Forums

Topic: Wonderfull 101 demo impressions

Posts 21 to 40 of 110

Cyberbotv2

The trailer alone looks hardcore as hell. This aint a game for a peanut butter and jam eating wide thumb man child in his basement. I'll give the demo a try on the weekend when I have time.

Cyberbotv2

19Robb92

I just realized that you're not stuck to the "main heroes" when playing. You can actually choose whichever hero you want to play out of all the ones you pick up. It's pretty fantastic

My current team of three consists of a kid dressed out as a NES controller, a guy wearing a huge glass of beer on his head and a guy wearing a train. Can't go wrong with that, lol

This is hilarious.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

banacheck

Cyberbotv2 wrote:

The trailer alone looks hardcore as hell. This aint a game for a peanut butter and jam eating wide thumb man child in his basement. I'll give the demo a try on the weekend when I have time.

This game is aimed at casuals, very easy,easy,normal? where is hard extra hard etc, where are the combo's. the two buttom combo don't count A+B, mainly it's tapping X or A. The game is far from there Metal Gear Rising, the HUB is full of stuff and the camera angles are not good. But it is an alright game, just a bit to easy.

banacheck

faint

These days hard difficulty quite often has to be unlocked

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

NewbieOrNah

I just played the demo, and it was really complicated. I had no idea what I was doing, and the demo didn't do a very good job of explaining much. Overall, the experience was just confusing. This solidifies the decision I made not to buy the game.

NewbieOrNah

3DS Friend Code: 0318-8873-5118 | Nintendo Network ID: KingH3nrry

Kewlan

banacheck wrote:

This game is aimed at casuals, very easy,easy,normal? where is hard extra hard etc, where are the combo's. the two buttom combo don't count A+B, mainly it's tapping X or A. The game is far from there Metal Gear Rising, the HUB is full of stuff and the camera angles are not good. But it is an alright game, just a bit to easy.

When you choose difficulty, you can clearly see that there is empty spots for harder ones.
In the direct, they showed how you could unlock combos, and you can even turn them on or off.
I don't know which HUB you are talking about.
And yes, the camera angles and wide-ness pretty much suck.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Kewlan

To be specific, he talks about it here: http://youtu.be/AyKR-myMjZU?t=11m30s

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

NewbieOrNah

@Kewlan You guys do know that you can zoom out, right?

NewbieOrNah

3DS Friend Code: 0318-8873-5118 | Nintendo Network ID: KingH3nrry

MAN1AC

Great demo.
It looks like Platinum has done it again. This will be a day one purchase for me.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

Kewlan

KingH3nrry wrote:

@Kewlan You guys do know that you can zoom out, right?

I do, but that's not enough.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

tovare

i liked the fact that defensive moves also mattered. a bit confusing with all the moves and what benefit is there to changing hero ?

tovare

Kyloctopus

Its really rewarding to take everything in, and try to understand all they give you. Its fun.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

MAN1AC

banacheck wrote:

Cyberbotv2 wrote:

Judging from the impression on here, a lot of people seem to be confused on what to do. It seemed easy to me but I guess some think too much is going on or have problems with the controls.

The demo doesn't seems to have a hard mode, but it does give you the opportunity to challenge yourself while completing the game. Its gives you a chance to try to platinum each aspect of the mission and factors in how much damage you took while completing it. Those aspects definitely aren't "casual".

Mk_II

A bit too hectic for my taste.. glad they made this demo so i could find out without forking over a lot of cash

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

SparkOfSpirit

If you think a game by Hideki Kamiya won't have a hard mode or challenge, then you haven't played many games by him.

The demo was an awesome sampler at showing what the game offered and I thought it succeeded. There is a lot to take in, but you can take it at your own pace and mess around. I will definitely be picking this up.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

MeWario

Super impressed

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

MAN1AC

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

If you think a game by Hideki Kamiya won't have a hard mode or challenge, then you haven't played many games by him.

The demo was an awesome sampler at showing what the game offered and I thought it succeeded. There is a lot to take in, but you can take it at your own pace and mess around. I will definitely be picking this up.

Yep.
Even the demo penalizes you for using items.

MAB

I wouldn't judge this game based on a demo. The Monster Hunter demo was crap but the actual game is awesome... W101 is obviously for hardcore gamers like me

MAB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.