Wii U Forum

Topic: Wind Waker HD

Showing 121 to 140 of 613

AuthorMessage

Marakuto

121. Posted:

Shark Island should be way more difficult this time and have more enemies than before.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals will pay you to keep their stolen goods safe.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

AuthorMessage

CM30

122. Posted:

I suspect they might. Someone on another site (or was it here? Can't remember) said that it'd be good to put in a quick option to change the wind direction and switch between using and not using the sail. That seems very possible.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

123. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Yeah! Let's encourage Nintendo not making any new Zelda games by keep on releasing old ones!

WOOO!!

I'm sure this has been settled already, but Nintendo has, like, 7+ development teams under its belt. A remake probably isn't gonna take away from a new Game, it's just gonna give them money and necessary experience that'll help them along the way to the new game's release.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

124. Posted:

Gamesradar says the HD screens don't look as cel-shaded as the original. I think I can see what they mean. I'm excited to try out the finished game for myself either way.

Untitled
Untitled

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Link-Hero

125. Posted:

CapnPancakez wrote:

Anyone feel like when they said they would "improve the gameplay" and do a few little tweaks it was because of the sailing? IIRC that was a lot of people's biggest problem (besides the art style >.>) so they could make it faster or something.

I was never bothered by the sailing (in fact, it was always one of my favorite parts in the game), though the having to change the wind and watch an unskipable cutscene just to sail in a certain direction got annoying after awhile. It especialy gets annoying when you are required to change the wind very often at certain parts in the game.

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

AuthorMessage

Knux

126. Posted:

Oh, so this is more of a HD remake than just a mere HD remaster? I see, so this is essentially what Nintendo did by releasing Ocarina of Time. Well crap, I may have to get this after all...

However, it's not going to be the main reason that I eventually buy a Wii U.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

127. Posted:

I don't know if it's just me and I'll be hanged for this but....going off the current screenshots...

This game looks better on the GameCube. The cel-shading is more prominent there and it just look so gorgeous. With the Wii U one it really screams "Graphics! We need beautiful graphics to the maaaax!" and the GameCube version has a simple beauty and looks timeless.
I really don't think this needs a remake anymore.

That said the HD screenshots DO look friggin' beautiful. I'll probably even end up buying this. I just prefer the original look. Right now anyways.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

128. Posted:

I think the problem is we see nothing in motion. In the screenshot Link and Tetra look like lifeless dolls more than anything.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Emaan

129. Posted:

@Retro, I'm right there with you. Maybe its just me not adjusting yet, but what we've seen looks over-saturated, over-contrasted, and just looks almost too high quality for my taste.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

130. Posted:

Why is Tetra on Windfall Island? :O

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

131. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I think the problem is we see nothing in motion. In the screenshot Link and Tetra look like lifeless dolls more than anything.

They look like clay figures to me.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Emaan

132. Posted:

@LZ, that might just be for visual purposes, but who knows :3

@Retro, my thoughts exactly, but as @kkslider said, perhaps we need to see it in motion first before we pass final judgement.

...I'll still get this anyways. :O

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

133. Posted:

Everything you already said Emaan!

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

skywake

134. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

So in the end this was the general reaction:

actually.... it would be more appropriate if you did it this way.....

New games for the Wii U. It's an Epic Yarn style Yoshi and some games you knew we were working on
Untitled
Also Wind Waker HD
Untitled

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Emaan

135. Posted:

@skywake, actually that second reaction would be very accurate of me when Yarn Yoshi was announced ;_;

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

NMRodo

136. Posted:

I never got to experience Wind Waker when it first came out (wasn't much of a Zelda fan), so this is a great opportunity for me. Hopefully we'll see more HD remakes in the future.

NMRodo

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2413-1085 | Nintendo Network ID: Nick117

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

137. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

@Retro, I'm right there with you. Maybe its just me not adjusting yet, but what we've seen looks over-saturated, over-contrasted, and just looks almost too high quality for my taste.

Is there such a thing as "too" high quality?

This looks great. They would have to significantly enhance the graphics over the Gamecube original since keeping the classic look even in HD would not look that enhanced. So they may as well have just port it to Virtual Console if they wanted to keep the original look.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

138. Posted:

So... is the official title Wind Waker Reborn? Because that's what I've heard...

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

cornishlee

139. Posted:

cornishlee wrote:

So, do I get this, Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword first?

Look's like it's Skyward Sword. Currently £15 at Amazon.co.uk

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

140. Posted:

I think they should call it Wind Waker 2 - just to confuse people.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron