Forums

Topic: Will you get a wii u if the xbox 720 launches this year.

Posts 121 to 140 of 218

CanisWolfred

Mandoble wrote:

Order-Sol, to prove it is quite easy, most PC gamers are not console gamers because they dont need consoles and so will not buy them. PC market has a direct influence on the sales of all the consoles. Having a gaming PC, why to buy an XBoX? and if you do, would you buy Skyrim for your PC or for your XBoX? Isnt that a direct effect on console market?

However, doesn't choosing to become a PC gamer already seperate you from the console market? I'll try to explain this later. I don't really have the time atm.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SuperPeach

Of course I'd still get a wii U xbox sucks.

In all seriousness though xbox just doesn't appeal to me, I kinda like the original xbox but 360 not so much, the only reason I have a 360 is because it was free. The thing I don't really like about it is that all of the good xbox games I've seen seem to be multi-platform so pretty much any 360 games that appeals to me could be instead played on my ps3 which I greatly prefer over it. If I get a 720 it probably won't be til it reaches the end or until one is given to me, which won't be happening.

SuperPeach

LordJumpMad

GhostPeachy wrote:

Of course I'd still get the sexy xbox, Wii U sucks.

Fix*

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Bankai

Mandoble wrote:

Order-Sol, to prove it is quite easy, most PC gamers are not console gamers because they dont need consoles and so will not buy them. PC market has a direct influence on the sales of all the consoles. Having a gaming PC, why to buy an XBoX? and if you do, would you buy Skyrim for your PC or for your XBoX? Isnt that a direct effect on console market?

So a PC gamer who doesn't buy a console is affecting the console market how?

That's not how markets work. If I don't buy product A because I'm happily invested in product B and there's little chance I'm going to move over, then the guys who make product A aren't going to be interested in pandering to me.

Nintendo and Sony are relying almost entirely on this trend with the 3DS and Vita - that the people that play games on the iPhone and iPad would never be interested in playing "proper" games on a dedicated handheld. Thus far, the data seems to be backing that gambit up. It's been long known that the PC gamer group is this hardcore club of gamers that will never be interested in console gaming. Which is irrelevent to console manufacturers, since they're busy selling products to the larger, socially adjusted, group of people.

Chrono_Cross

It's been long known that the PC gamer group is this hardcore club of gamers that will never be interested in console gaming. Which is irrelevant to console manufacturers, since they're busy selling products to the larger, socially adjusted, group of people.

This. This. This.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

CanisWolfred

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

socially adjusted, group of people.

Always gotta throw in a shot, huh? But yeah, the rest of that stuff is what I was trying to say. The console manufacturers aren't making games for console gamers. They're two different demographics, and it's rare that one ever affects the other, at least as far as I can see.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bankai

Order-Sol wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

socially adjusted, group of people.

Always gotta throw in a shot, huh? But yeah, the rest of that stuff is what I was trying to say. The console manufacturers aren't making games for console gamers. They're two different demographics, and it's rare that one ever affects the other, at least as far as I can see.

Hey, I belong to a group even less socially-adjusted than PC Gamers - Role Players. Exceptions to the rule and all that. I wasn't taking a shot at anyone here

Edited on by Bankai

CanisWolfred

No offense, but you might want to note that. Otherwise people could easily be offended by that (though I think the big PC users here aren't so easily riled up).

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

nintyfan420

Wii U for me - as long the price isn't ridiculous.

nintyfan420

Gamesake

It's been long known that the PC gamer group is this hardcore club of gamers that will never be interested in console gaming. Which is irrelevant to console manufacturers, since they're busy selling products to the larger, socially maladjusted, group of people.

This.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

Mandoble

As usual, anyway as said before I'm a PC gamer, but open to buy a next gen console as long as it can effectively rival with gaming PCs. Today they cannot, tomorrow who knows, and it is not just a matter of power only, the old mouse and keyboard have a lot to say there too. Will they have controls that allows me to play Civilization V games? or flight sims requiring 20 or more control keys? Or sending writen messages to other players while I play and in less than 5 seconds (to write anything in an on-touchscreen keyboard takes ages for me), etc.

Mandoble

Eel

We will probably get the "xbox 720" first if it gets announced. I'm more a "portable" kind of gamer and rarely play with home consoles, but my brother is a total xboxholic.
We will eventually get the WiiU, too.

Oh, sorry. Is this off topic?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CanisWolfred

Mandoble wrote:

As usual, anyway as said before I'm a PC gamer, but open to buy a next gen console as long as it can effectively rival with gaming PCs. Today they cannot, tomorrow who knows, and it is not just a matter of power only, the old mouse and keyboard have a lot to say there too. Will they have controls that allows me to play Civilization V games? or flight sims requiring 20 or more control keys? Or sending writen messages to other players while I play and in less than 5 seconds (to write anything in an on-touchscreen keyboard takes ages for me), etc.

Or you could buy the Multiplatform games you like on your money sink Gaming PC and just use your console for the exclusives. Oh, and PS3 and Wii let you use USB Keyboards, you know. The Wii U would probably make a good touch keyboard, too.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

WaveBoy wrote:

Plus, your Keyboard and mouse set up are as old as the Dinosaurs my friend.

Naw, Gaming PCs evolve so fast he probably got his set up from the future to keep up.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Malkeor

@Waveboy
Your words break my heart

But I do agree with having up keep upgrading with PCs, but for some people that's fun. Alot of PC gamers actually build their own systems from scratch, and buy all the parts. They enjoy power over everything else. For me though...it's a headache...i'm still debating weather to build an ultra strong PC for Guild Wars 2

There are a few genres IMO that play alot better with a PC than consoles though, that's mainly why I use my PC for gaming.

Edited on by Malkeor

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.