Wii U Forum

Topic: Wind Waker HD

Showing 521 to 540 of 613

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

521. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@bezerker99: Nice! Glad the gave us the gold foil cover in the US

I have to agree that is nice. It would go good with my Zelda gold collection. :D

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

522. Posted:

@Tasuki: Yep it saddens to know that my son will never get to experience that new manual smell while reading through the manual of his new game.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Ryno

523. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

Got mine. While the Ganondorf figure is cool it didn't want to be put together. Almost had to break it.

What did you "have to put together?"

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

524. Posted:

The disc isn't gold though. It's like the Skyward Sword disc.

Untitled

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

525. Posted:

@Ryno; I am sure that he will be able to experience that some what especially how many CIB retro games you get. ;)

Just a quick question besides the game pad, can you also use the CCP or the Wii U pro controller on this game?

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Ryno

526. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Ryno; I am sure that he will be able to experience that some what especially how many CIB retro games you get. ;)

Just a quick question besides the game pad, can you also use the CCP or the Wii U pro controller on this game?

Yeah, he will be able to read the manuals but it will miss the distinct smell you know? I need to bottle that smell and sell it to retro collectors :D

Anyway, "The game supports GamePad-only play, allowing for play without a television, as well as control with the Wii U Pro Controller, for those who prefer a traditional control scheme. During use of the Pro Controller, the GamePad can still be used as a map." - http://www.zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_The_Wind_Waker_HD

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

527. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Untitled

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

528. Posted:

Ok so no CCP it looks like than. Looks like I will have to get a Wii U Pro Controller then.

@Ryno: Totally I would buy that for sure. :D

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Torchwood

529. Posted:

Has anybody else ordered the Limited Edition from GameStop in North America? I preordered the day it got put up with value shipping, and my copy hasn't shipped yet. Anybody else experiencing this?

3DS Friend Code- 4725-7991-3379

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

530. Posted:

I never got a chance to play this on the Cube so I guess I'm one of the priviledged few who's getting to experience it for the first time.

I'm really enjoying it so far. I just entered Dragon's Roost Cavern. The game just looks stunning. The sheer beauty of it just bleeds from my eyes.

One thing that I think is really great is a simple thing, and that's just having the map and item screen right there on the gamepad. I really think a lot of non-WiiU fans don't truly appreciate how great it is to just have this handy thing on your gamepad in front of you at all times. No slowing down the action for pause screens. I can't help but wonder how great it would have been to have the map from Grand Theft Auto 5 always there on my gamepad.

On another note, anybody else not received their limited editon copy from Game? I haven't, despite the fact it says it was shipped on the 3rd. I had to buy another copy from Tesco today because I was too impatient. I'll just sell the copy I get in my limited editon bundle (if it ever comes).

Edited on by JonnyKong

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

skywake

531. Posted:

I hope they do something interesting with the controls on the big Wii U Zelda. As much as I love the map/inventory screen on this I really miss the Skyward Sword controls. Overall it seems like a fairly large backwards step especially when you're using aiming items.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Ryno

532. Posted:

I'm not missing the Skyward Sword controls at all.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

MAB

533. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

I'm not missing the Skyward Sword controls at all.

Don't worry guys... I'm 100% sure Link will play the drums in LOZU instead of the Ocarina and Wind Waker ;)

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage

skywake

534. Posted:

It didn't bother me at all before I got the boomerang. The two options are either to move it with the analogue stick or move the GamePad around while still looking at the TV as if it's some weird game of twister. It works but it worked better with the WiiMote. Maybe in the Wii U Zelda they can go all DS Zelda on the boomerang.....

Again, not an issue but I think they could do better with those sort of items. Mostly because they have done better with those items using different controls.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

535. Posted:

I forgot to take a pic of Kalle Demos (Forbidden Forest boss) and the only bottle pics I'm finding is of every other boss in the game like SPOILER...sort of Ganondorf SPOILER OVER.

Anyone have any way of getting a pic of him besides hoping that someone will actually send out a pic of him??

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

536. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

JonnyKong wrote:

One thing that I think is really great is a simple thing, and that's just having the map and item screen right there on the gamepad. I really think a lot of non-WiiU fans don't truly appreciate how great it is to just have this handy thing on your gamepad in front of you at all times. No slowing down the action for pause screens. I can't help but wonder how great it would have been to have the map from Grand Theft Auto 5 always there on my gamepad.

Yes, that's nice and convenient. I like it. Still, I wish there was an option of having Off-TV Play with the Gamepad screen.

Just hit the minus button

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

537. Posted:

Also, how are people getting pics of guys from what looks like a cut scene, like jabu? I wouldn't have got him if I wouldn't have found a bottle with the pic. You can't pull your camera out when you see him even.

I just wish I could find that Forbidden Forest boss pic in a bottle.

AuthorMessage

elbcen

538. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

Also, how are people getting pics of guys from what looks like a cut scene, like jabu? I wouldn't have got him if I wouldn't have found a bottle with the pic. You can't pull your camera out when you see him even.

I just wish I could find that Forbidden Forest boss pic in a bottle.

I didn't follow this thread from the beginning, but in case you are asking about pictographs for the Nintendo Gallery, some pictographs of bosses and special characters like Ganondorf or Jabun cannot be gotten normally but have to be bought from Lenzo at night. They are referred to as 'legendary pictographs'.

elbcen

Twitter: elbcen

AuthorMessage

elbcen

539. Posted:

Oh God, I never thought about this before... I could just ask the nice people of Miiverse for a pictograph of certain characters that I might have missed! If someone can get me a pictograph of Cyclos, I won't need to start a new game just to get him for the Nintendo Gallery.

Edited on by elbcen

elbcen

Twitter: elbcen

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

540. Posted:

elbcen wrote:

Oh God, I never thought about this before... I could just ask the nice people of Miiverse for a pictograph of certain characters that I might have missed! If someone can get me a pictograph of Cyclos, I won't need to start a new game just to get him for the Nintendo Gallery.

I wish it was that simple, but even if someone would send the pic you need out, you have to be lucky enough to find it. That's why I can't find Kale what's-its-face yet from the Forest boss.