Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - OT

Posts 141 to 160 of 610

MAN1AC

I have not played the first one so I'm really looking forward to this game.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

ShadJV

Emaan wrote:

@ShadJV, well.

It could be argued Ocarina of Time 3D wasn't just a 3D port of the original. They updated the gameplay. Made some changes to dungeons like the Water Temple. Added the Master Quest. Yet it kept the 3D in the title.

Even though they're updating the gameplay and possibly adding extra to the game, the HD aspect is still the focus.

I'd counter that argument saying the Master Quest was not new content (it was released awhile back in Japan and then on a bonus gamecube disc in the US), and the changes to the water temple were cosmetic. The only actually new content was boss rush mode (which was not new content, just a new mode using existing content) and the hint system (which is hardly content and added nothing for veteran players). It may not have been a straight port but old players (who already played Master Quest) looking for new experiences could be disappointed if Nintendo tried to market it as so.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

the_shpydar

Sean_Aaron wrote:

I think they should call it Wind Waker 2 - just to confuse people.

I vote for "Wind Waker Too".
Like the second Teen Wolf movie.
But with less Jason Bateman.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ITAFTRS

Oh, I'm sooo looking forward for this! I totally love the original game, and will be more than happy to play it once again on the Wii U:D

ITAFTRS

WebHead

This looks awesome! I can't wait for this.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

ThePirateCaptain

It seems like all these gamin sites keep making articles on what they need to add or change in Wind Waker HD. I'm not saying I'm against them improving or adding things to the game, it would be nice, but at the same time I don't have high hopes for that.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Chrono_Cross

I just don't see this being a system seller beyond the hardcore fans.

If there's no added content beyond a new game+ type mode, there's no reason to spend full price on a game with updated graphics. The entire reason Ocarina of Time 3D sold as well as it did was due to the lack of games and desperate 3DS owners. This won't be the case this upcoming November with Wii U.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Retro_on_theGo

Chrono_Cross wrote:

If there's no added content beyond a new game+ type mode, there's no reason to spend full price on a game with updated graphics. The entire reason Ocarina of Time 3D sold as well as it did was due to the lack of games and desperate 3DS owners. This won't be the case this upcoming November with Wii U.

Yes it will. The Wii U will have like what? 2 good games by then. Unless massive surprises await at e3. Which I doubt.

NintySince96

Am I the only one that's disappointed that they chose Wind Waker to do HD? Considering the art style, he graphical leap isn't going to be all that outstanding. I was really hoping for MM. Now THAT would be amazing.

NintySince96

Snagrio

NintySince96 wrote:

Am I the only one that's disappointed that they chose Wind Waker to do HD? Considering the art style, he graphical leap isn't going to be all that outstanding. I was really hoping for MM. Now THAT would be amazing.

Well, here's a glimpse into what could have been. Obviously a fake, but still tantalizing nonetheless.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SuperToad

I'm glad it's fake.

SuperToad

PhoenixUltra

never finished gc version, so getting the wii u remake.

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

shinpichu

Wind Waker is my favourite Zelda, so I'm glad to see it getting remade. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one: I MIGHT get it, but only if new features are added.

I'd love to see:
-A quest log that keeps track of what sidequests you've completed(i.e. Heart Pieces, Blue ChuChus, etc.). I recently restarted a playthrough that was almost finished because I had ONE heart piece left to get and didn't know which it was, and being OCD i couldn't bring myself to finish the game.
-A "Master quest" mode of some sort.

Add these and I'd be willing to buy it for $40-$50. Now, if they add the cut Fire and Ice Dungeons, cut out a lot of the late game fetch quests, and maybe flesh out the Ghost Ship, you've got me sold.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

Chrono_Cross

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Yes it will. The Wii U will have like what? 2 good games by then. Unless massive surprises await at e3. Which I doubt.

There's only so many people that are going to throw down $300+ on a Wii U for one game.

Hopefully it does move a lot of consoles, but I highly doubt it.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

cornishlee

Well, three hours into Skyward Sword I'm a lot less interested in Wind Waker.

