Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 4,371

iKhan

This game better sell well.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

kkslider5552000

iKhan wrote:

This game better sell well.

I would think so tbh. The initial backlash when people didn't think we would get the previous game has seemingly lead to the game constantly being talked about since then, way more than most JRPGs tbh. It seems like it will do quite well. Not like a Mario game or whatever, but still a solid B-level popular Nintendo title, especially because of Smash Bros bringing the IP way more relevance.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

It should do well based on the fact that it and Zelda wil be the only AAA RPG games of its type on the system, barring any new IP or third party partnerships. Wheras on the other systems you have the games like Dragon Age, Lords of the Fallen, the witcher, alongside first party ones like Fable and Bloodborne.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

whodatninja

shingi_70 wrote:

It should do well based on the fact that it and Zelda wil be the only AAA RPG games of its type on the system, barring any new IP or third party partnerships. Wheras on the other systems you have the games like Dragon Age, Lords of the Fallen, the witcher, alongside first party ones like Fable and Bloodborne.

Depends on what you're interested in. Me I could care less about those third party titles save for maybe Bloodborne (it looks cool)

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

shingi_70

whodatninja wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Depends on what you're interested in. Me I could care less about those third party titles save for maybe Bloodborne (it looks cool)

Of course it depends on your interest, but i'm talking generly the Wii U will be much lighter on that type of big RPG/Adventure game than the PS4?xbox one. Off the top of my head on the other systems you have

Dragon Age Inquisition
Lords of the Fallen
Final Fantasy Type-0
Bloodborne (PS4)
Bound by Flame (PS4)
The Witcher 3
Fable Legends (ONE)
Final Fantasy XV
Cyberpunk 2077

The Wii U seems to be getting all of the indie RPGS which is a good thing. I'm really looking forward to alot of those next year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

whodatninja

shingi_70 wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Of course it depends on your interest, but i'm talking generly the Wii U will be much lighter on that type of big RPG/Adventure game than the PS4?xbox one. Off the top of my head on the other systems you have

Dragon Age Inquisition
Lords of the Fallen
Final Fantasy Type-0
Bloodborne (PS4)
Bound by Flame (PS4)
The Witcher 3
Fable Legends (ONE)
Final Fantasy XV
Cyberpunk 2077

The Wii U seems to be getting all of the indie RPGS which is a good thing. I'm really looking forward to alot of those next year.

Not really... I will give you FFXV, Bloodborne and Dragon Age, but I would hardly call Fable Legends and Final Fantasy Type O "big AAA" games. First is a co-op action game and the other is a PSP port. I also have not heard any buzz around Lords of the Fallen or Bound By Flame, and Cyberpunk 2077 (cant wait for this one btw) isn't coming out before 2015 at the earliest - possibly PC-only... Scratch that, 2015 is next year!? Man times go fast! Okay points for that one!

And i think we're all forgetting about Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem here

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

shingi_70

Well AAA is mostly semantics but I'm just using RPGS in general are few and far between on Wii U compared to the other two systems.

Bound by flame is totally discount Dragon Age and is apparently a very meh game. Lords of the Fallen is that darksouls rip off an and apparently it did very well for the publisher. Fable legends I wouldn't call the AAA but its fun despite, me wanting a regular RPG.

Honestly man I forget that fire emblem X Metatrn is thing.

WAT!

triforcepower73

Guys if they don't show anything of Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem at next year's E3, I don't know how I'll feel. They showed ONE 30 sec clip that didn't even have any gameplay or cutscenes or anything at the beginning of last year and nothing since then. They better show it.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

shingi_70

Is the main development on that being done by Atlus or Intelligent Systems?

WAT!

shingi_70

Even without seeing the game it sounds like a very weird cross over TBH.

WAT!

CanisWolfred

Not really. It's going to be a regular JRPG gameplay-wise, but the story could work if they base it on SMT IV like it seemed like they were trying to do, though it does seem like it'll be set in Modern Time...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Well that would mean Square would be interested in any major attempts at new IP or bringing back old franchises. Despite the fact that BD was a huge success, they don't seem to be trying anything new elsewhere. Even on the Edios side they have sat on their Laurels more than they should have.

I was hoping for a new game in the Crystal Chronicles series myself.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

I was hoping for a new game in the Crystal Chronicles series myself.

This would make too much sense, so it won't happen of course. It's pretty obvious that SE is just comfortable with 3DS instead...which to be fair, good on them on that entirely logic choice.

whodatninja

They should make a new Chrono Trigger! Wii U exclusive

Or release Mother trilogy on the Estore!

(More RPGs is always a good thing!)

whodatninja

whodatninja

DiscoGentleman wrote:

If a Chrono Trigger sequel was made, you best believe me that I'm going out and buying anything to get me that game. I'd even buy an Xbox one if it were an exclusive. I'd spread it out over multiple credit cards- I don't care. I need another game in that series more than I need a stable life, children etc.

The (gentle)man speaks the truth!

whodatninja

Andyliini

Never got into Chrono Trigger. Tried it a few times, but always quit at some point, the story just wasn't interesting, IIRC. It has been a while since I played it, though. Same with Square's Vagrant Story. I never understood anything of it.

Xenoblade hronicles though. One of the best games ever, and my 2nd favorite RPG ever.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Andyliini wrote:

Never got into Chrono Trigger. Tried it a few times, but always quit at some point, the story just wasn't interesting, IIRC. It has been a while since I played it, though. Same with Square's Vagrant Story. I never understood anything of it.

Xenoblade hronicles though. One of the best games ever, and my 2nd favorite RPG ever.

The story is interesting enough once you get to the Magical city in the past. But for the most part, it's not some grand epic, and that's why it works. It's a character driven adventure with quite a bit of heart. I'd definitely give it another go someday if I were you. Also remember that back then even RPGs had practically non-existant stories...so the fact this one stays focused on it enough was actually unique at the time.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

iKhan

Can we get back to talking about Xenoblade X now?

I'm really looking forward to seeing the quest structure and more of the story for this game. The world seems wonderfully huge, and the combat seems better than Xenoblade's

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

kkslider5552000

I hope it can break the JRPG slow start cliche like the last game did. Xenoblade had a brilliant intro, it gave you a story before actually beginning the story.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic