Forums

Topic: Wind Waker HD

Posts 201 to 220 of 629

ITAFTRS

It's really a shame that I have such an old TV, so I will lack that whole HD thing... But Wind Waker is such a nice game, so I would be a fool not to buy it. The cartoony animation is just so gorgeous, they really managed to get the expressions of all the characters so well that way. Can't wait! By the way, does anyone know when this game will be released, more exactly? All I've heard so far is "fall".

ITAFTRS

Joeynator3000

Well it is coming out this fall...so, you have enough time to save up for an HD TV, lol.
I got mine for about $150.

No more anime girls for now...maybe they'll show up as my avi every now and then...lol
YES I MAKE STUPID MISTAKES CONSTANTLY, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
ZOMG YOUTUBE!!!
Lzeon's name is here because he's a poopy head, and Megumi is smexy.

Twitter:

NotYourFriendo

Because of this page, I just searched through my Gamecube collection to find it. I start over tomorrow!

"What's the most you've ever lost on a coin toss?"

Nintendo Network ID: notyourfriendo

Emaan

So I wonder if this new artwork from E3 will reappear as potential box art for this game?

Untitled

yoshi's disco
pink ness -quik backloggery
✰ not around as much as I used to be :o ) ✰

Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

Macattack

Bah, the game looks almost identical to its gamecube original. When I heard "HD", I was expecting something truly amazing. Sure, the character models might look a little smoother, the background might pay a slight more attention to detail, but there's really no major difference. Ocarina of Time HD made so much more sense.
Nintendo won't fool me with this title. I've always got the old original Wind Waker to replay if want~ ^^

Edited on by Macattack

"Bye squiggleTail. You were like an online pony father to me or something." - Retro-on-theGo

Varia01

This game looks pretty fun (Like all Zelda games) and quite creative. I can see why this game is one of the best games in Zelda. That HD is quite good for this game. I am looking forward to this.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

Macattack

What, this topic's dead already? But there's so much more to talk about. I mean, the boat can move at least two times as fast! The graphics have been improved! The Tingle Tuner has been replaced!!! Did I mention that the graphics have been updated?!
I hope they don't change too much of the dialogue, gameplay, scenery, cutscenes, lighting etc. I just loved Wind Waker way too much.

"Bye squiggleTail. You were like an online pony father to me or something." - Retro-on-theGo

Gummioguava

Oh, @Macattack! You forgot to mention they updated the graphics!!
I very much so liked the old one. I think it's alright if they change the graphics, but they better not change anything else. I enjoyed the Tingle Tuner from the original! :3

Previously I-hate-ponies
gummigator.deviantart.com
gummioguava.tumblr.com

19Robb92

Is this confirmed to have Pro Controller support??

Looking forward to: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Macattack

@19Robb92: Is it?! Holy cow... I never even thought about that!
Untitled

Edited on by Macattack

"Bye squiggleTail. You were like an online pony father to me or something." - Retro-on-theGo

Innit

Unless they are keeping something back, it's disappointing - in that it just seems mildly tweaked beyond visuals.

And to be honest, WW is a great looking game already. A LOZ:TP HD remaster - more than textures - that would have made more of a splash.

LOZ:WW HD will look great because it already does. It's a shame and a let-down that Nintendo didn't go further.

Innit

MeWario

Innit wrote:

Unless they are keeping something back, it's disappointing - in that it just seems mildly tweaked beyond visuals.

And to be honest, WW is a great looking game already. A LOZ:TP HD remaster - more than textures - that would have made more of a splash.

LOZ:WW HD will look great because it already does. It's a shame and a let-down that Nintendo didn't go further.

Nah I disagree. Twilight Princess wouldn't have made a bigger splash. First of all there are many more people out there that haven't played Wind Waker and it's one of the most unique Zeldas. Secondly Twilight Princess is the worst 3D Zelda ever, by a mile too. Would be a complete waste of time creating a remastered version. Wind Waker is still gorgeous, you're right, but I don't think that's a reason to not want to make it even more beautiful. Only disappointing aspect is that they don't seem to be adding any new temples It may only go so far as a being a visual upgrade, but I think it's still a worth while endeavour; it's a game that everyone should experience. (And not for some insane price on EBay)

Edited on by MeWario

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Innit

MeWario wrote:

Nah I disagree. Twilight Princess wouldn't have made a bigger splash.)

Clarify - in the graphics dept.

Innit

Macattack

It would seem that Twilight Princess and Winder Waker are two completely different animals. I agree with @MeWario that TP wouldn't have out-splashed this 'new' WW, at least not to Japan where Toon Link is king. An HD remake would also be considered a little too early by some fans I think. (not me, but some fans)
But it's also true that TP appears to have more room for improvement (at least for the style it was going for) than WW. (which is cell-shaded, after all)

Aside from that, we need to remember that this game is primarily for those who never had a chance to play the original. After all, why whine about something that wasn't meant for you?

Edited on by Macattack

"Bye squiggleTail. You were like an online pony father to me or something." - Retro-on-theGo

Stryker89

The only problem I have with this game is that the original still looks really good today thanks to the cel-shaded graphics and art style. It has stood the test of time, and the HD update really hasn't made much of an impact on me.

Current games: Splatoon, The Witcher 3
Upcoming: NX...

R.I.P Satoru Iwata

Innit

Macattack wrote:

But it's also true that TP appears to have more room for improvement (at least for the style it was going for) than WW.

That was my point, there being far more milage in a visual upgrade for a TP remaster. It would require far more work and new model content, but that game would look firstly insane and secondly very, very different.

WW HD is an upscale with some extra lighting effects. Looks great. Easy.

And without any real content additions, arguably lazy.

Innit

Phatosaurus

Innit wrote:

Macattack wrote:

But it's also true that TP appears to have more room for improvement (at least for the style it was going for) than WW.

That was my point, there being far more milage in a visual upgrade for a TP remaster. It would require far more work and new model content, but that game would look firstly insane and secondly very, very different.

WW HD is an upscale with some extra lighting effects. Looks great. Easy.

And without any real content additions, arguably lazy.

That tends to be what you get with "HD" re-releases.
See every "HD" re-release currently on the PS3/360.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

Innit

Phatosaurus wrote:

That tends to be what you get with "HD" re-releases.
See every "HD" re-release currently on the PS3/360.

And?

Innit

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic