Wii U Forum

Topic: Wind Waker HD

Showing 221 to 240 of 610

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

221. Posted:

I honestly think the visuals are a big improvement over the original's. Don't take that the wrong way, I think the original version of Wind Waker is a beautiful game, but in this HD remake I feel like they were able to fully realize the artstyle. The lighting effects are great, and it seems a lot brighter than on the Game Cube, which I like.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

rkmartin

222. Posted:

I absolutely love this game, I can't wait for it to be out, though I don't see it coming out for any less than full retail price. I played it at the Best Buy demo's and it looked magnificent, I'm just depressed that the tingle tuner is gone. I got footage of it if anyone would like to take a look https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhBSZwyzS70

In short, I should have liked, I do confess, to have had the lightest license of a child, and had been man enough to know the value. - A Christmas Carol

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

223. Posted:

Am I the only person who doesn't like the super blue blur/bloom effect that happens whenever something is directly in front of the sky? (which is pretty much all the time?)

Edited on by Moorpheel

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

bassoongoon

224. Posted:

Good game. I look forward to the remake. I was sad to have to sell my GCN and accessories to afford my Wii U, so this will take a lot of the sting away!

You can pry my bassoon from my cold dead fingers!

AuthorMessage

Macattack

225. Posted:

@Morphtorok: Nope, same here. While I could live with the effect's presence, it's as if they felt the need to force unnatural realism into the cell-shaded style that is WW.

Edited on by Macattack

"Bye squiggleTail. You were like an online pony father to me or something." - Retro-on-theGo

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

226. Posted:

So is Tingle gonna have any role other than giving you the Tingle Bottle and (SPOILERS) helping find the Triforce? (SPOILERS END) He seemed kinda boring compared to other characters without using the Tuner.

Edited on by TwilightV

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

Mizore

227. Posted:

Well...so much for having new content in the game. T.T
(still getting it, but my hype died down some)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

Torchwood

228. Posted:

This is available on Amazon as a $49.99 preorder! I don't know if this will be the official price, but Amazon rarely changes their SRP to lower than everybody else's unless they're confident about it. So a $50 price point seems to be more or less confirmed, but anybody who wants to secure their purchase should go ahead and preorder.

3DS Friend Code- 4725-7991-3379

AuthorMessage

Ryno

229. Posted:

Torchwood: Yeah, tempted to preorder at $50.00. Also good to see this on the Amazon listing: "Take on a more challenging difficulty level."

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Sonicfan11589

230. Posted:

I know the gamepad is being used but is there a chance u could use the wii u pro controller?

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage

WiiULoveGBA

231. Posted:

Amazon showing harder difficulty mode as a new feature. That would be real nice and for a lot of fence sitters

That guy! UGH! "Hey, look at me. I ride a broomstick, and I was into stickers before it was cool." Pshhhhhhhh. He doesn't know about sticker power.

AuthorMessage

Torchwood

232. Posted:

@SonicFan11589
I really hope they let you use the Pro Controller. I can't see why they wouldn't since there doesn't seem to be anything that requires it, but you never know.

AuthorMessage

Sonicfan11589

233. Posted:

yeah they could always add the option to use the wii u pro controller through an update like New super mario bros. u.

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

234. Posted:

I'm pretty sure Wind Waker HD, The Wonderful 101, Super Mario: 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2 & Mario Kart 8 have all been confirmed to support the WiiU Pro controller. Which is very nice, I love the Pro Controller.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Torchwood

235. Posted:

I don't mind the GamePad, but I find it distracting when it displays the exact same thing being displayed on the TV like in NSMBU and the VC games. I'd rather it just be shut off if it won't show anything different.

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

236. Posted:

Torchwood wrote:

I don't mind the GamePad, but I find it distracting when it displays the exact same thing being displayed on the TV like in NSMBU and the VC games. I'd rather it just be shut off if it won't show anything different.

Yeah, same here. There should at least be an option.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

Mizore

237. Posted:

Pikminsi wrote:

Torchwood wrote:

Yeah, same here. There should at least be an option.

...Use another controller then?

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

238. Posted:

Torchwood wrote:

Yeah, I agree. I hate the replica-screen.

It's kind of weird that the GamePad has to be on when the WiiU is on. I mean, you can navigate the menus and play the games with the Pro Controller and everything. Yet, if you turn the console on with th Pro Controller, the GamePad turns on as well. It's pretty annoying. Not to mention that its a waste of batter life on the GamePad when you're not using it.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Torchwood

239. Posted:

I don't mind using a different controller, and I typically do use my Pro Controller, but I just can't understand why the display on the GamePad absolutely must be on at all times. Some people don't have another controller, and it can be distracting to have the same thing that's on the TV being displayed in your hands as well.

AuthorMessage

Mizore

240. Posted:

...You can turn the GamePad's screen off you know, lol