Wii U Forum

Topic: Will you get a wii u if the xbox 720 launches this year.

Showing 101 to 120 of 240

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

101. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mandoble wrote:

Remember that the only one with a dead home console and in high risk of rushing something in a hurry is just Nintendo, the other two consoles are plenty of life and dont need any urgent replacement.

Give it a rest will you.

He does have a point. While 'm personally read for Next-gen the 360/PS3 haven't hit their walls yet and could go on for another year or so. The Wii doesn't have that advantge at all. Nintendo had to be the first out the gate for next gen.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

102. Posted:

It's that he constantly complains and complains about NIntendo. It's like we 'get it' he hates the company and they're not good enough for him for the millions of insane reasons he constantly dishes out.

And the Wii isn't dead, it's got plently of life in it....Well, it did prior to 2012. :p As of now, it's just got a couple of broken legs that's all hehe. :p No major crazy announcement in sight, although we just got Rythem Heaven and Mario Party 9. It's not dead, but it's not building any steam or paving the way for a major big title either. I've personally missed out on a few or so amazing titles that i still have yet to play. Super Mario Galaxy 2, DKCR, Zelda Skyward Sword, A Boy & his Blob ect ect. I'm kind of behind, so for me it's far from dead but for those who have been keeping up with everything i can somewhat understand the "dead" comment. However Mandy I guarantee has been practically missing out on all of big titles, i guarantee he's hardly played much on the console to begin with, so his negative feedback towards the wii is unvalid.

I've had an Xbox 360 and still have my PS3, but i haven't played titles enough on either console to even really give off a solid opinion. I'm just not interested in either aside from a few titles that appeal to me. I'm just over these big hollywoodized flashy 'traditionally' controlled 3D(polygon wise) titles such as Uncharted, Call of duty, Mass Effect, Gears of War and the like. I just can't get any fun out of them because the dual analog control schemes are so dated to me. I have to have pointer controls for anything 3rd or first person related or i won't even waste my time in this day and age. With RE: Reveliations being the only exception. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

103. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I guarantee has been practically missing out on all of big titles, i guarantee he's hardly played much on the console to begin with, so his negative feedback towards the wii is unvalid.

Oh, so you guarantee that? Your arguments have been always of an alarming weakness, but this one is really hilarious. BTW, I didnt miss any of these that you are still missing. I wonder why you are always looking for my posts and then replying to them with that level of nonsense, some kind of trauma or frustration? Too much maxed out 3D play time?

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

104. Posted:

I'd even see the back catalog is [ure subjective. I'm getting a Wii U based on the fact that i've never owned a wii and i'lll have alot to play. Now take some pf nintendo's more faithful who buys nintendo only have to be feeling the drought set in.

But Yeah the Wii Still has a few exclusives coming this year depending on what NOA wants to do.

Mario Party 9
Rhythm Heaven
Xenoblade
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower (hopefully)
Fatal Frame II remake (likely considering Spirit Camera)
La-Mulana

Its not a lot compared too the other systems this year but it looks like enough to get the Wii Through the summer and focusing on the Wii U.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

105. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mandoble wrote:

Remember that the only one with a dead home console and in high risk of rushing something in a hurry is just Nintendo, the other two consoles are plenty of life and dont need any urgent replacement.

Give it a rest will you.

He does have a point. While 'm personally read for Next-gen the 360/PS3 haven't hit their walls yet and could go on for another year or so. The Wii doesn't have that advantge at all. Nintendo had to be the first out the gate for next gen.

I disagree with that completely. While they are better than Wii (obviously) they still look like crap nowadays. If you compare them to todays PC games like The Witcher 2 they feel outdated as hell. Even one year is pushing it IMO.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

106. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mandoble wrote:

Give it a rest will you.

I disagree with that completely. While they are better than Wii (obviously) they still look like crap nowadays. If you compare them to todays PC games like The Witcher 2 they feel outdated as hell. Even one year is pushing it IMO.

Witcher 2 is on 360. :)

and then your speaking of a game that's optimized and the lead platform was the PC. And were talking systems with fixed settings so the whole "My PC is Uber Fantastic as long as I keep stuff up to date or buy a new one every other year to run stuff at max settings" doesn't apply here.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

107. Posted:

You are pretty right 19Robb92, the question is, will any of the next gen consoles be able to close the gap with the PCs? (BTW, you took a pretty extreme example with the Witcher 2, 90% of current gaming PCs are able to run it only in the lowest detail settings and even tweaking them to be even lower, anyway and dont ask me how, they plan to release it for 360 this year).

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

108. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

and then your speaking of a game that's optimized and the lead platform was the PC. And were talking systems with fixed settings so the whole "My PC is Uber Fantastic as long as I keep stuff up to date or buy a new one every other year to run stuff at max settings" doesn't apply here.

