Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 4,371

Blast

Releasing XCX and Zelda U so close together is suicide. XCX should be Summer 2015 and Zelda U should hit November 2015.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

triforcepower73

Blast wrote:

Releasing XCX and Zelda U so close together is suicide. XCX should be Summer 2015 and Zelda U should hit November 2015.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

luisesteban

With a difference of a month or two, there wouldn't be any problem.

luisesteban

CanisWolfred

Releasing two long games with similar draws and fanbases even a month apart would not be a good idea simply because there are people who would be too into one game to pick up the other. It might not kill sales, but when you need people to buy as soon as possible, it's better for all all your releases if you space it out a bit more.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

JoyBoy

Aaah, I think releasing those two games at the same time ain't so bad as it sounds... I mean, It's not like these are the kind of games you can solely focus all your time and energy on or anything.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

OmegaMetroid93

It's not going to be summer because they won't be able to localize it in time for that.
I'm sticking to my prediction of October.

OmegaMetroid93

Spoony_Tech

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

It's not going to be summer because they won't be able to localize it in time for that.

All the more reason I believe one of the games will slip to 2016. I still say with the ambitious Take on Zelda they will run into a lot of things that will slow progress down on development. Where as Chronicles has more experience with vast and deep worlds.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

OmegaMetroid93

To be fair, localization of the original Xenoblade took about a year longer after the japanese release...
Hopefully, that won't be the case with this game and we'll actually get a release date at E3 2015.

OmegaMetroid93

Octane

I think they'll release both games on the same day, but give you an option to play either one. Choose one, and the other game will be permanently disabled on your system. I think that's the best solution to this problem.

DiscoGentleman wrote:

I'm thinking Zelda may not come out 2015. It'll be holiday 2015 at the earliest, and it's in their best interest to release it around then, but I just can't see it being released that soon.
We know Xenoblade X is well nearing completion, so I see that sooner.

I really don't understand why everyone is worried about Zelda? Of course they'll release it during holiday 2015, that's what they always do. It's their flagship game of 2015. It's won't be delayed.

Octane

OmegaMetroid93

Plenty of Zelda-games have been delayed in the past.

OmegaMetroid93

CanisWolfred

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Any company that's making and publishing a game with full intention of bringing it to both sides of the pond should be localizing it at the same time they're making it. With the close releases of their Pokemon and console Zelda games, I think Ninty's got this all figured out now...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

DiscoGentleman wrote:

@CanisWolfred they do that, but sometimes you have too few translators for how many games are in development.
Also, since this is MonolithSoft and not Nintendo R&D, I think it may be translated/localized by a different team than typical Nintendo games.

Which means they can do it at the same time as development.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Blast

The next time we see this game at E3 2015 we better start seeing more English text in the game.

Master of the Hype Train

DefHalan

I don't know of a single game that has the story done at the beginning or even in the middle of development. Translating/localization is a difficult jod, not as easy as running text through Google Translate. Not only do translators have to change words from one language to another but also understand their meaning and make sure that translates too, which means sometimes editing things to work.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

iKhan

DefHalan wrote:

I don't know of a single game that has the story done at the beginning or even in the middle of development. Translating/localization is a difficult jod, not as easy as running text through Google Translate. Not only do translators have to change words from one language to another but also understand their meaning and make sure that translates too, which means sometimes editing things to work.

They do that with the Tales series apparently.
http://www.jbgnews.com/2014/11/producer-hideo-baba-the-tales-...

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

I'm just curious about what the rest of this board thinks. If Xenoblade X is a full MMO, are you still interested in buying it?

Personally, that would basically kill the game in my eyes. Not because I'm closed minded or that I don't think MMOs are good. But because I have a tendency to get addicted to things, so I avoid MMO's for the sake of my own productivity.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

iKhan wrote:

I'm just curious about what the rest of this board thinks. If Xenoblade X is a full MMO, are you still interested in buying it?

Personally, that would basically kill the game in my eyes. Not because I'm closed minded or that I don't think MMOs are good. But because I have a tendency to get addicted to things, so I avoid MMO's for the sake of my own productivity.

... This game isn't a MMO. Its not always online. It just has a online multiplayer feature to play with friends.

Master of the Hype Train

kkslider5552000

My interest (or at least excitement) would be badly damaged by it being an MMO. Making a large game like this work well and be consistently fun is difficult enough for single player. In theory multiplayer would fill a gap but it seems to always just add more complications, especially of the budget variety.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

My interest (or at least excitement) would be badly damaged by it being an MMO. Making a large game like this work well and be consistently fun is difficult enough for single player. In theory multiplayer would fill a gap but it seems to always just add more complications, especially of the budget variety.

This game isn't a MMO. This isn't FF 14.

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic