Forums

Topic: Will Wii U take off this winter season?

Posts 321 to 327 of 327

DefHalan

rallydefault wrote:

Ryno wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

So everyone, do you think the price cut is going to help it "take off this winter season?"

Yes, it will combined with some good exclusive games coming this winter season.

Definitely. In the face of the new consoles, all "power" discussions aside, the Wii U needs some sort of edge. In today's economy, to have a lower price on your side is crucial. I think Nintendo made a great decision to lower the price along with the Zelda bundle, as well. That's sure to draw a bunch of new eyes to the console, as the Wind Waker remake will generate a lot of press (good or bad) when it releases. 100 bucks is a lot of moolah - in patient hands (those that wait for deals) that could equal out to 2 or 3 games or a few accessories. You also don't need to factor in an online games fee, which I think Nintendo should really play up more in their advertising. Heck, I'd even put it on the boxes from here on out.

At any rate, I think all of the new developments coming out of Nintendo today show that they ARE aware of their competition, and they are willing to make some changes and try some new tactics.

I agree Nintendo needs to talk up the free online more and the backwards compatibility. Families will love the fact that they can buy their kids a new system that doesn't waste all the thousands of dollars they paid for their current game collection.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Ryno

DefHalan wrote:

I agree Nintendo needs to talk up the free online more and the backwards compatibility. Families will love the fact that they can buy their kids a new system that doesn't waste all the thousands of dollars they paid for their current game collection.

Tell me about it. How nice it is to be able to use the previous generations controllers on the new console!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

retropunky

I think marketing will pick up as well as the holidays approach. If a parent is deciding on getting a new console, the Wii U will be more affordable and have new titles available that wil make it more appealing.

Edited on by retropunky

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Marre35

I think the recent price drop will help selling this more in holidays, but im not sure it will be enough. 2014 is going to be critical year for Nintendo.

After the "other two" launches. All the major game sales are still gonna be current gen console. I'll remain sceptical for the time being...

Marre35

rallydefault

I've also read/seen some reviews of Rayman Legends where they do say the ideal version to own is the Wii U's, if only for the added capabilities in multiplayer. It may be small, but I feel that familiar tingling of a turnaround in the air lol

rallydefault

kkslider5552000

You know, I was wondering why they didn't just do this sooner? Like at E3 where everyone would have seen it in theory. I mean, nothing Nintendo could have done could have possibly topped the reaction to Sony but people weren't too excited for Nintendo at an E3 that was otherwise shockingly exciting again, so it could have helped. Like seriously, when you have hardcore Nintendo fans questioning their choices at E3, something didn't work. But, now''s the other best time. PAX is this weekend.. PAX has become a pretty big deal and Nintendo's apparently bringing their A-game to it, plus selling a game technically not available in America for a couple of weeks too. They had this crazy 2DS idea that is now the biggest talk of gaming for the wtf factor and now everyone's attention is on Wii U...and at the same time here's a price drop for that new console and release dates for the games you care about. Smart move basically. Also the focus on PAX fits their "bring E3 to the public" idea, as that's practically what PAX is. I appreciate their consistency to this. intentional or otherwise (even if they are lying liars about the price drop, but that's not exactly a bad thing).

Like, I was assuming they were gonna plan some big announcement soon to get people hyped about the system again, but it's good to see Nintendo is actually working with the major events instead of trying way too hard to only focus on their own stuff (Nintendo Directs are awesome, but aren't popular enough yet to compete with a PAX at all)

I have to assume this is to even things out from the dumb decision to trust youtube to protect their copyrights.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

skywake

I don't think the timing is that much of a big deal. The important thing is that they get the "settings right" before the holidays not necessarily when all of the eyes are on you. A sales bump when the console market is at the lowest point of the year isn't worth much. Look at VGCharts, weekly sales between May and September sales are about 1/5th of the sales during November & December. So I think this is a good move and the timing is good.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.