Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - OT

Posts 341 to 360 of 610

Spoony_Tech

I'm really interested in the Wii U bundle. Normally I jump on a new Nintendo system day one but with 3 kids and very little time its not easy to play games anymore. This deal here is just what make me take the plunge. 50$ cheaper doesn't hurt either as cost has always been an issue with me now in my life! Now to just convince the wife we need a new system!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MegaStoneSmash91

Does anyone know if the download code for the game included with the bundle will be "separate", in a way? I was planning on getting both the bundle as well as the box with the Ganondorf figurine so I could have a boxed copy of the game, and then give the download code to my friend. Would this be possible, or am I just worrying too much?

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Spoony_Tech

Yeah you should be able to use the code on any system! Can't see how it could tell which system it belonged to.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MegaStoneSmash91

Makes sense to me! Can't wait!

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Whopper744

Debating about going straight for Hero mode when I get it since I've played the original a few times through before. Really looking forward to this one. I think more than some new game releases. ha

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

bezerker99

I just owe $25 more dollars on my copy of WW HD!!!

I was going to get the special edition with the Ganon figurine but Gamestop is selling it at $59.99. The press release from Nintendo has a MSRP of $54.99 for that. Oh well, I don't need that figurine that badly. I'm getting the $49.99 disc only and saving myself ten bucks.

Edited on by bezerker99

Ryno

bezerker99 wrote:

I just owe $25 more dollars on my copy of WW HD!!!

I was going to get the special edition with the Ganon figurine but Gamestop is selling it at $59.99. The press release from Nintendo has a MSRP of $54.99 for that. Oh well, I don't need that figurine that badly. I'm getting the $49.99 disc only and saving myself ten bucks.

I paid the extra $10 to get dat figurine. Zelda + limited anything = $$$

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

JohninMotion

Is the limited edition available yet for preorder? I went to my local Gamestop and they said they don't have it in their computers. I checked availability online and it tells me that "No stores with inventory within 100 mile radius." which makes sense if it's a preorder, but why couldn't I preorder it yet?

Nintendo Network ID: Johninmotion

Twitter:

Tylan

JohninMotion wrote:

Is the limited edition available yet for preorder? I went to my local Gamestop and they said they don't have it in their computers. I checked availability online and it tells me that "No stores with inventory within 100 mile radius." which makes sense if it's a preorder, but why couldn't I preorder it yet?

I ordered my Wii U Zelda Bundle on Friday from Gamestop. They said the Zelda WW HD game itself probably won't be available for pre-order until it's about 30 days out. Not sure if that's actually true though.

Tylan

JohninMotion

Well, that would be today if it is being released October 4th. The game is available for preorder, it's just the limited edition set they are offering that is not. It's a mystery to me. I guess I'll just have to keep checking with them.

Twitter:

JohninMotion

Tylan wrote:

Sorry, misunderstood. The limited edition one is sold out from what I understand from this thread:

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/news/limited_edition_wind_...

Ah, thanks... and bummer. Funny the GameStop employee couldn't tell me that. I feel like she got one over on me because she told me if I put money down on the regular version I would be able to transfer it over when the limited version became available.
Oh well, at least I have the game on preorder.

Twitter:

Norik

Am I the only one who thinks the bloom effect is excessive and takes away from the original feel of the game?

It's hard to free fools from the chains they revere.

Gregor

Norik wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks the bloom effect is excessive and takes away from the original feel of the game?

NO. I HAVE HALF A MIND TO SUE THEM FOR ALMOST FRYING MY RETINAS.

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

Ryno

Norik wrote:

What's the "bloom effect"?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

19Robb92

Ryno wrote:

Norik wrote:

It's a shader effect, a form of HDR. Light is emitted from different spots in order to create a very very bright image.

It's often used games when someone opens a door in a really dark room to make emphasis on the light vs. dark. WWHD is using it as a general theme when the sun is out, which makes it look extremely bright at times. Maybe even too bright.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Metroidlink

Ryno wrote:

Norik wrote:

The sky is more light blue in HD version and blue in gcn version. The light blue is the bloom effect

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

Norik

Ryno wrote:

The blurry glow developers apply onto everything nowadays.

Untitled

Untitled

This remake originally had EXCESSIVE amounts of bloom, but that was fixed. I still think it's too much though...

Before:

Untitled

After:

Untitled

Edited on by theblackdragon

It's hard to free fools from the chains they revere.

bezerker99

Metroidlink wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Norik wrote:

The sky is more light blue in HD version and blue in gcn version. The light blue is the bloom effect

If that's what the bloom effect is then, No...I'm not concerned. This HD remake looks amazing!!! O__________________O

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.