Wii U Forum

Topic: Wind Waker HD

Showing 581 to 600 of 613

AuthorMessage

Romeo

581. Posted:

finally started playing this game.. loving it so far
but that's no surprise, really.... it's zelda =)

has anyone else been experience lag when throwing bombs though?

• im just a few hours in, but... there have been a few moments (+every bomb-throwing moment) when lag appears, that's quite annoying

i'm the first person to tell you that all that matters is gameplay (+story in singleplayer games), etc.... and i really don't care about graphics....
i don't care if the Wii U has worse hardware than the competition, none of that matters to me

but i'm also the first person that complains when there's lag.... there is absolutely NOTHING worse than lag in video games
if it only happens every now and then in single player games... i guess i don't mind, but i hope there will be absolutely NO lag in Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8
i just can't stand lag in online multiplayer games (because i've always played RTS PC-games... and even the tiniest amount of lag can be the reason for losing)
so... im a little concerned

• the Tingle Bottle feature (miiverse posts in a bottle) is absolutely pointless.........

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

582. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

MoogleMuffins wrote:

I really wonder why there was so much negativity to Wind Waker when it first came out, if it was to due with the visuals I can't imagine why. I love them.

I have to assume people were more interested in a more realistic style instead. Of course once we consistently got video games that actually tried to be realistic, many people realized "OH GOD WHAT HAVE WE DONE?!". I assume

Yeah I remember when I first saw the trailer I was like WTF NINTENDO WHAT DID YOU DO?! ARE YOU CRAZY!!!! I bought it anyway and after 2 seconds my mouth fell open because of the amazing style and graphics. Ever since I shut my mouth when I see a trailer lol.

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

cameronbelmont

583. Posted:

Just finished Wind Waker last night. I never played the original when it came out on GC (while I had a Gamecube, I think I was at a point in my life where gaming took a backseat and it kind of makes me sad based on how much fans loved the system). I thought it was a fun game. To be perfectly honest I was a little hesitant at first. The story and art style had me a little nervous. But overall I enjoyed both of them.

I am the type of person who doesn't realize how much he enjoyed a game until a few month after the fact when I am minding my own business and out of nowhere the soundtrack starts playing in my head and a flood of emotions comes roaring back. I have no doubt that this will happen and I will hear Dragon Roost, Offset Island, Windfall, the Forest Haven, or the Great Sea music in my head and I will remember how much fun I had with it. Decent soundtrack overall.

If I had to pick one thing I didn't like it was the last battle where Zelda and I were supposed to work together. I swear that chick couldn't shoot a bow if her life (in this case mine) depended on it. But having slept on it, I am not as frustrated by it as I was.

Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda Twilit Princess

AuthorMessage

Romeo

584. Posted:

Romeo wrote:

• im just a few hours in, but... there have been a few moments (+every bomb-throwing moment) when lag appears, that's quite annoying

i'm the first person to tell you that all that matters is gameplay (+story in singleplayer games), etc.... and i really don't care about graphics....
i don't care if the Wii U has worse hardware than the competition, none of that matters to me

but i'm also the first person that complains when there's lag.... there is absolutely NOTHING worse than lag in video games
if it only happens every now and then in single player games... i guess i don't mind, but i hope there will be absolutely NO lag in Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8
i just can't stand lag in online multiplayer games (because i've always played RTS PC-games... and even the tiniest amount of lag can be the reason for losing)

• the Tingle Bottle feature (miiverse posts in a bottle) is absolutely pointless.........

ok... now that i've almost finished this game, i'd like to add a few things..

like i said.. i don't really care for hardware... these arguments are pointless
when it comes to single player games.. i just want great gameplay, a great story, etc.... i don't care about graphics

when it comes to multiplayer games... i care about gameplay, balance, competition, online-modes, online-features, the community, etc + the game needs to run absolutely smoothly
i can't stand lag in multiplayer games, it's the worst.
if there is lag in single player games (from time to time), i don't really care... it happens, but it doesn't affect my ability to play and enjoy the game

BUT... the lag i'm encountering in Wind Waker HD is pretty terrible.
At first i only had lag whenever i was throwing a bomb.. which is already annoying and unacceptable, but as you get further in the game.. the lag increases
whenever a pillar crumbles.. whenever you're out on the sea and enemies fire cannonballs at you, etc.

i trust nintendo completely (except when it comes to online multiplayer + online-features), their games run smoothly 99% of the time and i really don't have to worry about all the hardware-discussions, etc.
they develop the greatest games for their own home consoles/handhelds.. thus they run absolutely beautifully

but now i am REALLY concered....
and i'm not just talking about their online-services, online multiplayer games (Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart 8) + the balance in SSB

im talking about the likeliness of lag in those games.. + possibly low FPS
also... the new Pokemon games X/Y were advertised as 3DS games (even though only the battles are in 3D), but the FPS in 3D-mode is pretty terrible... and the lag in Wind Waker HD is also unbearable

im actually beginning to worry about their next single player games, Zelda for example..
they'll run into certain limitations with their current hardware, i'm already experiencing more lag in the current games than i have in all the older Nintendo games combined

i now HIGHLY doubt that the next Zelda will look anything like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_fyOkrteqM
if it did.. it would probably be unplayable due to 10fps and constant lag

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

585. Posted:

Romeo wrote:

Romeo wrote:

ok... now that i've almost finished this game, i'd like to add a few things..

like i said.. i don't really care for hardware... these arguments are pointless
when it comes to single player games.. i just want great gameplay, a great story, etc.... i don't care about graphics

when it comes to multiplayer games... i care about gameplay, balance, competition, online-modes, online-features, the community, etc + the game needs to run absolutely smoothly
i can't stand lag in multiplayer games, it's the worst.
if there is lag in single player games (from time to time), i don't really care... it happens, but it doesn't affect my ability to play and enjoy the game

