Forums

Topic: Will you get a wii u if the xbox 720 launches this year.

Posts 181 to 200 of 218

MAB

Nah! sticking with good old ninty me mate. Sold the PS3 mid last year because it collected too much dust i got sick of having the same shooters thrown at me everyweek i was beginning to think sony was training me to be some sort of super soldier. Full on mental drain into nausea city. Played the Wii alot more and over 150 VC games later saved my soul
Wii 3DS SUPER WiiTENDO baby

MAB

shingi_70

Lol what. How is kinect horrible and somehow the half baked wiimote isn't?

******* fanboys.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

FonistofCruxis

shingi_70 wrote:

Lol what. How is kinect horrible and somehow the half baked wiimote isn't?

******* fanboys.

I don't see how the Wiimote is that bad when compared to the Kinect as its physical and has buttons to go with the motions so there's a wider variety of games that could be made for it but it seems likely that you comment may have just been a hasty reaction in your anger from the hopelessly blind fanboy as fanboys like those are annoying.

shingi_70

Eh by Half-baked I meant Motion Plus being needed to use the full potential. I fully realize that The Kinect used in Retail is gimped compared to the Orginal test unit. The Kinect we have doesn't have its own Individual processor and has inferior Lens compared to the one that was used. With Kinect the software is there to work at Far and close range (Kinect WIndows SDK) the problem was that it wasn't cost effective like the wiimote was.

And I l know that from a Gaming perspective Kinect is horrid for most genre's from a pure technical standpoint and Practical non gaming uses the Kinect has far more milage than the wiimote technology.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Matti

Yeah, I'm getting Wii U sooner or later. I'm not interested in 720 (or whatever that will be called). I have a good gaming PC and most of the 720/PS4 games will be released for PC too, so there's not much point for me to get any other console than Nintendo's latest.

Some random Finnish gamer

3DS Friend Code: 0087-2684-3636 | Nintendo Network ID: mrkuribo

Whopper744

Yes. I will probably always stick with Nintendo above the others.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

shingi_70

3Dangerous3Dash wrote:

The Kinect has no good games and makes you tired, so that you don't want to play after a while.

The *****

Dance Central 1&2
Seasme Street: once upon a monster
My shape: Fitness Evolved
Kinect Sports
Minecraft
The Gunstringer
Double Fine Happy Action Theater
Child of Eden
fruit Ninja

I could go on.

WAT!

shingi_70

WaveBoy wrote:

Well all i know is that i wouldn't want to use my hand as a 'pretend pistol' to play Metroid Prime 3 or Golden Eye 007 And there's No buttons, plus how am i supposed to move my character around without an anlog stick? But ya, i get what you're saying. The Kinect is superior for certain genre's where as the Wii remote/Nunchuck is miles better in others. Tis a shamey' that the retail kinect hasn't exactly lived up to the actual Test units....

Plus, MS's Kinect commercials are extremely unexciting(Considering how amazing 'and' exciting MS made it look during 'ahem' NATAL's big reveal, like it was a revolution), soccer mom-lame and ridiculously generic if you ask me.....They acted like Natal/Kinect was the next big 'thing' and instead they give the product an array of junky trash throwaway 'whatever' commercials like it's some typical ho hum add-on....

If I still had my XBOX, i still would of definitly picked up a Kinect. Seems pretty fun for what it is!

Its that cost. But Yeah for most stuff the Wiimote is better but for non gaming stuff Kinect is the clear winner.

Also not all kinect commercials are lame.

WAT!

New_3DaSh_XL

Fruit Ninja is an iPhone game, Minecraft is a PC game, and Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures or OK, I guess but I'd rather play on the Wii or 3DS. Last time I played on the Xbox 360 was for Genesis Collection, so I could play classic Sonic the Hedgehog. The rest of the Kinect games I wouldn't play. And why pay $50 for a game can get for $1?

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

FonistofCruxis

3Dangerous3Dash wrote:

Fruit Ninja is an iPhone game, Minecraft is a PC game, and Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures or OK, I guess but I'd rather play on the Wii or 3DS. Last time I played on the Xbox 360 was for Genesis Collection, so I could play classic Sonic the Hedgehog. The rest of the Kinect games I wouldn't play. And why pay $50 for a game can get for $1?

Fruit ninja is a download on 360 too so it can't be that much more expensive.

shingi_70

3Dangerous3Dash wrote:

and that Logic is what's killing the Industry. How is Mincraft being on PC negate the fact that on consoles it works with kinect. same with Fruit Ninja.

WAT!

kkslider5552000

I just realized, this would be like 3DS/DS last year where the DS somehow had more and better games than the new system. In other words, why would I care about spending all that money for an ENTIRE NEW CONSOLE from Microsoft when I could get Bioshock Infinite and Assassin's Creed 3 instead?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

kkslider5552000

3Dangerous3Dash wrote:

There is that too; the 720 might not have any good games to start off.

I wasn't even saying that, but yeah. Especially since Microsoft will probably not even advertise it as a gaming console the way things are going and not bother having good games on the system. Sadly it would probably still work as I basically described the NES advertising and PS2's launch, respectively.

shingi_70

well most consoles don't have good games at launch.

Not sure why people give Microsoft crap for not having games when they have a far more diverse line up in the digital space than sony. Makes more sense to have your Heavy Hitters be retail and have the bulk of your line up be XBLA games. Much better than what sony does and having about 4 franchises that overlap and compete with each other for sales.
What's the NES advantage?

WAT!

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

NES, SNES, GB, GCN, PS1?, Dreamcast, GBA, Wii maybe?!?!, Genesis, Vita

Granted, I mean more the first few months rather than necessarily day 1 launch titles.

Chrono_Cross

kkslider5552000 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Wii maybe?!?!,

Twilight Princess and Excite Truck were awesomely fun. So I'd say it was good.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

shingi_70

By launch I usually mean the Games that come out that day and not the launch window.

WAT!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.