Forums

Topic: Will you get a wii u if the xbox 720 launches this year.

Posts 21 to 40 of 218

shingi_70

Thinking about it more it depends on what's coming at launch. The Wii U is looking to have a shockingly good launch. I could wait to get a woa tablet and just have a really great gaming machine. It also depends on how the non gaming functions are at launch and the feature set. Stuff Like Using the 3DS/WIndows Phone on the Next gen systems is important to me.

But honestly don't have a wii and i'm buying xenoblade and The Last Story so i want to play them as soon as possible.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kevohki

The_Fox wrote:

The 3DS and Wii launch lineups were awful so I'll probably never pick up another Nintendo system without waiting for the library to grow a bit.

This. Plus the price will probably drop for the Wii U once the PS4 and new Xbox come out in 2013 or 2014.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

19Robb92

Well, since I have no interest in Microsofts exclusive titles I'd definitely pick the WiiU over the NextBox. I'll be going Sony/Nintendo/PC next gen again.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

shinesprite

No - WiiU all the Way!!!

I won't necessarily get it day 1, but probably before the end of the year.

shinesprite

Raukuun

I've got a great gaming PC already, so I don't really ever need an Xbox, and I've always been a Nintendo fan since I've started playing games so I'm going to have to buy the Wii U. Maybe not first day, but pretty soon after.

Raukuun

Twitter:

iHailPhilly

WiiU, day one purchase. Only company for me that comes before Nintendo is Apple.

iHailPhilly

DanteSolablood

HailCaesar wrote:

WiiU, day one purchase. Only company for me that comes before Nintendo is Apple.

You have my commiserations.

I'm not a huge Xbox fan at all, I've never really found the appeal of first-person shooters & that seems to make up such a huge amount of the 360's exclusives and attention. I'm more likely to hold out & see what Sony are going to come up with & then make my mind up on what home console to buy then. While I adore Nintendo, they don't get all the best RPG, Strategy or Gundam games. UNTIL then though I'll buy all the handhelds I can afford!

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

Mieu-Fire

i like the xbox 360 i have 41 games for it and my ps3 only got 7 and my wii 36 so i dont wanna go out and buy anouther console specialy idf there game line-up isnt good i can wait a year

MANGO

komicturtle

Yes.

I see no reason to get the nextBox if there really isn't any 1st party exclusives that stand out. I still stand by my stance in that Microsoft will have a hard time in the next gen if they can't get their 1st party efforts together and stop relying on 3rd party content- because really, it seems to me that all the 3rd party content is going to make it's way to Nintendo's platforms and of course, Sony's no doubt (which has been happening all the time with 360 and PS3).

My brother might get it though.

But WiiU is all I really want this upcoming holiday season.

komicturtle

WolfRamHeart

At the moment, I am not really interested in purchasing the Xbox 720(or whatever it may be called) until I have learned more about it. Anyway, I think that it is highly unlikely that Microsoft's new system will be ready for release this year. I expect them to announce that they are working on it and possibly some specs at this year's E3 but that will probably be it. I am strongly considering picking up a Wii U though. At first I was discouraged by the underwhelming unveiling at E3 but now that more is being revealed about the Wii U I am a lot more optimistic about it. I think that Nintendo has been on a bit of a roll as of late and they are taking the necessary steps to improve their company and products. There is still a lot of work to be done but they seem to be heading in the right direction. I won't be officially sold on the Wii U until I actually see what the system is capable of as well as the games and of course, the price.

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

Drawdler

I'm going to get the Wii U day one because it's Nintendo, and I never use my 360 anymore, sooooo...

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Peznaze

No new consoles for me this year. Not in the budget.
Had I the funds, however, I find little of interest on Microsoft's boxes, so no, their launch wouldn't stop me buying the Wii U.

Peznaze

Mabbit

Nope. I just got a PS3 >.<
Oh yeah, and XBOX SUXXXX MICROSOFT IS TEH SUXOR LOL
So that's that.

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

brooks83

I'm thinking my next console purchase will be a PS3. Unless info on the WiiU really blows me away, I will probably hold off on getting one for awhile.

brooks83

SteveW

Wii U is the only thing I want. Nintendo makes quality hardware.

SteveW

SteveW

brooks83 wrote:

I'm thinking my next console purchase will be a PS3. Unless info on the WiiU really blows me away, I will probably hold off on getting one for awhile.

Are you actually doubting that the Wii U will be more powerful than the PS3? it will definitely be more powerful.

Edited on by SteveW

SteveW

shingi_70

SteveW wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Are you actually doubting that the Wii U will be more powerful than the PS3? it will definitely be more powerful.

He never said that. And even though the Wii U will be more powerful it won't be noticeable with launch titles. look at the 360 and PS3 launches. The games looked good , but not any noticeable difference between them and the last-gen systems. It took over a year for games to start coming out that had any noticeable difference (Gears of war, Metal Gear Solid 4).

Not only that but the Wii U is going to have launch games by Nintendo a company with no experience in HD experience while being compared too Halo 4 and The Last of Us.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Knux

After my second 360's RROD, I plan to never buy a 720. As for the Wii U, time (and games) will tell...

Knux

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.