Wii U Forum

Topic: Wind Waker HD

Showing 421 to 440 of 613

AuthorMessage

Pahvi

421. Posted:

Just like Silent Hill 2 HD did?

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?
Now playing: Hyrule Warriors, de Blob 2
Game impressions posts: http://backlogcompactor.blogspot.com/

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

422. Posted:

Kadunta wrote:

that was because they essentially lost parts of that game from what I've read. Kind of a big difference.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Pahvi

423. Posted:

My point - unless someone here really has seen (and played!) both the GCN and the HD version on the same TV/display, saying that the new version will certainly be better is possible, maybe even likely, but nowhere near certainty. Is it possible that WW HD is about as badly butchered as SH2HD? Yes. Is it likely? No. Would I place a 5€ bet on WW HD being a notable and worthwhile upgrade to WW GCN? No.

And as for why I picked SH2HD as a point why HD games are not (always) better than the originals... One of the biggest problems in SH2HD was, I hear, that they could remove the fog that helped keep the drawing distance shorter. The fog had been an important part in setting the mood in the game - and this would've been a simple graphical update. I can see that almost ruining the update even if that were the only change. Hence: graphical updates are not all good. The graphical updates in WWHD are not necessarily all for the better. Yet, WWHD may be different in feeling yet equally good or better than the GCN WW. Now that I played the GCN WW enough to leave the first island, I'd say the controls need the upgrade more than the graphics do. (Camera rotation directions for one and the notched thumbstick slot which makes accurate control for a new-to-GCN player more difficult than it should be.)

I'll just go get me coat.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?
Now playing: Hyrule Warriors, de Blob 2
Game impressions posts: http://backlogcompactor.blogspot.com/

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

424. Posted:

things are uncertain

ok, no one can do anything with that information. At all.

AuthorMessage

WebHead

425. Posted:

Just watched a ranting robots review for the game. They gave it a 9.3/10.

Here's their review. Warning: language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp-x6MEUgEw

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

426. Posted:

@WebHead Ok I seriously tried not to laugh at this but failed a few times! Still it was hard to take this review seriously but glad it got a good score none the less.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

427. Posted:

Kadunta wrote:

To be fair, Silent Hill 2 looked 2 times better for the things it did keep intact.

When you play the GCN and Wii U version of WW side by side on the exact same HDTV, the Wii U one is going to look better.
Using emulators and non-HD videos as "proof" isn't really a good argument to make.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Sonicfan11589

428. Posted:

FYI: eShop advertises the game releasing at midnight.

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

429. Posted:

Any word on what Nintendo is going to price this game at? Was planning on getting this at midnight but wanna make sure I have enough leftover money for the rest of the month. >.>

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

430. Posted:

@Yukari
I'm fairly certain the game will be $50 on both the eShop and at retail.

Edited on by CapnPancakes

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

431. Posted:

Was just asking around since I heard something about it being $40...and then hear it'll be a full Wii U game price...so, yeah, lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

432. Posted:

Hey guys, I bet you can't guess what score GameSpot game the game! Yes, eight is still the default score for Nintendo games on that site.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

castlehominid99

433. Posted:

IGN gave it a 9.8 which is actually higher than the original.

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

AuthorMessage

moomoo

434. Posted:

@CapnPancakes That's pretty good for a $50 game that already came out 10 years ago. I'd take it as a compliment to how well Wind Waker has aged. The reviewer articulated why he gave it the score he gave it. I don't see the problem.

@casltehominid99 Interesting... Considering how little it adds, and how its a full price game, that's kind of surprising. Usually on review sites, standards change and get higher over the years.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

castlehominid99

435. Posted:

I think if people 10 years ago appreciated the toony graphics back then and didn't hate the game from first glance because of it, it would've scored a 10 so since cartoony graphics are more common nowadays and accepted it seems to have scored higher

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

436. Posted:

I don't like complaining about people giving a game a good review, but giving an improved Wind Waker anything less than a 9 is just wrong.

AuthorMessage

Sonicfan11589

437. Posted:

I was browsing the eShop page for the billionth time and it now lists that u can use the Original Wii Pro Controller as long as it is connected to a Wii Remote.

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage

WhereEaglesDare

438. Posted:

@kkslider5552000 No it's not, if anything the Zelda games get a free pass from many reviewers on many annoying things simply because they're Zelda games. An 8 out of 10 for a $50 HD port (which I'm admittedly getting because I don't own the original) shouldn't ruin your day...

@Sonicfan11589 Interesting, definitely makes a lot of sense, surprised Pikmin 3 didn't allow the original Wii Pro Controller.

Edited on by WhereEaglesDare

WhereEaglesDare

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

439. Posted:

BanjoThreeie wrote:

@kkslider5552000 No it's not, if anything the Zelda games get a free pass from many reviewers on many annoying things simply because they're Zelda games. An 8 out of 10 for a $50 HD port (which I'm admittedly getting because I don't own the original) shouldn't ruin your day...

annoying things?

no? Not anymore than your average major release anyway? Especially since the only annoying parts of Wind Waker are clearly fixed and everyone agrees about this.

That was only half serious and more praising how much I enjoy the game but "this game is older therefore is inferior to new games" logic is stupid and flawed at absolute best. The fact that it's a port of a decade old game doesn't change that I like the game more than any game I've bought so far this year.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

WhereEaglesDare

440. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

BanjoThreeie wrote:

annoying things?

no? Not anymore than your average major release anyway? Especially since the only annoying parts of Wind Waker are clearly fixed and everyone agrees about this.

No they don't...

The Good

The new aesthetic is different but still beautiful
An evocative soundtrack
Fantastic cast of characters
Filled with great moments
Puzzle-packed dungeons.

The Bad

The second half of the game still drags
Tingle's quest is irredeemably boring.

http://www.gamespot.com/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd...

The name Zelda won't automatically give an HD port a free 10/10...

Edited on by WhereEaglesDare

WhereEaglesDare