Wii U Forum

Topic: Wind Waker HD

Showing 401 to 420 of 613

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

401. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Honestly anyone who hasn't played Wind Waker before is in for a real treat, especially since they are fixing its very few problems. Considering how Wind Waker was already a classic despite those issues and it now has a higher difficulty mode, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if this version is the best Zelda ever. Not even kidding, hope I get it someday...

+100

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Sonicfan11589

402. Posted:

I heard from Zelda Informer that there are MORE CHARTS!
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/wind-waker-hd-features-more...

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage

CM30

403. Posted:

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

I heard from Zelda Informer that there are MORE CHARTS!
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/wind-waker-hd-features-more...

Yay...

Honestly anyone who hasn't played Wind Waker before is in for a real treat, especially since they are fixing its very few problems. Considering how Wind Waker was already a classic despite those issues and it now has a higher difficulty mode, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if this version is the best Zelda ever. Not even kidding, hope I get it someday...

I disagree.

To be the best Zelda ever, it'd need:

Some sort of boss rush as an option
Some sound of sound test as an option
A Master Quest mode with actual redesigned dungeons
The cut out dungeons and content added back in
Underwater being explorable with the cut 'water boots' item.

And a bunch of other stuff. It's not a bad game (and it's much better in this form than it was on the Gamecube) and is a good game in general... but it's not a perfect game. Needs way more tweaks to be perfect and hence the best Zelda ever.

Edited on by CM30

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Pahvi

404. Posted:

Eurogamer had a link to a video with the GCN and WiiU versions of WW next to each other.

I think I might actually prefer the GCN version when it comes to visuals - I'll just have to see how obvious the pixelization is now that I've changed to a larger TV than when I got WW. And no, this is not nostalgia speaking either, since I barely played the game when I got it in 2007.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?
Now playing: Hyrule Warriors, de Blob 2
Game impressions posts: http://backlogcompactor.blogspot.com/

AuthorMessage

Relias

405. Posted:

Kadunta wrote:

Eurogamer had a link to a video with the GCN and WiiU versions of WW next to each other.

I think I might actually prefer the GCN version when it comes to visuals - I'll just have to see how obvious the pixelization is now that I've changed to a larger TV than when I got WW. And no, this is not nostalgia speaking either, since I barely played the game when I got it in 2007.

Looks at both... hmmm..

The Draw Distance is nice.. but comparing the two on color.. is kind of like comparing me before and after being washes with bleach.. the stuff is murder on my fur.. and takes all the color out.. yeah that is what it looks like the HD did... I do however like Links Eyes better in HD.. they are more defined.. but everything else.. looks more colorful on the GCN version and as thus better to me..

I am a wild and free Ninetails not a trainer.. get over it...

3DS Friend Code: 4570-6835-5697

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

406. Posted:

Just saw the GameExplain animation comparison, this version looks so much better. Seems like Nintendo really thought everything through and took away all of the annoyances. Not to mention that it look incredible in HD :D

Can't wait for my Limited Edition to arrive!

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

407. Posted:

I highly recommend this game if you never had it before. The colors and camera distances are alot better.
The resolution is obviously better, as well, and it looks like they made a few slight improvements on the animations. Also, this will be in lossless 5.1 PCM as opposed to Dolby Pro Logic II.

I loved this game so much when it came out...

EDIT: BTW, Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, and Skyward Sword are my top 3 Zelda games. Also, not in any order, because they all have their own draw. I personally really liked the sailing and island exploration.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

408. Posted:

looks nice but I don't really get why they made the colors more realistic though, the cartoony GC style was amazing imo

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

409. Posted:

Is it already confirmed how much it will cost? (in Europe)

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

410. Posted:

I just want to point out that, The Wii U version WILL look better on an HDTV than the GCN version. The GCN version doesn't even go into widescreen, despite being a progressive scan compatible game.
I think the added lighting and deeper colors will make the game look better overall. Just from that video, you can see that Wind Waker on GCN didn't have a ton of lighting and had less focus on accurate colors. The colors look brighter from the video, but that's definitely not how it looks when you actually play it on your TV from the GCN disc.
Shadows from everything there is were basically non-existent.

I didn't watch the video in HD, but I know it will look better when you actually get it on your TV.
@Norik showed the emulated version at higher resolution vs. the remake, and I thought that the Wii U version was better immediately. The colors are just SO much better and the game doesn't look stretched out like the emulated version. It just looks more clean.

In conclusion, I wouldn't take comparisons on the internet very seriously. I've 100%ed this game at least 5 times on GCN, and I can assure you it will be better. Plus, it just flows better. Alot of things they "fixed" were subjective, and I think it payed off in the overall product.

You'll have to compare the GCN version to the Wii U version in person to draw a REAL conclusion.

EDIT: BTW, I was arguing your link torwards the thread, not exactly directly aimed as a reply to only you.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Pahvi

411. Posted:

@SCAR392: We'll see, then. I don't see widescreen automatically better than 4:3 ratio, though.

The lighting and colour issues are a subject of taste. Exaggerating, some think "the more lens flares there are, the more awesome the pic is". I found the added lighting effects less attractive - but this is based just on that one video I linked to. I also read some comment somewhere how the GCN video in that was "obviously" not recorded of "real" hardware output, so that loses the video even more credibility.

I absolutely agree that the GCN and Wii U versions need to be compared in person. I hope they'll release a demo of the game.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?
Now playing: Hyrule Warriors, de Blob 2
Game impressions posts: http://backlogcompactor.blogspot.com/

AuthorMessage

Romeo

412. Posted:

it looks so gorgeous...
i am so excited for this!

haven't even played the original, this will be so much fun, hopefully it's a long game :)

Romeo

AuthorMessage

Warruz

413. Posted:

Well i will have this waiting for me when i get back from my vacation as a nice little suprise.

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage

Sonicfan11589

414. Posted:

Does anyone know for sure if this game will be available on eShop at midnight? I'm guessing it will, they just haven't advertised it yet on eShop for a midnight release since that spot is taken by The Wonderful 101.

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage

Norik

415. Posted:

Just found this neat little analysis on how well designed this game is -from the graphics stand point.

Untitled

Now I love this game even more.

Article: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104415

It's hard to free fools from the chains they revere.

AuthorMessage

Peach64

416. Posted:

I'm another that prefers the original look. WW upscaled to 1080p looks far nicer than this in my opinion. Even without being upscaled I prefer the original.

I remember being amazed at the visual spectacle of the lighting effects on the first boss, but in the remake it looks a bit... bland.

Untitled

Peach64

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

417. Posted:

I have seen other videos (from gamexplain, too) where it's all the contrary, the HD version looks all colorful and bright while the original one looks murky and bland.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Ryno

418. Posted:

Agreed, the original looks bland compared to the HD version.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

419. Posted:

Oh the purists... Who will be able to satisfy them...

Anyone who thinks the HD version is bland compared to the original should buy new glasses, seriously.
It's one thing to prefer a certain look but bland? Really now?

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

420. Posted:

I think it's better. Most of the people here are drawing conclusions from inaccurate internet comparisons.
The only video I've seen that dies the improvements justice is the one straight off the Wii U eShop.

If you're comparing emulation shots, I think you're missing the entire point of this game being available at retail to begin with.
Also, WWHD looks better on an HDTV than the original by default. I already know that.

$¢@®³’²