Wii U Forum

Topic: Will you get a wii u if the xbox 720 launches this year.

Showing 141 to 160 of 240

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

141. Posted:

As usual, anyway as said before I'm a PC gamer, but open to buy a next gen console as long as it can effectively rival with gaming PCs. Today they cannot, tomorrow who knows, and it is not just a matter of power only, the old mouse and keyboard have a lot to say there too. Will they have controls that allows me to play Civilization V games? or flight sims requiring 20 or more control keys? Or sending writen messages to other players while I play and in less than 5 seconds (to write anything in an on-touchscreen keyboard takes ages for me), etc.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

142. Posted:

I like to play video games.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

143. Posted:

We will probably get the "xbox 720" first if it gets announced. I'm more a "portable" kind of gamer and rarely play with home consoles, but my brother is a total xboxholic.
We will eventually get the WiiU, too.

Oh, sorry. Is this off topic?

Edited on by Moorpheel

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

CarbonSolo

144. Posted:

@topic

No.

CarbonSolo

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

145. Posted:

inb4CallofDutysux

Digitally Downloaded.

AuthorMessage

Jamouse

146. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

What a coincidence, so do I D:

Jamouse

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

147. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

As usual, anyway as said before I'm a PC gamer, but open to buy a next gen console as long as it can effectively rival with gaming PCs. Today they cannot, tomorrow who knows, and it is not just a matter of power only, the old mouse and keyboard have a lot to say there too. Will they have controls that allows me to play Civilization V games? or flight sims requiring 20 or more control keys? Or sending writen messages to other players while I play and in less than 5 seconds (to write anything in an on-touchscreen keyboard takes ages for me), etc.

Or you could buy the Multiplatform games you like on your money sink Gaming PC and just use your console for the exclusives. Oh, and PS3 and Wii let you use USB Keyboards, you know. The Wii U would probably make a good touch keyboard, too.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

148. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Ya, me too. I play video games to have fun. Not to obssess over how state of the art the graphics are, how many polygons are on screen or if the lighting and shading are hyper realistic. Seems like a superficial & ugly view Mandoble has on gaming considering he won't even branch out by owning a console due to the inferior(By a small margin) graphics.. Does gameplay 'innovation' ring a bell? You may beable to replicate an Xbox 360 or PS30 experience on your PC by using a gamepad(With certain multiconsole releases, while you're left in the dust with the exclusives) but you 'can't replicate the Wii experience period let alone play any of the Nintendo exclusives. Plus, your Keyboard and mouse set up are as old as the Dinosaurs my friend. But if you're happy with it, than that's all that matter i guess.

Anyways, I'm currently playing Wario Land for the gameboy, i bet Mandoble would laugh down at me in pitty, while shrugging that off for not boasting hyper realistic graphics. PC > Everything else NOT WORTHYYYY.

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

149. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Plus, your Keyboard and mouse set up are as old as the Dinosaurs my friend.

Naw, Gaming PCs evolve so fast he probably got his set up from the future to keep up.:P

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

150. Posted:

Order-Sol wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Plus, your Keyboard and mouse set up are as old as the Dinosaurs my friend.

Naw, Gaming PCs evolve so fast he probably got his set up from the future to keep up.:P

lol. As Futuristic as The Jetsons, but PC keyboards still use digital arrow keys to move your character. :p
The analog stick by itself was a big innovation with Super Mario 64(for ex) for giving your character the most subtle movements, giving you full precesion of your character in the 3D world where every slight movement of your thumb altered the character with different types of movements weather you wanted to slightly creep forward, walk slowly, walk normally, walk slightly faster, 'walk' faster, run or run very fast. Mario's controls sadly weren't as diverse in the Galaxy games, NIntendo mucked the analog stick precision and downgraded it in comparison to SM64. This Analog stick control mehtod has been used in Console first person shooters ever since for the most part.

Anyways! what i'm saying is, you can't even get this with keyboard controls.....Digital arrow buttons are laughably bad and unrealistic in comparison. They may of been fine with Doom, but in this day and age they're so prehistoric. You move up, down, left or light with zero/whichever and that's that....Dinosaur-dated indeed! :p Unless I'm so far behind the times that they've created some sort of keyboard analog stick or created a Wii like nunchuck. ;p Nahhh, most PC gamers just use the Arrow jeys.

Also keeping up with all of these incredibly expensive PC graphic Card upgrades just to support the next state of the art graphical powerhouse title(OMGZZZ, while the difference is probably not even that much greater than what can be done on the XBOX360 or PS3) must be insane. I've got zero interest in PC gaming. two of my friends are really into it, specificly League of Legends currently. They ended up draging me to their local PC gaming cafe(ugh...) a couple of times and forced me to sit down for 3-4 hours for a League of Legends Lan Party & Counter Strike Team death match. All I wanted to do was break away from that computer screen and keyboard set up and hit up an arcade! :p That was pure gaming torture for me.

