Wii U Forum

Topic: Wind Waker HD

Showing 561 to 580 of 610

AuthorMessage

gaming_24_7

561. Posted:

I don't like the bloom either, but the dolphin doesn't look better than WW-HD. Maybe the game lost its great high contrast, but it still looks great.

gaming_24_7

Nintendo Network ID: Chandlero

AuthorMessage

dizzy_boy

562. Posted:

I'm not sure if this has been asked aleady, but I want ask this.
When you go to Windfall island when Mila and her dad are poor, Mila has a job at the flag stall. The side quest with this is to catch Mila in the act of tampering with the safe during the night hours.
After completing this, during daylight hours Mila says she has an evening job on another island, and her dad says says Mila sneaks out at night.
I would asume this is a hint at another side quest involving Mila, but I just can't find her. I've also looked around on places like youtube and googled for answers, yet I can't find anything or anybody that knows where Mila works during the night hours.
Basicly, has anybody found Mila working the night, or is it something we're never ment to find out?

http://www.gamercreated.com/user/id/17078
http://www.youtube.com/plotyourdownfall
NNID: Dr_Dizzy
i`ve been a slave from the cradle to the grave.

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

563. Posted:

I just wanted to post a random screenshot I took from this game. :)
Untitled

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Sidewinder

564. Posted:

Hahaha Auction house for the win!

Sidewinder

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

565. Posted:

I just beat The Wind Waker for the first time ever today. I had it on GCN when I was younger but never got around to beating it and I decided to get WW HD and I have loved it.
Now I have a question. Is Phantom Hourglass supposed to be a direct sequel to The Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks, Hourglass's direct sequel?
Or are they all seperate Links?

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

566. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

I just beat The Wind Waker for the first time ever today. I had it on GCN when I was younger but never got around to beating it and I decided to get WW HD and I have loved it.
Now I have a question. Is Phantom Hourglass supposed to be a direct sequel to The Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks, Hourglass's direct sequel?
Or are they all seperate Links?

Phantom Hourglass is a sequel to Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks happens years after the other 2 games.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

MAB

567. Posted:

KolbStomp wrote:

Norik wrote:

KolbStomp wrote:

I don't think people should buy a Wii U if they don't like the way WWHD looks considering so many of them have a similar bloom and haze.

I don't have an issue with any of those games, I'm just bothered by how different WW looks in particular. They tried to fix something that wasn't broken. MK looks like it needs some AA though...

Whatever, I know I'll end up buying it anyways lol

tebunker wrote:

Yeah this... And just to knock the haters posture back in their seats here is another MadAussie Miiverse screenshot deathblow ;)

OH GOD THE LIGHT SOURCES ಥ_ಥ

Oh, you think the flat lighting in the emu is version is better don't you... Ugh...

Flat light, because its so much more artistic (It isn't) and looks good. (it doesn't)

Untitled
You hit the nail on the head compadre... I can safely say MadAussieBloke wins... Flawless Victory... Fatality ;)

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

Wii U & Steam Box DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!

AuthorMessage

Norik

568. Posted:

Just wanted to share some amazing screenshots from NeoGaf.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

It's hard to free fools from the chains they revere.

AuthorMessage

MoogleMuffins

569. Posted:

Just beat the game today, thought it was amazing. Never played Wind Waker before, think it's actually turned out to be my favourite Zelda ever. Even more so than Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time.

I really felt they gave Ganondorf a lot of character development in this one as well. Made him seem more human, and almost a tragic villain to some extent.

I've gone mad on Zelda since playing this though, got Skyward Sword on the way, Link between Worlds Collectors Edition pre-ordered and even brought the Hyrule Hystoria to read. It's such a great series of games.

I really wonder why there was so much negativity to Wind Waker when it first came out, if it was to due with the visuals I can't imagine why. I love them.

Currently playing: South Park: The Stick of Truth, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.

XBL: Sgt Lampshade PSN: MoogleMuffins

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

570. Posted:

MoogleMuffins wrote:

I really wonder why there was so much negativity to Wind Waker when it first came out, if it was to due with the visuals I can't imagine why. I love them.

I have to assume people were more interested in a more realistic style instead. Of course once we consistently got video games that actually tried to be realistic, many people realized "OH GOD WHAT HAVE WE DONE?!". I assume

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Norik

571. Posted:

MoogleMuffins wrote:

As any other male-dominant medium, the mainstream gaming community is full of idiots who need everything to be dark and gritty and dull so they can feel better about themselves by looking "masculine" and "mature." Just look at how ridiculously popular games like CoD and GTA are among prepubescent boys. This was especially true ten years ago, when Nintendo games had built themselves a reputation of being "kiddie games" among these circles with the Nintendo 64, a stigma still present to this day in middle schools everywhere.

Thankfully the growing popularity of things like MLP among adult male circles is helping, so we might outgrow this stupid trend by the time these people have children.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that there's a social stigma attached to games in general, with people looking down upon gamers as manchildren. So these people think making all games look like something out of a Michael Bay movie will make them look better to non-gamers (LOL).

