Forums

Topic: Will you get a wii u if the xbox 720 launches this year.

Posts 141 to 160 of 218

CanisWolfred

...if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I play PC games every once in a while. I get by fine without anologue sticks. In fact, I think racers and 3D Platformers and Brawlers, most of which are made for consoles first, suffer from the lack of anologue sticks. I got a PS2 controller converter for those (and fighting games, but those play fine with the arrow keys, too). While the Analogue stick adds more precise movement, that precision is not necessary for a lot of games. I guess they were right when they said innovation =/= improvement...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mandoble

WaveBoy, do you wonder how many analog axes does have my Joystick setup and how many simultaneous "movements" can I generate at once? 10 + other 4 multidirectional digital ones. Probably you dont even know what I'm talking about, but control-wise the consoles are in no way ahead of PCs (then I can also include a keyboard + a mouse).

Mandoble

kkslider5552000

Mandoble wrote:

WaveBoy, do you wonder how many analog axes does have my Joystick setup and how many simultaneous "movements" can I generate at once? 10 + other 4 multidirectional digital ones. Probably you dont even know what I'm talking about, but control-wise the consoles are in no way ahead of PCs (then I can also include a keyboard + a mouse).

I see you took PC elitist 101.

"Oh you silly console commoners, go back to your manual labor."

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

WaveBoy wrote:

Malkeor wrote:

@Waveboy
Your words break my heart

But I do agree with having up keep upgrading with PCs, but for some people that's fun. Alot of PC gamers actually build their own systems from scratch, and buy all the parts. They enjoy power over everything else. For me though...it's a headache...i'm still debating weather to build an ultra strong PC for Guild Wars 2

There are a few genres IMO that play alot better with a PC than consoles though, that's mainly why I use my PC for gaming.

Like Diablo? hehe

I feel like that was supposed to be a joke, but I don't see how a game of that quality could possibly be used as a joke...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

isn't diablo 3 getting a console port.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Chrono_Cross

If it ain't broke, fix it. Because nothing is perfect and whatever you did right, you should probably do the opposite. #BestDeveloperTacticEver

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Mandoble

kkslider, it is not a matter of elitism at all, but thinking that PC gamers are limited to a keyboard and a mouse is a demostration of the most absolute ignorance about game controllers. Oh, in my list I forgot two extra axes from the Track IR And yes, compared to that Wii controls represent the stone age, WiiU might come close to the medieval era

Mandoble

Ryno

Mandoble wrote:

kkslider, it is not a matter of elitism at all, but thinking that PC gamers are limited to a keyboard and a mouse is a demostration of the most absolute ignorance about game controllers. Oh, in my list I forgot two extra axes from the Track IR And yes, compared to that Wii controls represent the stone age, WiiU might come close to the medieval era

Surprised you would subjugate your totally rad PC to posting here on the paltry Nintendolife forum.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Mandoble

LOL, well, the point is that I'm not that concerned about controls as some others are, but if they come saying that PCs are limited to keyboard + mouse then I cannot resist to shut them up with maximum contundence. I can live without my "uber" Thrustmaster moster set up while playing with consoles, to be frank I use that almost exclusively for flight sims. But I do care about power, and quite a lot. Some ONE here belives that my concern is just graphic detail, the same ONE that is able to guarantee that in my more than 100 tittles for Wii I did miss the good ones (and the same one that has no idea what I'm talking about when 10 analog axes are referred). Lets put it this way, my Civ V takes about 10 seconds to resolve a full AI turn with 4 AI players, same would be solved in a minute by a PS3 rendering the game unplayable, now extrapolate to as many PC games as you want (you dont need even to mention graphic detail here). So, again, me (as many other PC gamers) would be willing to go for next XBoX/PS4 as long as CURRENT gap between PC gaming and consoles is minimized. Looking at the poor specs of WiiU, this one will not be an option (perhaps for my kids if they still have any interest on Marios next year).

Edited on by Mandoble

Mandoble

Chrono_Cross

Why do you come to a site dedicated to Nintendo, if they're so godawful? Shouldn't you be on a different forum? Or are you just a troll that finds enjoyment out of the fact that a lot of people don't want to hear opinions that are forced upon us as "facts" by someone with little to no knowledge of what he is talking about?

Stop me when I'm going too fast.

Just for you.

TheKingOfTown

Agree with VJ. Why are you on Nintendo Life?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

CanisWolfred

Just a friendly word of advice, I'd simply ignore Mandoble instead of giving more attention...but since I'm already breaking my own rule of pretending he doesn't exist, I might as well do this:

@Mandoble were you here when this place was VC-Reviews/Wiiware World?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mandoble

Now that you ask, I have two Wiis, 2 Ds, 1 DSiXL (the best of all of them), 1 3DS and some older ones, plus more than 160 games for these and many weird accesories, now tell me, who is more Nintendo "fan", you or me? But that doesnt mean that I'm supposed to talk only wonders about Nintendo, or yes? Is that what you read is wrong or is that you simply dont like it? Would I be talking wonders about N, would you be upset too? Even if what I say is total nonsense? Would you feel better if I write "I've never seen better design of that of the 3DS or WiiU? Really??

Mandoble

Eel

On a second thought... My borther just received a new XBOX 360 last xmas, I guess that lowers the chances of getting a new one if it launches this year...

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TheKingOfTown

Mandoble wrote:

Now that you ask, I have two Wiis, 2 Ds, 1 DSiXL (the best of all of them), 1 3DS and some older ones, plus more than 160 games for these and many weird accesories, now tell me, who is more Nintendo "fan", you or me? But that doesnt mean that I'm supposed to talk only wonders about Nintendo, or yes? Is that what you read is wrong or is that you simply dont like it? Would I be talking wonders about N, would you be upset too? Even if what I say is total nonsense? Would you feel better if I write "I've never seen better design of that of the 3DS or WiiU? Really??

It just seems like you've never said a positive thing about Nintendo on this site ever. If you really do like Nintendo, you're not making it obvious to people. Not saying that you have to like Nintendo and you don't have to be saying how great it is, but it just seems like you generally dislike Nintendo.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Chrono_Cross

Order-Sol wrote:

@Mandoble were you here when this place was VC-Reviews/Wiiware World?

According to his joined date, no. July 27th 2009 =/= Pre April 1st 2009.

@Mandoble
lol You're so funny. Where's your sitcom?

Just for you.

Ryno

Mandoble is a little preoccupied with his head up his extra axes.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Eel

On the other hand, he's prone to tantrums when he wants something, so he may pester my parents until they get him one.... Though he's completely capable of buying one himself... I'll have to ask him to correctly answer this question.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.