BUT... the lag i'm encountering in Wind Waker HD is pretty terrible.
At first i only had lag whenever i was throwing a bomb.. which is already annoying and unacceptable, but as you get further in the game.. the lag increases
whenever a pillar crumbles.. whenever you're out on the sea and enemies fire cannonballs at you, etc.

i trust nintendo completely (except when it comes to online multiplayer + online-features), their games run smoothly 99% of the time and i really don't have to worry about all the hardware-discussions, etc.
they develop the greatest games for their own home consoles/handhelds.. thus they run absolutely beautifully

but now i am REALLY concered....
and i'm not just talking about their online-services, online multiplayer games (Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart 8) + the balance in SSB

im talking about the likeliness of lag in those games.. + possibly low FPS
also... the new Pokemon games X/Y were advertised as 3DS games (even though only the battles are in 3D), but the FPS in 3D-mode is pretty terrible... and the lag in Wind Waker HD is also unbearable

im actually beginning to worry about their next single player games, Zelda for example..
they'll run into certain limitations with their current hardware, i'm already experiencing more lag in the current games than i have in all the older Nintendo games combined

i now HIGHLY doubt that the next Zelda will look anything like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_fyOkrteqM
if it did.. it would probably be unplayable due to 10fps and constant lag

Stop over thinking all of this. Sure Pokemon sucked but i've yet to hear anyone else complain about Wind Waker. This might have to do more with the fact it seemed rushed and it was a hd port then anything. I'm not worried in the slightest for the next Zelda and it will run most likely 60fps! Mario 3d World is a good example of how smooth a game can run from the ground up on the hardware.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

cameronbelmont

586. Posted:

I had zero lag when I played Wind Waker. None, nada, zip.

Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda Twilit Princess

AuthorMessage

spizzamarozzi

587. Posted:

I haven't noticed any lag at all too. Not even once.

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage

NightmareXIV

588. Posted:

Some people can get games broken from the store it's not the developers fault all the time. The Wind Waker is amazing, and
I haven't experienced any lag in it nor in Pokémon X, and Y.

Earlier release petiton

https://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-release-popular-games-in-america-sooner#share

3DS Friend Code: 1134-7192-3429 | Nintendo Network ID: NightmareXIV

AuthorMessage

renaryuugufan92

589. Posted:

the only time i experienced lag was when the game first came out and ppl were spamming tingle bottles all around WindFall and every time I sailed towards Windfall the FPS would dip due to my slow internet trying to load all the tingle bottles at the same speed that the game was running no i am not s@@ting you, so I chose to not recieve tingle bottles and haven't had lag since~!

3DS Friendcode: 0001-3400-5874 | NNID: Nick-kun13 | Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78
Console history 1998 - today: N64 & PS1, GCN & PS2, Wii & 360, Wii U & Alienware 17
Handheld history 1999 - today: GBC, GBA SP, original DS, 3DS, 3DS XL

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

590. Posted:

First Zelda game I have bought and beaten. Now I see why everyone seems to be a Zelda fan. I plan to try to get all the heart pieces this time around on the second quest, but that might be hard with school coming around.

Also, I did notice FPS problems within the game. They were never for particularly long periods of time, but they are there. One instance that I clearly remember was during the Gohma boss fight. That lagged a bit. There were other times as well, but I can't remember specifically.

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

Blast

591. Posted:

I just beat Wind Temple today... Man, that Temple was awful. Lol it was so vague on how to solve puzzles!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

renaryuugufan92

592. Posted:

Blast wrote:

I just beat Wind Temple today... Man, that Temple was awful. Lol it was so vague on how to solve puzzles!!!

I find these type of temples fun, and yes I'm being serious~ :)

3DS Friendcode: 0001-3400-5874 | NNID: Nick-kun13 | Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78
Console history 1998 - today: N64 & PS1, GCN & PS2, Wii & 360, Wii U & Alienware 17
Handheld history 1999 - today: GBC, GBA SP, original DS, 3DS, 3DS XL

AuthorMessage

Blast

593. Posted:

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

Blast wrote:

I find these type of temples fun, and yes I'm being serious~ :)

@renaryuugufan92 I luv challenges but the Wind Temple seriously ticked me off. LOL that Temple didn't give any clues to what was going on. IT WAS SOOO VAGUE....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

parkerjames

594. Posted:

Just picked up Wind Waker today. Just wondering what the average completion time for this game is. How many hours did everyone log who completed it?

parkerjames

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

595. Posted:

parkerjames wrote:

Just picked up Wind Waker today. Just wondering what the average completion time for this game is. How many hours did everyone log who completed it?

It's not too long if you dedicate yourself to simply beating the game. But there's a lot of things you can do in between.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

596. Posted:

parkerjames wrote:

it's around the size of a 3D Zelda game.

...shrugs

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

MarkS27

597. Posted:

parkerjames wrote:

It took me about 42 hours, but I was playing pretty slowly.

MarkS27

3DS Friend Code: 3282-1883-4630 | Nintendo Network ID: MarkS27

AuthorMessage

G0dlike

598. Posted:

Ok, so at the moment, they're out of stock. But anybody who is UK based, get involved. Seriously, just WOW!!!

http://www.game.co.uk/en/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-g...

NNID - lordkieranos. 3DS Friend code 2921-9419-3345
Add me and I will share interesting Nintendo based pictures with you over the magic of miiverse :)

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

599. Posted:

parkerjames wrote:

There's a great site for this:

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=13142

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

parkerjames

600. Posted:

citizenerased wrote:

parkerjames wrote:

There's a great site for this:

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=13142

Oh cool. Thanks for the link

parkerjames