Edited on by Norik

AuthorMessage

cookiex

572. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

MoogleMuffins wrote:

I have to assume people were more interested in a more realistic style instead. Of course once we consistently got video games that actually tried to be realistic, many people realized "OH GOD WHAT HAVE WE DONE?!". I assume

Pretty much. Also you can blame this:
http://youtu.be/eEF9Utdu-L0

People thought they were being promised Twilight Princess. What they got was Wind Waker.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

AuthorMessage

Reddaye

573. Posted:

MoogleMuffins wrote:

Following Ocarina and Majora's Mask people wanted the more realistic style that was used in those games. I remember very clearly that being the major complaint about Wind Waker aside from the sailing. The need for a more realistic style is what prompted Twilight Princess to go as grim dark as it was. Personally I feel like Skyward Sword was the perfect blend between the two.

Haven't picked WW HD yet, but I probably will before the end of the month. I never played through the entire thing originally because I got sidetracked. Looking forward to dusting the Wii U off and exploring the seas in gorgeous HD.

Reddaye

AuthorMessage

MoogleMuffins

574. Posted:

Yeah I can understand I suppose why many who were expecting a darker grim Zelda and got Wind Waker would be disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, I love games that have a dark feeling to them. But I don't think every game should be like that, but I suppose you can't please everyone. I remember a portion of people saying Majora's Mask was too dark for their liking, now all I hear is praise for the game and hopes for a 3DS port.

As for the sailing, I can imagine without the Swift Sail or the ability to use the Wind Waker to teleport to other locations, maybe traversing the map could become a bit tedious. Personally I enjoyed it, I love the world of Wind Waker.

Is Phantom Hourglass worth playing too?

Currently playing: South Park: The Stick of Truth, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.

XBL: Sgt Lampshade PSN: MoogleMuffins

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

AuthorMessage

Reddaye

575. Posted:

MoogleMuffins wrote:

Yeah I can understand I suppose why many who were expecting a darker grim Zelda and got Wind Waker would be disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, I love games that have a dark feeling to them. But I don't think every game should be like that, but I suppose you can't please everyone. I remember a portion of people saying Majora's Mask was too dark for their liking, now all I hear is praise for the game and hopes for a 3DS port.

As for the sailing, I can imagine without the Swift Sail or the ability to use the Wind Waker to teleport to other locations, maybe traversing the map could become a bit tedious. Personally I enjoyed it, I love the world of Wind Waker.

Is Phantom Hourglass worth playing too?

Expectations for every new Zelda release are unrealistically high, so you'll always have people who don't like the game when it first comes out. Over time their expectations become more realistic and they see that the games are actually very good. It just takes some time usually.

Phantom Hourglass is...okay. Personally I wouldn't pay more than $20 for it. The entirely touch screen controls aren't really my style, but they work fairly well. The biggest issue is that you're stucking in essentially the same dungeon the entire game. It's easily my least favorite 2D Zelda by a wide margin, but that doesn't mean it's not worth playing. I believe the storyline kind of follows Wind Waker as well, so if you like that time period and characters it may have more value for you.

Reddaye

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

576. Posted:

Norik wrote:

Just look at how ridiculously popular games like CoD and GTA are among prepubescent boys. This was especially true ten years ago, when Nintendo games had built themselves a reputation of being "kiddie games" among these circles with the Nintendo 64, a stigma still present to this day in middle schools everywhere.

Exactly. The "Kiddie games" stigma is what drove many gamers away from Nintendo during the N64 and Gamecube era. I like how Nintendo pokes fun and references that trend in The Wind Waker see screen shot below. Most Nintendo fans had already jumped ship to Playstation by the time the Gamecube hit the scene. lol

Untitled

Edited on by bezerker99

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Norik

577. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

Most Nintendo fans had already jumped ship to Playstation by the time the Gamecube hit the scene.

All hail the multiple-system-owning master race! lol

Anyways, this is too good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8XqXkIcA2I

Edited on by Norik

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

578. Posted:

^ Haha that's actually pretty funny.
I was wondering btw if anyone, who has played this game already, preferably more than once, could tell me a bit how they recieved this game. I love windwaker, dont get me wrong, but I don't tend to buy remakes. Since I know this game so well, I am afraid that I would get disapointed by it.

Any reaction appreciated!

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

579. Posted:

@Tasuki So I'm curious did you ever buy this game and has your opinion changed on the art style? Did you enjoy the game this time around?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

580. Posted:

@Spoony_Tech: Nah I never got around to getting it, some bills popped up and I didn't have the money at the time it came out. Then my game budget went to the PS4 and now I have a bunch of games that I need to get to before I add another to the list. I still want to give this game another chance and honesty I dont think my opinion of the art style wont change. (Although I like the art style of A Link Between Worlds). I might get this game for Christmas cause my family knows that I am a huge Zelda fan but I will probably end up renting this one from GameFly at some points.

Its just a case of too many games right now not enough time to get to them lol.

Sorry for the late response btw since I didn't get this game I didn't keep an eye on this thread.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311