And it looks way worse too.

That doesn't matter. They still look crappy by what can be done today and therefor needs an upgrade in form of a next system.

Mandoble wrote:

You are pretty right 19Robb92, the question is, will any of the next gen consoles be able to close the gap with the PCs? (BTW, you took a pretty extreme example with the Witcher 2, 90% of current gaming PCs are able to run it only in the lowest detail settings and even tweaking them to be even lower, anyway and dont ask me how, they plan to release it for 360 this year).

Doubt it. PC will obviously always be ahead since they can always be upgraded as soon as new chips get out on the market. But consoles can usually keep up for quite a while and look somewhat alike modern PC games even though there may be some less noticeable differences in stuff like lighting etc.

Well yeah, lots of PC game can be tweaked to look worse than the highest setting. But that doesn't mean it can't look that good. Not to mention what can be done with mods today. Even games that look pretty bad on PC in general like Skyrim can look freaking amazing by using mods.

Edited on by 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

109. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

That doesn't matter. They still look crappy by what can be done today and therefor needs an upgrade in form of a next system.

I still don't see how stuff like gears 3/Uncharted 3 look crappy. I mean i've played Witcher 2 on a pretty well speced PC and It looked better than consoles but it wasn't mindblowingly better.

Anywho back on topic. Yeah the Wii Has slim pickings this year but it was like that last year as well iirc.

The 3DS is looking to have a great year so it evens out.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

110. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

I still don't see how stuff like gears 3/Uncharted 3 look crappy. I mean i've played Witcher 2 on a pretty well speced PC and It looked better than consoles but it wasn't mindblowingly better.

Anywho back on topic. Yeah the Wii Has slim pickings this year but it was like that last year as well iirc.

Well then you obviously didn't play it on a good enough PC. The game can look absolutely amazing. Here's a screen cap:
Untitled

But yeah, I only said they looked like crap compared to this. They definitely don't look like crap in general, I love Uncharted's visuals. Really pleasing on the eyes and colorful too.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

111. Posted:

Anyone else sad the Wii isn't going out with a Bang. I mean just looking at the Line-ups of the Big three between this Year and Last year. I mean Zelda Was a a great game but it was lacking in the Visuals department and I disliked the segmented regions.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

112. Posted:

Skyward Sword was a huge success, though, and now it's got it's RPG Swansongs, Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story. I'd personally say it's going out in a big way.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

113. Posted:

Eh I guess. Really Wished at least Xenoblade would have come out last year.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

114. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Anyone else sad the Wii isn't going out with a Bang. I mean just looking at the Line-ups of the Big three between this Year and Last year. I mean Zelda Was a a great game but it was lacking in the Visuals department and I disliked the segmented regions.

I am. I was hoping for some big title other than Mario Party to be the final game of the Wii. But I guess ending with a minigame collection is kind of fitting in a strange kind of way lol.

Though, to me Zelda was the final Wii game. I sold my Wii to my sister when I finished it and now I'm waiting for the WiiU. :3

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

115. Posted:

At least it's better than how the Gamecube went out. Its swan song was Twilight Princess, which was also on the Wii. After that, pretty much nothing but licensed crap. We still got some good games coming, even if they aren't that big, like Dragon Quest.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

116. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Well then you obviously didn't play it on a good enough PC. The game can look absolutely amazing. Here's a screen cap:
Untitled

But yeah, I only said they looked like crap compared to this. They definitely don't look like crap in general, I love Uncharted's visuals. Really pleasing on the eyes and colorful too.

Just throwing it out there- I remember people always complaining about jaggies in games, particularly and commonly Wii.. And I see plenty there.

IMO, there's nothing spectacular about that screen cap.. I mean, the blood looks like it's made of plastic material than anything else...

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

117. Posted:

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

ust throwing it out there- I remember people always complaining about jaggies in games, particularly and commonly Wii.. And I see plenty there.

Where? Seriously, I don't see any at all. Looks great to me, perfectly smooth and all that.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

118. Posted:

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

Just throwing it out there- I remember people always complaining about jaggies in games, particularly and commonly Wii.. And I see plenty there.

IMO, there's nothing spectacular about that screen cap.. I mean, the blood looks like it's made of plastic material than anything else...

Well of course. I've compressed the picture in a picture-uploader so it obviously won't looks as good as it does on the actual computer. And that picture is taken just to show detailing. It's not like it goes in slow motion when you actually go for the kill and you see small plastic bubbles everywhere. It looks fabulous in motion.

AuthorMessage

Pogocoop

119. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Squid wrote:

I don't think there's enough information for either console right now to decide.

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

120. Posted:

Still not seeing any jagged lines. Looked up-close and everything. Got my glasses on and well adjusted, too.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~