one of my biggest issues with Xenoblade was finding the name quests. I'm watching Chuggaaconroy's LP right now, and there is a bunch of stuff I missed out on simply because I wasn't at exactly the right place at exactly the right time. Particularly quest chains, which I thought I was done with when I finished them, mostly because I just didn't run into the next character in the chain and realize there was a chain.

You know there's a journal that keeps track of all of your chain quests and tells you when NPCs will be out, right? Only place I struggled with was Frontier Village, because it's hard to find the quest markers on the map with so many levels.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

iKhan

SpookyMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

You know there's a journal that keeps track of all of your chain quests and tells you when NPCs will be out, right? Only place I struggled with was Frontier Village, because it's hard to find the quest markers on the map with so many levels.

I know the journal tracks multi-task quests and tells you where NPCs you've met will be. But what I mean by "chain quests" are a series of different quests that involve a group of characters. Each step needs to be initiated by talking to a specific character. As far as I'm aware, there is no notification.

Even if you knew where a character would be at a certain time, you had no way of knowing that character had a quest until you spotted them in the world or on your minimap. I get that it adds to the sense of exploration, as you have to explore both in time and space, but in my opinion it was just too much, such that it becomes overwhelming.

Also, maybe this is just me, but I'd really like to see Xenoblade X try to tackle some puzzles in it's dungeons. I think it would make some really frustrating areas like the Ether Mines more interesting and enjoyable. They don't have to be like Zelda level puzzles or anything, but just something to stretch my brain a bit.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

A small bit from the director of the game, confirming online play at the very least.

Xenoblade Chronicles X Executive Director Tetsuya Takahashi of Monolith Soft recently spoke more about the upcoming Wii U title on Twitter, about how he wanted to create something a little more sci-fi using Xenoblade as a base. Today, he updated with a few more tidbits about the game’s current status.

“This is a continuation of our my previous talk,” Takahashi noted.

He continued: “The development [of Xenoblade Chronicles X] did have its twists and turns, but we were able to finish up (just a little more until it’s complete) Xenoblade Chronicles X in the sci-fi world we aimed for from the beginning in a seamless open-world with online play, and I feel that we were able to overcome several obstacles as far as game development goes.”

“With the vast world that was shown when Iwata-san introduced the game in the Nintendo Direct the other day, it would bring me great pleasure to have you folks get to thoroughly explore it.”

Xenoblade Chronicles X will release in Japan in Spring 2015, and sometime in 2015 for North America and Europe for Wii U.

My guess is for the states and Europe Xenoblade Chronicles in the spring and X will be one of Nintendo's big fall games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

XCX IS coming 2015!!!!!! Muhahaha heck yeah!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Ryno

I'm Really Feeling It

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

shingi_70

Yeah you can probably split what's Nintendo's whole catalog will be for next year.

Early 2015 (January-May)
Yoshi's Wholly World
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Mario Party 10

Mid 2015 (May -September)
Splatoon
Mario Maker
Devil's Third
Project Guard
Project Giant Robot

Late 2015 (September - December)
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Star Fox
Legend of Zelda

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Spoony_Tech

The confirmation of this coming put in 2015 Just makes me feel even more like Zelda U will not hit next year. They may need something to release in 16 at this rate.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ryno

If Nintendo released all that for 2015, that would go down as the greatest year ever for Nintendo.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Blast

Spoony_Tech wrote:

The confirmation of this coming put in 2015 Just makes me feel even more like Zelda U will not hit next year. They may need something to release in 16 at this rate.

They can always announce other huge games. The next big Mario Wii U game should be in 2016 along with Animal Crossing U and hopefully... Mario Strikers: HD.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

Yeah you can probably split what's Nintendo's whole catalog will be for next year.

Early 2015 (January-May)
Yoshi's Wholly World
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Mario Party 10

Mid 2015 (May -September)
Splatoon
Mario Maker
Devil's Third
Project Guard
Project Giant Robot

Late 2015 (September - December)
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Star Fox
Legend of Zelda

HYPE!!!!!!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

Ryno

Blast wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

They can always announce other huge games. The next big Mario Wii U game should be in 2016 along with Animal Crossing U and hopefully... Mario Strikers: HD.

And whatever Retro is working on. Then throw in some Diddy Kong Racing 2 rumors and the Wii U's future is looking pretty good.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Spoony_Tech

Blast wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

There better be a Metroid or 2 in that as well and I'll be ecstatic!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Blast

Ryno wrote:

Blast wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

And whatever Retro is working on. Then throw in some Diddy Kong Racing 2 rumors and the Wii U's future is looking pretty good.

Heck yeah!!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Blast wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

There better be a Metroid or 2 in that as well and I'll be ecstatic!

I think its 2016 too

Master of the Hype Train

shingi_70

Eh Donkey Kong Racing 2 would be too close to Mario fKart for my tastes. If nintendo wants to do some new stuff I'd want to see.

Metroid
Star Tropics
1080 Snow Boarding
ExciteBike
Punchout
Golden Sun
Custom Robo

WAT!

CaviarMeths

A Golden Sun game on the Wii U would be amazing, but there's about 0% chance that Nintendo would give Camelot the budget to do that. They barely seemed profitable as sprite-based GBA/DS games.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

2016 will also show more games like Hyrule Warriors, I think. Maybe Fatal Frame gets localized. Hopefully Mega Man gets his own Wii U game.

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic