Wii U Forum

Topic: Wind Waker HD

Showing 541 to 560 of 613

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Norik

541. Posted:

Just curious, how good does the game actually look in person? Does it match the looks of the Dolphin emulator?

Untitled

It's hard to free fools from the chains they revere.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wizanamie

542. Posted:

I'm currently playing through the HD remake (I bought the Wii U Wind Waker bundle) and I'm enjoying it a lot. I played the original many years ago on the Gamecube but I don't remember it looking anywhere near this good.

Edited on by Wizanamie

Wizanamie

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Big_L91

543. Posted:

Norik wrote:

Just curious, how good does the game actually look in person? Does it match the looks of the Dolphin emulator?

Untitled

unfortunately i dont think it does... just my opinion though, i know a lot of people are happy with it.
i just wish they'd kept cel shaded link then it would be perfect.

Edited on by Big_L91

put it on.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

544. Posted:

Just look at my Miiverse pics... It looks alot better than the crappy Dolphin emulator ;)

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Norik

545. Posted:

Watching the amazing draw distance of the emulator and then looking at the blur and bloom shaders of the Wii U version makes me sad.

It could have looked so much better :_(

It's hard to free fools from the chains they revere.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

546. Posted:

@Norik
Please, just don't. And just so you know, the draw distance has been improved in WWHD.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Norik

547. Posted:

Yes, I'm aware.

I don't understand why people refuse to have this discussion. It's not like therearen't improvements that make the Wii U version superior, but you gotta admit:

Dolphin: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5518/9609964879_23c22fae57_o.png
Wii U: http://static.gamer.no/images/15/1508/150831/5623499218c48115...

Edited on by Norik

It's hard to free fools from the chains they revere.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

548. Posted:

The HD remake is more than just updated HD graphics. ie......Swift sailing, less loading times while opening and closing doors, faster use of the grappling hook, Tingle Bottle.....

So I guess it's fine that thru emulation the original Gamecube game can be rendered in HD but it's still the same slow, 11 year old game. WW HD on Wii U, as an owner of both games, is (imo) superior to the original or any emulated mess.

Edited on by bezerker99

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

549. Posted:

Norik wrote:

Yes, I'm aware.

I don't understand why people refuse to have this discussion. It's not like therearen't improvements that make the Wii U version superior, but you gotta admit:

Dolphin: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5518/9609964879_23c22fae57_o.png
Wii U: http://static.gamer.no/images/15/1508/150831/5623499218c48115...

Admit what exactly?

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tebunker

550. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Norik wrote:

Yes, I'm aware.

I don't understand why people refuse to have this discussion. It's not like therearen't improvements that make the Wii U version superior, but you gotta admit:

Dolphin: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5518/9609964879_23c22fae57_o.png
Wii U: http://static.gamer.no/images/15/1508/150831/5623499218c48115...

Admit what exactly?

Admit that the Wii U Version looks better, and that comparing screenshots is pointless. ;-)

The only way you will know how much better, from lighting, shader techniques, smooth framerate, better loading, all technical aspects are better on the HD remake. You cannot compare screenshots you just have to see it side by side, and if people are freaking out over the bloom, then you haven't played WWHD on WiiU

Edited on by tebunker

tebunker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

551. Posted:

I do think the game looks better running than some of the pictures might suggest, but even then I still prefer the remake. The Dolphin version just polishes up the textures a bit while the remake completely overhauls it and makes it look even more amazing. Everyone has their own opinion though, I just don't see why people prefer the original.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KolbStomp

552. Posted:

Norik wrote:

Watching the amazing draw distance of the emulator and then looking at the blur and bloom shaders of the Wii U version makes me sad.

It could have looked so much better :_(

As a generally graphics oriented PC gamer, I don't understand people's gripes with bloom... ESPECIALLY with Wind Waker. The aliasing on WWHD is amazing compared to the Dolphin Emu version, the bloom enhances the color and makes it pop in my opinion. I've heard people complain the colors are not as rich now but I didn't like the darker colors it doesn't fit the style as much as the bloom does. I can get behind complaining about bloom on Elder Scrolls Oblivion, because that was bad, but Wind Waker? fo' real?

Edited on by KolbStomp

Bloom... Deal with it.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Norik

553. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

I just don't see why people prefer the original.

It's the excessive bloom. It kills the game's cartoon feel and makes all 3D models look like they're made out of clay. One of the things I loved about the original's style was the high contrast.

KolbStomp wrote:

I can get behind complaining about bloom on Elder Scrolls Oblivion, because that was bad, but Wind Waker? fo' real?

I insist: It would have looked tons better if it wasn't so excessive. Just look at the picture in the begging of the page and tell me it's not better.

Edited on by Norik

It's hard to free fools from the chains they revere.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KolbStomp

554. Posted:

Norik wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

I just don't see why people prefer the original.

It's the excessive bloom. It kills the game's cartoon feel and makes all 3D models look like they're made out of clay. One of the things I loved about the original's style was the high contrast.

KolbStomp wrote:

I can get behind complaining about bloom on Elder Scrolls Oblivion, because that was bad, but Wind Waker? fo' real?

I insist: It would have looked tons better if it wasn't so excessive. Just look at the picture in the begging of the page and tell me it's not better.

The aliasing is bad in the Dolphin image in my opinion it looks much worse, you can see the jaggedness in the lines. Bloom is soft light which objectively makes things more attractive, that's why they use bloom like effects and soft light filters in other games and movies to make people and characters look better.

Bloom... Deal with it.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

555. Posted:

The dolphin emulator looks like fecal matter compared to the more superior WiiU remaster ;)

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tebunker

556. Posted:

@Norik it just doesn't seem like you have actually played WW HD on Wii U. I think your opinion would be a lot different.

tebunker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KolbStomp

557. Posted:

I don't think people should buy a Wii U if they don't like the way WWHD looks considering so many of them have a similar bloom and haze.

http://e3.nintendo.com/_ui/images/games/detail/mario-kart-8/s...

http://uk.reviewanygame.com/content/images/products/nintendo-...

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2792297/WiiU_SmashBros_scrn...

Bloom... Deal with it.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

558. Posted:

tebunker wrote:

@Norik it just doesn't seem like you have actually played WW HD on Wii U. I think your opinion would be a lot different.

Yeah this... And just to knock the haters posture back in their seats here is another MadAussie Miiverse screenshot deathblow ;)

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Norik

559. Posted:

KolbStomp wrote:

I don't think people should buy a Wii U if they don't like the way WWHD looks considering so many of them have a similar bloom and haze.

I don't have an issue with any of those games, I'm just bothered by how different WW looks in particular. They tried to fix something that wasn't broken. MK looks like it needs some AA though...

Whatever, I know I'll end up buying it anyways lol

tebunker wrote:

Yeah this... And just to knock the haters posture back in their seats here is another MadAussie Miiverse screenshot deathblow ;)

OH GOD THE LIGHT SOURCES ಥ_ಥ

Edited on by Norik

It's hard to free fools from the chains they revere.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KolbStomp

560. Posted:

Norik wrote:

KolbStomp wrote:

I don't think people should buy a Wii U if they don't like the way WWHD looks considering so many of them have a similar bloom and haze.

I don't have an issue with any of those games, I'm just bothered by how different WW looks in particular. They tried to fix something that wasn't broken. MK looks like it needs some AA though...

Whatever, I know I'll end up buying it anyways lol

tebunker wrote:

Yeah this... And just to knock the haters posture back in their seats here is another MadAussie Miiverse screenshot deathblow ;)

OH GOD THE LIGHT SOURCES ಥ_ಥ

Oh, you think the flat lighting in the emu is version is better don't you... Ugh...

Flat light, because its so much more artistic (It isn't) and looks good. (it doesn't)

Edited on by KolbStomp

Bloom... Deal with it.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)