Forums

Topic: Will you get a wii u if the xbox 720 launches this year.

Posts 101 to 120 of 218

19Robb92

shingi_70 wrote:

Witcher 2 is on 360.

and then your speaking of a game that's optimized and the lead platform was the PC. And were talking systems with fixed settings so the whole "My PC is Uber Fantastic as long as I keep stuff up to date or buy a new one every other year to run stuff at max settings" doesn't apply here.

And it looks way worse too.

That doesn't matter. They still look crappy by what can be done today and therefor needs an upgrade in form of a next system.

Mandoble wrote:

You are pretty right 19Robb92, the question is, will any of the next gen consoles be able to close the gap with the PCs? (BTW, you took a pretty extreme example with the Witcher 2, 90% of current gaming PCs are able to run it only in the lowest detail settings and even tweaking them to be even lower, anyway and dont ask me how, they plan to release it for 360 this year).

Doubt it. PC will obviously always be ahead since they can always be upgraded as soon as new chips get out on the market. But consoles can usually keep up for quite a while and look somewhat alike modern PC games even though there may be some less noticeable differences in stuff like lighting etc.

Well yeah, lots of PC game can be tweaked to look worse than the highest setting. But that doesn't mean it can't look that good. Not to mention what can be done with mods today. Even games that look pretty bad on PC in general like Skyrim can look freaking amazing by using mods.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

shingi_70

19Robb92 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Witcher 2 is on 360.

and then your speaking of a game that's optimized and the lead platform was the PC. And were talking systems with fixed settings so the whole "My PC is Uber Fantastic as long as I keep stuff up to date or buy a new one every other year to run stuff at max settings" doesn't apply here.

That doesn't matter. They still look crappy by what can be done today and therefor needs an upgrade in form of a next system.

I still don't see how stuff like gears 3/Uncharted 3 look crappy. I mean i've played Witcher 2 on a pretty well speced PC and It looked better than consoles but it wasn't mindblowingly better.

Anywho back on topic. Yeah the Wii Has slim pickings this year but it was like that last year as well iirc.

The 3DS is looking to have a great year so it evens out.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

19Robb92

shingi_70 wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Witcher 2 is on 360.

I still don't see how stuff like gears 3/Uncharted 3 look crappy. I mean i've played Witcher 2 on a pretty well speced PC and It looked better than consoles but it wasn't mindblowingly better.

Anywho back on topic. Yeah the Wii Has slim pickings this year but it was like that last year as well iirc.

Well then you obviously didn't play it on a good enough PC. The game can look absolutely amazing. Here's a screen cap:
Untitled

But yeah, I only said they looked like crap compared to this. They definitely don't look like crap in general, I love Uncharted's visuals. Really pleasing on the eyes and colorful too.

shingi_70

Anyone else sad the Wii isn't going out with a Bang. I mean just looking at the Line-ups of the Big three between this Year and Last year. I mean Zelda Was a a great game but it was lacking in the Visuals department and I disliked the segmented regions.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

CanisWolfred

Skyward Sword was a huge success, though, and now it's got it's RPG Swansongs, Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story. I'd personally say it's going out in a big way.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Eh I guess. Really Wished at least Xenoblade would have come out last year.

WAT!

19Robb92

shingi_70 wrote:

Anyone else sad the Wii isn't going out with a Bang. I mean just looking at the Line-ups of the Big three between this Year and Last year. I mean Zelda Was a a great game but it was lacking in the Visuals department and I disliked the segmented regions.

I am. I was hoping for some big title other than Mario Party to be the final game of the Wii. But I guess ending with a minigame collection is kind of fitting in a strange kind of way lol.

Though, to me Zelda was the final Wii game. I sold my Wii to my sister when I finished it and now I'm waiting for the WiiU. :3

CanisWolfred

At least it's better than how the Gamecube went out. Its swan song was Twilight Princess, which was also on the Wii. After that, pretty much nothing but licensed crap. We still got some good games coming, even if they aren't that big, like Dragon Quest.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

komicturtle

19Robb92 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Witcher 2 is on 360.

Well then you obviously didn't play it on a good enough PC. The game can look absolutely amazing. Here's a screen cap:
Untitled

But yeah, I only said they looked like crap compared to this. They definitely don't look like crap in general, I love Uncharted's visuals. Really pleasing on the eyes and colorful too.

Just throwing it out there- I remember people always complaining about jaggies in games, particularly and commonly Wii.. And I see plenty there.

IMO, there's nothing spectacular about that screen cap.. I mean, the blood looks like it's made of plastic material than anything else...

komicturtle

CanisWolfred

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

ust throwing it out there- I remember people always complaining about jaggies in games, particularly and commonly Wii.. And I see plenty there.

Where? Seriously, I don't see any at all. Looks great to me, perfectly smooth and all that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

19Robb92

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

Just throwing it out there- I remember people always complaining about jaggies in games, particularly and commonly Wii.. And I see plenty there.

IMO, there's nothing spectacular about that screen cap.. I mean, the blood looks like it's made of plastic material than anything else...

Well of course. I've compressed the picture in a picture-uploader so it obviously won't looks as good as it does on the actual computer. And that picture is taken just to show detailing. It's not like it goes in slow motion when you actually go for the kill and you see small plastic bubbles everywhere. It looks fabulous in motion.

Pogocoop

Tasuki wrote:

Squid wrote:

I don't think there's enough information for either console right now to decide.

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

Mandoble

KoMiCtUrTlE, you should see The Witcher 2 in motion, even at min detail it looks better than almost anything out there, but even more, you will see many many NPCs doing their work at the same time, all of them with incredible detail level and totally natural animations. You will not see a single tree, brick, building or rock repeated twice, everything there is unique and full of strong personality. The only "but" is that the game is pretty short. For PC the recommended specs on RAM is 4GB and 1GB VRAM, how can they port it to 360 and how it will look like is a mistery for me.

Mandoble

Mandoble

Too small? 15$B in 2011 is too small? And that considering that it might be suffering a ratio of 10/1 illegal/legal copies usage.

Mandoble

IanMage

Wii U on day one, just like the 3DS. I don't care if the launch line up is terrible; that system needs to be in my hands as soon as possible.

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

Mandoble

Order-Sol, to prove it is quite easy, most PC gamers are not console gamers because they dont need consoles and so will not buy them. PC market has a direct influence on the sales of all the consoles. Having a gaming PC, why to buy an XBoX? and if you do, would you buy Skyrim for your PC or for your XBoX? Isnt that a direct effect on console market?

Mandoble

RoryLee

Im gonna use my PC to order the WiiU.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.