I do like 3D action RPGs but had avoided Zelda until I downloaded Ocarina on the Wii. That game really impressed me. I'd avoided it because generally I don't enjoy things from the perspective of teenagers and children. That's not a criticism of those that do, it's just a personal preference. I have the same preference with books; maybe I find it harder to empathise with the protagonist, who knows. Rarely, I can overcome that prejudice in a really good book and Ocarina overcame it in the form of a video game. Skyward Sword's just failing though. The art style and the dialogue are combining to encourage me to hurl sarcasm and abuse at the characters, including Link. There, I said it, I don't like the character I'm playing as.

So the thought's struck me that maybe I enjoyed Ocarina more because it was darker - both in terms of its colour palette and its story content. Does Skyward Sword get any better in either way as the game progresses? I'm guessing not. More pertinent to this thread though, if those superficial problems are impeding my enjoyment of the game, would I enjoy Wind Waker? I'm guessing not but I'd love to be proven wrong. Right now there's not a whole lot I'm looking forward to on Wii U, even if I expect that to change at E3.

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

Jellitoe

cornishlee wrote:

Well, three hours into Skyward Sword I'm a lot less interested in Wind Waker.

I do like 3D action RPGs but had avoided Zelda until I downloaded Ocarina on the Wii. That game really impressed me. I'd avoided it because generally I don't enjoy things from the perspective of teenagers and children. That's not a criticism of those that do, it's just a personal preference. I have the same preference with books; maybe I find it harder to empathise with the protagonist, who knows. Rarely, I can overcome that prejudice in a really good book and Ocarina overcame it in the form of a video game. Skyward Sword's just failing though. The art style and the dialogue are combining to encourage me to hurl sarcasm and abuse at the characters, including Link. There, I said it, I don't like the character I'm playing as.

So the thought's struck me that maybe I enjoyed Ocarina more because it was darker - both in terms of its colour palette and its story content. Does Skyward Sword get any better in either way as the game progresses? I'm guessing not. More pertinent to this thread though, if those superficial problems are impeding my enjoyment of the game, would I enjoy Wind Waker? I'm guessing not but I'd love to be proven wrong. Right now there's not a whole lot I'm looking forward to on Wii U, even if I expect that to change at E3.

If you were looking for Darker versions of Zelda, that would be called Twilight Princess, as Skyward Sword is more upbeat, colorful . etc.
Skyward Sword is a good game though, play it through. The last bosses are actually pretty hard and fun to face off against.

Jellitoe

Twitter:

cornishlee

Jellitoe wrote:

Skyward Sword is a good game though, play it through. The last bosses are actually pretty hard and fun to face off against.

I'm playing it; I can't afford to not finish a game I've paid for. I may still look at Twilight Princess after this (I mentioned earlier on this thread that I bought this one because it was/is temporarily cheaper than TP and I was undecided - a swaying factor was my love for the combat in Red Steel 2) but as I said, Wind Waker definitely isn't as enticing. Hopefully the game will grow on me.

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

kkslider5552000

Yeah the first parts of Skyward Sword's story is pretty...eh...it does get better.

though I'm pretty certain your problem is that Skyward Sword is pratically the only Zelda where Link's personality is of any relevance to anything. Of course I find it hard to take criticism of Skyward Sword seriously if you're just gonna not mention Fi.

though you should definitely play Majora's Mask if anything. That game easily has the best use of darker themes in the series.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Happy_Mask

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Yeah the first parts of Skyward Sword's story is pretty...eh...it does get better.

though I'm pretty certain your problem is that Skyward Sword is pratically the only Zelda where Link's personality is of any relevance to anything. Of course I find it hard to take criticism of Skyward Sword seriously if you're just gonna not mention Fi.

though you should definitely play Majora's Mask if anything. That game easily has the best use of darker themes in the series.

Yeah, whenever KK mentions Majora's Mask in a post, he's always right. Don't question it! :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Nintengirl

Personally I loved SS and hated TP. Huh.
After about the 1st dungeon it gets better but before that it's pretty boring.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.