Wii U Forum

Topic: Wind Waker HD

Showing 341 to 360 of 612

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sharkemon

341. Posted:

Defintely getting the bundle, I haven't got a Wii U yet, just a 3DS, but I can't pass on that price, it's near enough the same price as the standard Wii U's are going for without a game.

Nintendo Network ID: sharkemon
3DS XL Friend Code: 4356-0310-3357

Animal Crossing Dream Address: 7000-2805-8895

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

342. Posted:

Kodeen wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

The digital version of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will also launch on Sept. 20, while the packaged version launches Oct. 4 with distinctive gold-foil packaging, both at a suggested retail price of $49.99.

Why is the game getting a full-priced release when Nintendo has not incurred the full development costs of a new game?

because reducing console prices cost money

because Wind Waker is genuinely worth a full price game even as just an HD remake, and Nintendo's strategy is to intentionally treat games as something of worth to be a completely reverse of the arguably dangerous for the industry, 99 cent iOS trend

because game prices are not based on development costs anywhere

take your pick

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tainy

343. Posted:

Kodeen wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

The digital version of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will also launch on Sept. 20, while the packaged version launches Oct. 4 with distinctive gold-foil packaging, both at a suggested retail price of $49.99.

Why is the game getting a full-priced release when Nintendo has not incurred the full development costs of a new game?

First, it's not being "full-priced." Most new Wii U games are $60. $50 is still a high price in terms of remakes and remasters. Most see at least a 20% cut, but Nintendo doesn't think in quite the same way as most of the industry. They don't think the value of their products should have to diminish significantly simply because it has become older, and the market seems to reward them for thinking that.

Edited on by Tainy

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

344. Posted:

Well, I guess this means I have about 3 weeks to make sure I have enough $ to finally by a WiiU. :)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

yojo

345. Posted:

Anyone else notice the Ganon WWHD bundles having different packaging in Europe and America? The Europian one is in the trailer here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH6Uojaw3IM and you can find the US one on gamestops site http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/the-legend-of-zelda-the-w...
I personally like the EU one better, as it has better artwork and does not have the blue wii u banner ruining it. Any thoughts?

HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
-Link, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
"Every five years they (Nintendo) just fly Miyamoto to a sunny pastier and let him frolic for six weeks and he comes back with the next great idea."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

346. Posted:

I got a notification on my WiiU from Nintendo about this game...

The notification says something along the lines of...

"TEXTTEXTBLAHBLAH... The game will be on the eshop before it is released in stores. If you already have a Wii you will be able to download it before! MORETEXT"

Notice the lack of a distinctive U? Besides the fact that it should be obvious that I have a WiiU already lol.

I seriously hope it was an error from the translators who manage the spanish notifications.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

347. Posted:

yojo wrote:

Anyone else notice the Ganon WWHD bundles having different packaging in Europe and America? The Europian one is in the trailer here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH6Uojaw3IM and you can find the US one on gamestops site http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/the-legend-of-zelda-the-w...
I personally like the EU one better, as it has better artwork and does not have the blue wii u banner ruining it. Any thoughts?

I like the European version better too since it keeps with the Zelda gold packaging.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

348. Posted:

I'm really interested in the Wii U bundle. Normally I jump on a new Nintendo system day one but with 3 kids and very little time its not easy to play games anymore. This deal here is just what make me take the plunge. 50$ cheaper doesn't hurt either as cost has always been an issue with me now in my life! Now to just convince the wife we need a new system! ;-)

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MegaStoneSmash91

349. Posted:

Does anyone know if the download code for the game included with the bundle will be "separate", in a way? I was planning on getting both the bundle as well as the box with the Ganondorf figurine so I could have a boxed copy of the game, and then give the download code to my friend. Would this be possible, or am I just worrying too much? :D

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

350. Posted:

Yeah you should be able to use the code on any system! Can't see how it could tell which system it belonged to.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MegaStoneSmash91

351. Posted:

Makes sense to me! :) Can't wait!

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Whopper744

352. Posted:

Debating about going straight for Hero mode when I get it since I've played the original a few times through before. Really looking forward to this one. I think more than some new game releases. ha

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DestinyMan

353. Posted:

Even though it might still be too high for a remake, the reduced price of $50 has nearly convinced me to get this for Christmas. I got the original, but I still have yet to play it, so I'll play the original first so that way I can see how much better it is in HD form.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

354. Posted:

I just owe $25 more dollars on my copy of WW HD!!!

I was going to get the special edition with the Ganon figurine but Gamestop is selling it at $59.99. The press release from Nintendo has a MSRP of $54.99 for that. Oh well, I don't need that figurine that badly. I'm getting the $49.99 disc only and saving myself ten bucks.

Edited on by bezerker99

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

355. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

I just owe $25 more dollars on my copy of WW HD!!!

I was going to get the special edition with the Ganon figurine but Gamestop is selling it at $59.99. The press release from Nintendo has a MSRP of $54.99 for that. Oh well, I don't need that figurine that badly. I'm getting the $49.99 disc only and saving myself ten bucks.

I paid the extra $10 to get dat figurine. Zelda + limited anything = $$$

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JohninMotion

356. Posted:

Is the limited edition available yet for preorder? I went to my local Gamestop and they said they don't have it in their computers. I checked availability online and it tells me that "No stores with inventory within 100 mile radius." which makes sense if it's a preorder, but why couldn't I preorder it yet?

Nintendo Network ID: Johninmotion

Twitter: johnkostrzewski

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tylan

357. Posted:

JohninMotion wrote:

Is the limited edition available yet for preorder? I went to my local Gamestop and they said they don't have it in their computers. I checked availability online and it tells me that "No stores with inventory within 100 mile radius." which makes sense if it's a preorder, but why couldn't I preorder it yet?

I ordered my Wii U Zelda Bundle on Friday from Gamestop. They said the Zelda WW HD game itself probably won't be available for pre-order until it's about 30 days out. Not sure if that's actually true though.

Tylan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JohninMotion

358. Posted:

Well, that would be today if it is being released October 4th. The game is available for preorder, it's just the limited edition set they are offering that is not. It's a mystery to me. I guess I'll just have to keep checking with them.

Nintendo Network ID: Johninmotion

Twitter: johnkostrzewski

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tylan

359. Posted:

Sorry, misunderstood. The limited edition one is sold out from what I understand from this thread:

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/news/limited_edition_wind_...

Tylan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JohninMotion

360. Posted:

Tylan wrote:

Sorry, misunderstood. The limited edition one is sold out from what I understand from this thread:

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/news/limited_edition_wind_...

Ah, thanks... and bummer. Funny the GameStop employee couldn't tell me that. I feel like she got one over on me because she told me if I put money down on the regular version I would be able to transfer it over when the limited version became available.
Oh well, at least I have the game on preorder.

Nintendo Network ID: Johninmotion

Twitter: johnkostrzewski