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Malkeor

151. Posted:

@Waveboy
Your words break my heart :(

But I do agree with having up keep upgrading with PCs, but for some people that's fun. Alot of PC gamers actually build their own systems from scratch, and buy all the parts. They enjoy power over everything else. For me though...it's a headache...i'm still debating weather to build an ultra strong PC for Guild Wars 2 :P

There are a few genres IMO that play alot better with a PC than consoles though, that's mainly why I use my PC for gaming.

Edited on by Malkeor

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

152. Posted:

...if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I play PC games every once in a while. I get by fine without anologue sticks. In fact, I think racers and 3D Platformers and Brawlers, most of which are made for consoles first, suffer from the lack of anologue sticks. I got a PS2 controller converter for those (and fighting games, but those play fine with the arrow keys, too). While the Analogue stick adds more precise movement, that precision is not necessary for a lot of games. I guess they were right when they said innovation =/= improvement...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

153. Posted:

Malkeor wrote:

@Waveboy

But I do agree with having up keep upgrading with PCs, but for some people that's fun. Alot of PC gamers actually build their own systems from scratch, and buy all the parts. They enjoy power over everything else. For me though...it's a headache...i'm still debating weather to build an ultra strong PC for Guild Wars 2 :P

There are a few genres IMO that play alot better with a PC than consoles though, that's mainly why I use my PC for gaming.

Like Diablo? hehe
I think as soon as the Wii U controller hits the scene(due to the possibilities of the big touch screen) for certain types of genre's in the PC gaming world that require many buttons this won't be a problem. :p And I feel that the Wii has outdone everything in the 'controls' department. Pointer controls for Metroid Prime 3(outstanding and revolutionary stuff on a Lag free CRT set with perfect motion handeling. Jaw dropping stuff!), Silent Hill Shattered Memeories(Flash light controls were brilliant! and the interactive puzzles 'while simplistic' were just awesome. Remember picking up a Soda can, tipping it upside down and gently shaking it which led to a key falling out?) just to name a few are PURE next gen gaming experiences that can't be done on a PC. Also the Tilt controls in Wario Land Shake it flat out made the fun factor shoot up by a land slide, Zack & Wiki utilized the wii remote in many awesome ways in puzzle solving, and Elebits absolutely floored me. Being able to slightly open up cupboards to find elbits and pushing them back in, or lifting up objects and the like blew me away. you 'were' a part of that experience. Too bad the frame rate took a hit later on in the crazier larger outdoorlevels! :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

154. Posted:

WaveBoy, do you wonder how many analog axes does have my Joystick setup and how many simultaneous "movements" can I generate at once? 10 + other 4 multidirectional digital ones. Probably you dont even know what I'm talking about, but control-wise the consoles are in no way ahead of PCs (then I can also include a keyboard + a mouse).

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

155. Posted:

No, i don't know what in the hell you're talking about. :p
Anyways, Wii Pointer controls(in my opinion along with 'many' others) are already miles ahead of the mouse + keyboard set up for first and 3rd person titles just to name a couple. To each their own, but i want to feel the immersion, to feel as if 'I'm actually the character in the gaming world instead of dinking around with a mouse on a flat surface and pressing buttons on a keyboard. It's flat out broing and unimmersive to me... i can't bother with that control scheme anymore. Same goes for Dual Analog. it's old boring news to me. But I've mentioned this too many times to count. It's all personal preference.
I just don't find those two control schemes fun or engaging anymore. That's that.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

156. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

WaveBoy, do you wonder how many analog axes does have my Joystick setup and how many simultaneous "movements" can I generate at once? 10 + other 4 multidirectional digital ones. Probably you dont even know what I'm talking about, but control-wise the consoles are in no way ahead of PCs (then I can also include a keyboard + a mouse).

I see you took PC elitist 101.

"Oh you silly console commoners, go back to your manual labor."

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

157. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Malkeor wrote:

@Waveboy

Like Diablo? hehe

I feel like that was supposed to be a joke, but I don't see how a game of that quality could possibly be used as a joke...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

158. Posted:

isn't diablo 3 getting a console port.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

159. Posted:

If it ain't broke, fix it. Because nothing is perfect and whatever you did right, you should probably do the opposite. #BestDeveloperTacticEver

Digitally Downloaded.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

160. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

isn't diablo 3 getting a console port.

That was a rumor that was quickly shot down.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~