Forums

Topic: Will you get the Deluxe, Basic, or ZombieU(EU only) Wii U bundle?

Posts 141 to 160 of 167

edhe

I'm really conflicted on this.

I'm not particularly interested in ZombiU, and that particular SKU costs a lot of money. As uninterested in ZombiU as I am, I have even less enthusiasm for NintendoLand - If I was to get my WiiU and a copy of it, I doubt I'd even put it into the machine (although I'll nick the registration code before selling it on, teehee).

That leaves the Standard Edition, and while it doesn't come with a game, it doesn't come with the (prospective) tasty 10% discount on all Nintendo Network.

So I could buy a WiiU - sell the game that comes with it, and buy a game I would much rather play, there's still the matter of buying one. On GAME, they range from £34.99 to £49.99 - the price differences seem totally arbitrary; for example, Tekken Tag Tournament 2: £39.99, Rabbids Land: £49.99, Rayman Legends: £39.99, Game & Wario £49.99. If I were to buy any games, they'd be either Assassin's Creed 3, Pikmin 3, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Project P-100, and they are all priced at £49.99.

Granted, I have been looking mainly at GAME's prices, and Zavvi's game prices are much more agreeable - it depends on how long that lasts; they've already whacked their WiiU console prices up in line with GAME's.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

SpentAllMyTokens

Was on the fence about Nintendoland, but with that, the stand, and the 10% off downloadable games for 2 years (especially if this includes retail downloads), that's a good deal for me. I just wish it came in white. I didn't preorder it though - so unless someone is awesome enough to get it for me for x-mas, I'll be playing wii until next year.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

SubBronze

I have to say, I'm really on the fence about all of them. For one, the Basic bundle is actually somewhat affordable with me being at university (and therefore poor...), and I'm still not 100% sure about Nintendoland or ZombiU. If ZombiU gets good reviews, I'll most likely get that bundle. If not and Nintendoland is better than I'm expecting, Deluxe. If not, Basic. The ZombiU bundle is definitely the most price-efficient way to go for getting the most stuff and the 10% off downloads, but we'll just see. Plus, we have the awesome external hard drive compatibility feature, which will give even the Basic bundle virtually all the space you need. Guess I'll decide later down the line, and most likely Christmas where I'll get tonnes of money.

But if I don't get a TV in my uni dorm by the time it comes out, I'll obviously need to wait to get that necessity.

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Ryno

I preordered the Deluxe. Now for a little over a month and half wait left...

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

edhe

I ordered the ZombiU edition from HMV - £20 cheaper than GAME, and I'll probably be able to buy a second game as well - albeit from GAME. I actually have about £26 on my Gift card and Reward combined.

And then once I spend all that, and for as long as the other retailers games cost less than at GAME, I'll stop shopping there.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Grodus

I'l explain this, with Haiku:

Preordered deluxe.
My console waits at GameStop.
It will be awesome.

I am Grodus. I will kidnap YOUR princess for the Shadow Queen, too!

Ludicoloishome

I think with all the pre orders out of stock i would have to pre order a basic bundle from toy r' us with Batman Arkham City and Scribblenauts unlimited

Ludicoloishome

e-love

When you're all saying pre-orders are out of stock, are you only speaking of the online orders? I was able to have a Wii U saved for me at my local Best Buy, and I'll be paying in full then picking it up on launch day. They may be sold out online, but your local stores are still getting them on store shelves, its separate from online.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Norfair

Didn't pre-order.
I really want a Wii U in white.
Getting Basic over Deluxe would be stupid, and I feel that if I just wait for a good Wii U in white it might take years or never happen and I am going to miss out on the Nintendo Network Premium.

My body is ready, can you say the same? Is your body ready?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-9601-9308

Ryno

Emaan wrote:

When you're all saying pre-orders are out of stock, are you only speaking of the online orders? I was able to have a Wii U saved for me at my local Best Buy, and I'll be paying in full then picking it up on launch day. They may be sold out online, but your local stores are still getting them on store shelves, its separate from online.

When did you do that though? Did you get a receipt? I wouldn't say you are guaranteed or "saved" anything without something like a receipt. Even then I am still am not 100% sure.

Checks Best Buy receipt and order number again

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

e-love

Ryno wrote:

Emaan wrote:

When did you do that though? Did you get a receipt? I wouldn't say you are guaranteed or "saved" anything without something like a receipt. Even then I am still am not 100% sure.

Checks Best Buy receipt and order number again

I did it the first day Best Buy was accepting pre-orders at the store. Which was September 17th, I believe.
I placed $5 down, and they said they would hold on to one for me in the back. I got my receipt and everything. Since the stores are getting about 20 systems each they told me. I was one of the first people to pre-order it at my store so I don't think it should be a problem.

How come no one else is doing that? Its not only online.

Edited on by e-love

New_3DaSh_XL

Emaan wrote:

I walked into GameStop just last night, so I didn't know until then thatthey were available for preorder there too. So online status: SOLD OUT.
Online status: IN STOCK.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Ryno

Emaan wrote:

I did it the first day Best Buy was accepting pre-orders at the store. Which was September 17th, I believe.
I placed $5 down, and they said they would hold on to one for me in the back. I got my receipt and everything. Since the stores are getting about 20 systems each they told me. I was one of the first people to pre-order it at my store so I don't think it should be a problem.

How come no one else is doing that? Its not only online.

Cool. I ordered mine online because it was convenient and I might as well pay for it in full now.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Auracle

Me and my bros. all chipped in and preordered the Deluxe bundle. I can't wait for November 18!

Edited on by Auracle

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

e-love

3Dash wrote:

So online status: SOLD OUT.
Online status: IN STOCK.

Wait what?

Moshugan

Well, I finally decided to pre-order a ZombiU Premium pack! I'm gonna be so broke what with game prices being so high these days.
(Also, EU prices are still preposterously high)

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.